Jan 26 News/Discussions

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Abed jaan
What experience are you talking about ? the one that has taken Iran to the pits? As one who has worked in Iran in the post revolution let me assure you - the less experienced the better. Having said that - those who live and work in Iran know full well - the best people to run the country in the future, are those who currently work under IR but have never been IR insiders. One has to be IR insider to get top level managerial and decesion making positions - and one has to definitly be an IR insider to become a PM, such as mrs. Haghighat Joo

Jan 23, 2003
Abed jaan
What experience are you talking about ? the one that has taken Iran to the pits? As one who has worked in Iran in the post revolution let me assure you - the less experienced the better. Having said that - those who live and work in Iran know full well - the best people to run the country in the future, are those who currently work under IR but have never been IR insiders. One has to be IR insider to get top level managerial and decesion making positions - and one has to definitly be an IR insider to become a PM, such as mrs. Haghighat Joo
Masoud jan thats how you see it. I do not believe that IR reformers (whether insiders or not) are bad people and at this juncture, whether we want a full secular regime like Turkey or a reformed IR, its best be done through the reformists who have had experience.

Just because someone decided to be an MP in the past 30 years, it doesnt mean that they believe in velayateh motlagheh faghih and anyone who disputes this must be executed! They tried to reform all this but they failed due to forces that have now been fully exposed since the coup.

In anycase as you would agree, no approach can guarantee success but given the risks/rewards involved I go for this way. You or many others can think differently and I respect that.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Masoud jan thats how you see it. I do not believe that IR reformers (whether insiders or not) are bad people and at this juncture, whether we want a full secular regime like Turkey or a reformed IR, its best be done through the reformists who have had experience.

Just because someone decided to be an MP in the past 30 years, it doesnt mean that they believe in velayateh motlagheh faghih and anyone who disputes this must be executed! They tried to reform all this but they failed due to forces that have now been fully exposed since the coup.

In anycase as you would agree, no approach can guarantee success but given the risks/rewards involved I go for this way. You or many others can think differently and I respect that.
Just to give some credit where it's due, Mojahedeen disagreed with velayateh faghih and that's why they were banned from running for any office. All the rest of them who ran and got seats had to agree.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Great response. They passed the Shoraye Negahban screens - so they were insiders. I do agree, it does not make them bad people - and maybe even useful - highly useful in case of people like Karbaschi, Makhmalbaaf, ........or many others who proved their worth. My problem is putting them in Leadership positions.

Do you know when our future democracy will fail (if god forbid it does)? When 50% of our future congress comprises of those who have already sold their services to non-Iranians, or those who would.

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
how Iranians living in exile feel they know what is best for those who have been living and suffering during the past 30 years of tyranny and terror in Iran. We shall help the movement if we can by supporting it, but leave the rest for people to decide. Let's not be Kaseh Daghtar az Ash!

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
OK - let's see 1pa2pa
what constitutes as Iranian outside - are the several hundred reporters who just ran out of Iran allowed to have a say? what about people who live outside Iran yet have a business in Iran and go there once a year? How about someone like a Makhmalbaaf who has done a lot but had to take forced exile as of last year? Or how about the family who immigrated from Iran because they did not want to live under Islamic laws...... how about the immigrant family whose forefathers have done far far more for Iran than every akhoond combined? do those Iranians get less of a say? no way buddy - each one of us is a product of generations of Iranians.
Finally - what about those who live half of the time in Iran do they get 1/2 say? I have lived 1/3 of the last 30 years in Iran - do I get 1/3 say?

No dear - as I said - in many cases, those who are outside Iran have far more say than those inside Iran - especially those who were put through forced exile. Again - let's not separate Iranian inside or outside Iran.

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
every Iranian is entitled to support a free Iran, but nobody is as qualified as Iranians in Iran to decide about future of Iran. However, once Iran is free of Mollas you and I could go back and figure out who should run the country.

OK - let's see 1pa2pa
what constitutes as Iranian outside - are the several hundred reporters who just ran out of Iran allowed to have a say? what about people who live outside Iran yet have a business in Iran and go there once a year? How about someone like a Makhmalbaaf who has done a lot but had to take forced exile as of last year? Or how about the family who immigrated from Iran because they did not want to live under Islamic laws...... how about the immigrant family whose forefathers have done far far more for Iran than every akhoond combined? do those Iranians get less of a say? no way buddy - each one of us is a product of generations of Iranians.
Finally - what about those who live half of the time in Iran do they get 1/2 say? I have lived 1/3 of the last 30 years in Iran - do I get 1/3 say?

No dear - as I said - in many cases, those who are outside Iran have far more say than those inside Iran - especially those who were put through forced exile. Again - let's not separate Iranian inside or outside Iran.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I agree ipa2pa - To be honest with you majority of Iranians I know are too involved in their new countries and could not go back even if they wanted to (mostly because of Jobs, Children,...). My point was at this particular point we must not do or say anything that creates cracks amongst the Green. If any particular person - inside or outside Iran tries to assume leadership of the movement - then by all means we must digest and evaluate the individual - but all the Greens I know outside Iran are just taking a role of support not lead. I can't tell you enugh how proud I am on what all Hamvatans are doing - both inside and outside. There is a huge Boghz inside of everyone us (I think) which will gloriously burst the day IR dies.