Legionnaires Thread 2013-2014

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
That's the case with Belgian and Dutch leagues tbf

name me the most expensive player signed by a dutch Club???

there are at least 5 or 6 top teams in Russia and they got far more money than any dutch team including Ajax!!

View attachment 36656
lol I don't know what you're arguing about, I count the Belgian and Dutch leagues in that category too and agree that the Russian league is stronger and richer atm...I never said anything about the Dutch league lol.

But I completely disagree on 8 top teams in Russia. Which 8?? Rubin is not a top team because they played a couple of good CL games a few years back. Zenit and CSKA are their top teams. U may count Spartak as well. But Lokomotiv and Dinamo? Because they're having a good year in the league? I suppose Naft Tehran is suddenly an Iranian top team then? No, Russia has 3 top teams. I'd like u to elaborate on them having '8 top teams' lol.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
lol I don't know what you're arguing about, I count the Belgian and Dutch leagues in that category too and agree that the Russian league is stronger and richer atm...I never said anything about the Dutch league lol.

But I completely disagree on 8 top teams in Russia. Which 8?? Rubin is not a top team because they played a couple of good CL games a few years back. Zenit and CSKA are their top teams. U may count Spartak as well. But Lokomotiv and Dinamo? Because they're having a good year in the league? I suppose Naft Tehran is suddenly an Iranian top team then? No, Russia has 3 top teams. I'd like u to elaborate on them having '8 top teams' lol.
The top 5 teams plus Robin would beat any teams in Dutch league :D

My argument is that Russian league is among the good leagues in Europe

Direstraits said Iranian and Qatari leagues are better than Russian league which I strongly disagree with that statement :D

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Foo NEC's Michael Higdon is 4th best scorer in Dutch league with 14 goals .. but he's nothing but a 3rd division English player
I think you know that too :D

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland

Direstraits said Iranian and Qatari leagues are better than Russian league which I strongly disagree with that statement :D
so do I, the Iranian and Qatari top teams would be relegation candidates in Russia. No argument there. And the Russian league is also one of the best ones outside of the top 4, along with the Portuguese and French ones. My point was that outside of a couple top teams, these leagues are filled with shitty teams and that's why the defence Azmoun scored against was crap. And that it therefore doesn't say much about the league. So I'm pretty much on your side lol.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Foo NEC's Michael Higdon is 4th best scorer in Dutch league with 14 goals .. but he's nothing but a 3rd division English player
I think you know that too :D
Yes, Dutch defences suck. I've been saying that for years :)
but let me put it this way: if NEC relegates, not a single Eredivisie club will be interested in Higdon ;) He's far from a good striker in the Eredivisie, but the crappy defences make it so that his goal tally isn't bad. 14 goals isn't even that good in a league where defences suck and every single team plays attacking football.

May 12, 2007
well the goal was scored against a crappy team. Leagues like the Russian, Turkish and Portuguese ones are the same: they have 2 or 3 top teams which reach a very good level and can do well in Europe, and the rest is shit. Rostov would is one of the teams in that category in Russia.
I believe in that.
Any way My line up for TM is now as follows

Davari
X X Jalal Hosseini X
NN X
Shojaei
Jahanbakhsh Gucci Dejagar
X are those I don't know yet

Nov 24, 2002
Yes, Dutch defences suck. I've been saying that for years :)
but let me put it this way: if NEC relegates, not a single Eredivisie club will be interested in Higdon ;) He's far from a good striker in the Eredivisie, but the crappy defences make it so that his goal tally isn't bad. 14 goals isn't even that good in a league where defences suck and every single team plays attacking football.
Foo jan , I kind found Ducth league crap by watching some of NEC games . not very much impressed . we can say same about Russian league , the goal azmoun scored was nice but no way in a decent league he has close to this much time to decide and score . that defense remind me of IPL

May 12, 2007

I don't know if I said that. I just said Azmun can't score like that in world cup. Not even in WCQ against Qatar. So if the gaol azmun scores today
makes you fresh to see him in TM I diagree and say he has a long way.
Generally I have not seen so many impressive move by Azmun although the fact that he is so young is promissing for his future he is not ready for TM.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Foo jan , I kind found Ducth league crap by watching some of NEC games . not very much impressed . we can say same about Russian league , the goal azmoun scored was nice but no way in a decent league he has close to this much time to decide and score . that defense remind me of IPL
yeah, the Dutch league has gotten weaker over the last few years. Good players leave sooner than they used to and are replaced by even younger players, meaning no team can build anything up for more than 2 seasons. And financially leagues like the Russian and Ukrainian ones, as well as top teams in the Portuguese and Turkish leagues, are way ahead of Dutch clubs. The overall quality is low and the only hope is that clubs like Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord build up good teams with good youth and scouting. That is, if they manage to keep them for more than 2 years.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Ashkan's making a killing on the left side. I really hope CQ gets rid of Shojaei on the left side and plays Ashkan there, with Heydari/Khal on the right side and Jahanbakhsh/Azmoun as the CAM. Ashkan's now ranked 3rd btw in Fulham's top scorers list this season. :)

May 12, 2007
Ashkan's making a killing on the left side. I really hope CQ gets rid of Shojaei on the left side and plays Ashkan there, with Heydari/Khal on the right side and Jahanbakhsh/Azmoun as the CAM. Ashkan's now ranked 3rd btw in Fulham's top scorers list this season. :)
I think he knows it. In test game shojaei plays there but in WC he will play CAM. Why`? to make us unpredictable.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
I would play Jahanbakhsh as RW and Shojaei as AM. Then you'd have a European attacking line with Dejagah on the left, Ghoochannejad striker, Jahanbakhsh right and Shojaei behind them. With 2 hardworking midfielders (defensive player and box to box player) behind Shojaei to hold the balance. At least that's what I'd do.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Azmoun is a great talent .. I really hope he stays @ Rubin for a at least 1 more year he's in safe hands(Turkmen manager)
Their turkmen manager got fired a long time ago. As soon as the Russian league went into winter break to be exact.

& btw, Azmoun's goal was much more then just the turn and the finish, what people fail to see with him (because they only judge him on highlights) is that he is an extremely clever player. Even with this goal, he was the one who brought it down, laid it off, moved into the right position where he got the ball again, and with a quick turn and finish he caught the keeper off guard and finished it. He does this consistently throughout the game, lays it off and proceeds to move into the right position, at 19 he reads the game extremely well.

As for the defending, i've seen slacker defending in EPL & Bundesliga games, i don't know what people are talking about. Azmoun did well to score that even when receiving the ball in a awkward position in the box.

Ashkan's making a killing on the left side. I really hope CQ gets rid of Shojaei on the left side and plays Ashkan there, with Heydari/Khal on the right side and Jahanbakhsh/Azmoun as the CAM. Ashkan's now ranked 3rd btw in Fulham's top scorers list this season
3rd goal in 5 games since his old coach Magath took over!

Last edited: