Legionnaires Thread 2013-2014

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Foo jan, was Jahanbakhs really that bad last week that the coach won't use him at all in this game?
he was bad but the entire team was bad, he wasn't worse than most other players at NEC. Besides, their main problem was their horrible defence (which conceded twice again today). So I don't really get it either.
After 80 minutes it's 2-2 and still no Jahanbakhsh, they still have 1 sub left though.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
and another good chance for Jahanbakhsh, low shot from a difficult angle saved by the keeper. He's been very dangerous since he came in.
FT 2-2, NEC now 17th, 1 point ahead of Roda JC and 1 point behind RKC Waalwijk.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Two great shots by Jahanbaksh saved by keeper. Those were good chances and he did well but failed to capitalize on them. One of the shots was a scissor-cut that was nicely saved by the keeper.

Any one of them could have been the game-winner.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Highlights from Rubin Kazan's victory! Including Azmoun's involvement in the first two goals.

[video=youtube;G3-479hekgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3-479hekgM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Looks like Sardar Azmoun treated himself to Mcdonalds with fellow striker Mullin after the victory last night against Volga!

This image was uploaded on the Rubin Kazan twitter with the caption "Not sure if this is allowed" , i know that Mcdonald's isn't the type of food you'd want to be having when your a professional player but i doubt the players are banned from eating it.

Bi45loFIYAA0VQL.jpg

Nov 29, 2002
Correct me if I am wrong but Sardar Azmoun still doesn't have an international cap. I know he is only 19 but it would be great to see him play a few friendlies before the world cup because he looks a lot more refined than other iranian strikers his age over the last 2 decades.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Correct me if I am wrong but Sardar Azmoun still doesn't have an international cap. I know he is only 19 but it would be great to see him play a few friendlies before the world cup because he looks a lot more refined than other iranian strikers his age over the last 2 decades.
Nope, no international cap yet. But it certainly will be hard for CQ to keep ignoring him if he continues playing like this (he was very impressive for Rubin before the mid-season break also). I am very impressed by him, he is playing in a demanding league, in terms of physicality and weather conditions etc. He looks better then most strikers we have in Iran, let alone strikers his own age. He should have been given a chance against Kuwait instead of a 30 year old Reza Norouzi, but don't worry, its only a matter of time before he gets his chance for Team Melli.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^But as I've understood, the reason he wasn't even selected to either game (Kuwait, Guinea) was because he had a minor injury or something... he should definitely be in the roster! That goes to Ezzatollahi as well. If not among the 18 players for the WC games, just the latter's presence there (or at the very least his presence in the training camps), will be a big boost for him, not the least a big experience.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
^^But as I've understood, the reason he wasn't even selected to either game (Kuwait, Guinea) was because he had a minor injury or something... he should definitely be in the roster! That goes to Ezzatollahi as well. If not among the 18 players for the WC games, just the latter's presence there (or at the very least his presence in the training camps), will be a big boost for him, not the least a big experience.
He was ready to be invited if the IFF and Queiroz forced the matter, (he did have a slight injury) in which he recovered from. But Rubin Kazan medical staff advised against him travelling to Iran and playing in those friendlies in case he would aggravate it. So they reached an agreement that he would stay and continue his recovery in their training camp.

Its wayyyy to early for Ezatollahi to be considered for Team Melli Sly jan, even if its only to be a part of the training camps. He is only 17, and he should focus on establishing himself in the Malavan team first as a starter, (maybe decide to leave Iran and transfer to Europe and establish himself there) there is plenty of time for him to get into Team Melli. Brazil 2014 is way to early, maybe Asian Cup 2005 (as a wild card), or 2018 World Cup. He should even be focusing on being a part of the Iran squad heading to 2016 Olympics before he thinks about Team Melli.

He certainly has the talent and the mould to be the natural heir to Nekounam. But he needs to take it step by step, we can't just throw him into Team Melli. Hopefully he makes a move to Europe at the end of this season, i hope his move to Rubin Kazan materialises, would love to see him joining Azmoun in Russia.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^True... he's still too young with a lot of time in front of him. But next year, he'll be the same age when Mahdavikia joined TM for the first time. and we can also talk about Kaebi who was 16 when he joined TM! There are always exceptional players who could join TM at early ages. I saw some of his games for a while ago, and he's really talented. Of course as you say, he can always join TM later and take it step by step (which is the best way). But the WC is not coming around every year. It's here now and I think if Rubin Kazan think he's talented enough to get him, it would be good to use this chance and let him join TM. At least for the training and the experience of the WC preparation (he doesn't need to play in the games).

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Yes, he had a good game for his standard. He only received 1 goal and did 1 bad mistake! :)
Dude, khoda nakoneh to bau yeki bad biofti! ;) Poor guy had two SUPERB saves with another good reaction save and couldn't do anything on the goal.

Alireza Haghighi again started for Sporting Covilha. They lost 4-0 away to Benfica B.
TERRIBLE positioning on the 1st 3 goals - TERRIBLE reaction time on the 4th. We're giving Davari a hard time for getting scored on one goal in the Bundesliga while Haghighi's getting scored on 4 times in Portuguese 2nd division and Ahmadi and Rahmati are getting owned by 3rd rate Asian players! :confused-

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Dude, khoda nakoneh to bau yeki bad biofti! ;) Poor guy had two SUPERB saves with another good reaction save and couldn't do anything on the goal.
LOOOL... Behrou joon, I seriously didn't see the guy headed the ball before Davari saved it. I told Oghabealborz later he had an acceptable game. Credit should be given when it's due. I'm not biased towards or against any player, like some people seem to be in this forum. ;)

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Charlton playing tonight ..

Starting line up for Charlton : Hamer, Wilson, Wiggins, Morrison, Dervite; Green, Cousins, Jackson, Poyet, Harriott; Church
Subs: Thuram-Ulien, Wood, Nego, Pritchard, Sordell, Obika, Tudgay.

no sign of Reza .. He made a big big mistake joining a second division team

Last edited: