Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United 0 Chelsea 0
English Premier League week 2
Monday 26 August 2013
Old Trafford , Manchester
Attendance: 75,032

Links to match Highlights (for view)

http://www.footytube.com/video/manchester-united-chelsea-aug26-199424?ref=tchan_ov_vidgrid

http://footyroom.com/manchester-united-0-0-chelsea-2013-08/

Link to full match (for view)

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/08/premier-league-2013-2014-manchester_27.html

Moyes rues missing magic

David Moyes bemoaned the lack of 'cutting edge' shown by Manchester United during Monday's goalless draw with Chelsea in his first home game in charge at Old Trafford.

With little to choose between the sides in what was a match of few chances, the new United boss was quick to praise his players, while spotting room for improvement in the final third.

"I thought we played well and was disappointed we didn't get a goal for it," Moyes said.

"We lacked a little bit of cutting edge in the final pass or cross tonight. But, it was tough, Chelsea defended well when they had to, and I thought if anyone shaded the best chances it was us.

"We went with three forward players as we wanted to try to make sure we won the game. There will be lots of games where I'll decide not to play an attacking team, but that won't make me a defensive coach. Just like tonight doesn't make me an attacking coach. Tonight we felt that was the best approach.

"We did everything we could, we just lacked a ball to get Robin [van Persie] away for a chance to score, or Danny [Welbeck] that opportunity. We had one or two close calls, but it just wasn't going to go in tonight."

The Reds had claims for a penalty turned away by in the second half, after Tom Cleverley's effort appeared to strike Frank Lampard's arm. Match referee Martin Atkinson declined to award a spot-kick,leaving Moyes to call for clarification of the rules after the game.

"I think that’s two penalty decisions in a week against Chelsea which have been good shouts," said the United manager. "I thought the referee gave a handball on Oscar about five minutes later which was less of a handball than the one in the box, so I think it could do with getting cleared up.

"I don’t think the managers are quite sure of what is and what isn’t a handball. I think the referee had a good game, but it was a big call for a penalty kick in a game like this."

As for reflections on his first competitive match at Old Trafford as the home boss, Moyes said: "I'm extremely proud to be managing Manchester United and I was very happy with the reception I got. But I want to be applauded in the future for winning things."

Boss praises Rooney

Manchester United manager David Moyes praised Wayne Rooney's work-rate and demeanour after fielding the forward for ninety minutes against Chelsea on Monday night.

The Reds striker - the subject of a summer bid from the visiting side - was named in the starting line-up under Moyes' management for the first time since the pair were together at Everton, and Rooney responded to the recall with a busy, energetic performance.

"I was very pleased with Wayne's performance and very pleased by the reaction from the crowd," said Moyes. "That wasn't unexpected - I expected it.

"I told him I might only play him for 60 or 70 minutes and see how he was. But he worked back, he tackled and he was great. He closed two or three people down in the corner and the crowd realised the work he did.

"He was desperate to score and nearly scored with an overhead kick in injury time."

The manager added that he feels Rooney, the player he mentored at Goodison Park, is currently in prime condition for United, both mentally and physically.

"He's been great in training and anyone who has looked at him has seen a slightly leaner Wayne. I think Wayne has a positive mind at the moment. I don't think that needs to change. I think his attitude showed a lot tonight."

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United's UEFA Champions League 2013-14 Group Stage Fixtures:

Tuesday 17 September , vs Bayer Leverkusen (Old Trafford)
Wednesday 2 October , vs Shakhtar Donetsk (Away)
Wednesday 23 October , vs Real Sociedad (Old Trafford)
Tuesday 5 November , vs Real Sociedad (Away)
Wednesday 27 November , vs Bayer Leverkusen (Away)
Tuesday 10 December , vs Shakhtar Donetsk (Old Trafford)

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

The United Uncovered Podcast is a fortnightly sister show of United Matchday Podcast.it focuses on more in-depth discussion around Manchester United issues providing insight into the club from the first-team to the Academy, including interviews with players, staff and fans, and each podcast show will be packed full of opinion from ManUtd.com's journalists and special guests.

Listen to 1st episode of United Uncovered Podcast here

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/manutd/audio/UUpodcast_220813.mp3

In the studio with our host, MUTV's Mark Sullivan, are ManUtd.com's Adam Marshall, Ben Hibbs and Mark Froggatt, while this week's features include a title race debate with the Daily Mail's Ian Ladyman, the Daily Telegraph's Mark Ogden and the Sunday Star's Paul Hetherington, who all predicted United will finish third!

We also asked United Review editor Paul Davies to record an audio diary of his day-trip to Swansea to see the Reds win the first game of the 2013/14 season. And, finally, MUTV Under-21 commentators Dave Stowell and Paddy Crerand kick-start a discussion on player development at United.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Manchester United 0 Chelsea 0
English Premier League week 2
Monday 26 August 2013

http://www.manutd.com/en/news-and-f...hester-united-man-of-the-match-v-chelsea.aspx

Wayne Rooney scooped Manchester United’s man-of-the-match award after an eye-catching display in the goalless draw with Chelsea at Old Trafford.

Playing in the hole behind Robin van Persie, Rooney dictated United’s attacking play in his first start of the season as the home support bellowed his name throughout.

The 27-year-old picked up a resounding 89 per cent of the thousands of votes from fans on ManUtd.com and Twitter , with skipper Nemanja Vidic second after his dominant display at the back.

Patrice Evra shone at left-back as United’s defenders limited Chelsea largely to long-range efforts and the Frenchman was the third candidate on the shortlist selected by Reds legends and MUTV pundits Lou Macari and Gordon McQueen.

Wayne Rooney individual highlights vs Chelsea

[video=youtube;qI0hehnD0UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI0hehnD0UM[/video]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Fellaini move confirmed

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Belgian midfielder Marouane Fellaini from Everton for an undisclosed fee.

Marouane, 25, from Etterbeek, Belgium, joined Everton in 2008 and has made 163 starts and 10 substitute appearances for the Merseyside club, scoring 32 goals. A full Belgium international, he has 42 caps and seven goals since his international debut in 2007.

Manchester United manager David Moyes said: “I have worked with Marouane for five years and I’m delighted he has decided to join Manchester United. He is a player with great ability and strength and I think he will make a real difference to our squad.”

Marouane Fellaini said: “I am thrilled to sign for Manchester United. I have known the manager for many years now and I have a lot of respect for his way of working. When I was given the opportunity to work with him again, I jumped at the chance. I had a fantastic time at Everton and I’d like to thank all the fans and staff there for everything they have done for me. But being a Manchester United player is something that every player dreams of and I believe that I can make a real contribution to the team’s efforts to win trophies in the future."

Link to Fellaini & David Moyes interview with Manchester United TV

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/manutd/mufc_fellainisign_030913_web.mp4

United seal Janko signing

Manchester United made a second signing ahead of the deadline by agreeing a deal with FC Zurich for teenager Saidy Janko.

The 17-year-old right-sided player impressed Reds representatives at this year's FIFA Blue Stars Tournament when he played against United and enjoyed a successful trial spell at the Aon Training Complex.

Zurich will receive an undisclosed sum for Saidy, who was born in Switzerland but has a Gambian father and a Swiss/Italian mother.

Although versatile, he is believed to feature most regularly at full-back and will look to initially make his mark in the lower age groups with United.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United's Champions League squad has been named

New signing Marouane Fellaini is obviously included in the list that was submitted to UEFA following the closure of the transfer window on 2 September, along with summer arrival Wilfried Zaha.

David Moyes can also call upon players from List B, which includes a number of the Reds' promising youngsters. Sam Johnstone, Tom Thorpe, Larnell Cole, Jesse Lingard and Will Keane are all eligible from that pool and are already included in the main squad. Others can be promoted before midnight on the day before any Champions League fixture.

Players can be registered on List B if they were born on or after 1 January 1992 and have been eligible to play for the club for any uninterrupted period of two years since their 15th birthday. 16-year-olds can also be on the list if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years without interruption.

Squad:

1. De Gea (GK); 2. Rafael; 3. Evra; 4. Jones; 5. Ferdinand; 6. Evans; 8. Anderson; 10. Rooney; 11. Giggs; 12. Smalling; 13. Lindegaard (GK); 14. Hernandez; 15. Vidic; 16. Carrick; 17. Nani; 18. Young; 19. Welbeck; 20. v. Persie; 22. Fabio; 23. Cleverley; 25. Valencia; 26. Kagawa; 28.Büttner; 29. Zaha; 31. Fellaini; 34. Cole*; 35. Lingard*; 39. Thorpe*; 48. W.Keane*; 50. Johnstone (GK)*.

* B List eligible

Boss excited by Europe

Having discovered which teams his Manchester United side will face, David Moyes admits he can’t wait to get started in this season’s UEFA Champions League.

The Reds have been drawn in Group A of the competition alongside FC Shakhtar Donetsk, Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Sociedad, a selection of teams the boss is reasonably happy with – though he is wary of the threat posed by the Spaniards, who upset the odds to finish fourth in La Liga last term.

Moyes was also relieved to avoid the ‘group of death’ scenario that has seen his former playing club Celtic pitted against European giants Barcelona, AC Milan and Ajax.

“It was okay,” the manager explained during his weekly press conference at the Aon Training Complex, when asked about the draw. “I think the last one coming out was difficult, Sociedad from Spain. Generally, we could have got a tougher job like Celtic - they have got a really difficult one.

“I enjoyed watching the draw, being part of that Champions League and I look forward to the games when they come about. The travelling to Donetsk is obviously a long one and it's a difficult game but I think the travel is not bad in comparison and hopefully that will help us in that regard.”

Speaking to MUTV following Friday’s press conference, the manager relished the group stages following his previous exploits in the competition’s play-offs with former club Everton, whilst revealing the work ethic that will help United prepare for each and every match.

“Folks sometimes say I have not, but I have been in the Champions League before but I have not made the group stage. So I am really looking forward to it. I had quite a few episodes in the European League, which were obviously good but nothing at the level of the Champions League.

“I will do everything I can between now and then to get to know the teams we are playing, get to see them as often as I can and do our homework so that when we do get to the games, we are as prepared as we can be.”

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

The United Uncovered Podcast is a fortnightly sister show of United's Matchday Podcast.it focuses on more in-depth discussion around United issues providing insight into the club from the first-team to the Academy, including interviews with players, staff and fans, and each podcast show will be packed full of opinion from ManUtd.com's journalists and special guests.

Listen to the recent episode of United Uncovered Podcast here

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/manutd/audio/uupodcast_190913.mp3

ManUtd.com's new fortnightly audio show, The United Uncovered Podcast, features two of the club's former strikers in the week when Wayne Rooney scored his 200th goal for the Reds.

You'll hear Sir Bobby Charlton's thoughts on whether Rooney will break his record of 249 strikes for United while another ex-forward, Andy Cole, looks ahead to Sunday's derby duel with another of his old clubs, Manchester City. Completing a trio of famous voices is Nicky Butt - he talks about the new UEFA Youth League, a competition in which his Under-19s team made a winning start on Tuesday afternoon.

Joining our host, MUTV's Mark Sullivan, in the studio are ManUtd.com's Adam Bostock, James Tuck and Adam Marshall. Listen out for the latter going head-to-head with Andy Cole in a quiz about the Reds legend's career.

Video: Sir Alex speaks out

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/manutd/saf_iv_190913.mp4

Sir Alex Ferguson praised "fantastic" Wayne Rooney and enthused about Tuesday's "terrific" performance against Bayer Leverkusen in his first MUTV interview since stepping down as Manchester United manager in May.

Speaking to Stewart Gardner, the boss admitted he was missing the camaraderie he enjoyed with colleagues during his epic tenure at Old Trafford, while declaring he has "enjoyed" retirement so far as his recovery from hip surgery seven weeks ago continues.

Sir Alex also spoke about his recent return to the news, following the serialisation of ex-referee Mark Halsey's autobiography. The former United manager took the opportunity to set the record straight about his contact with the official, reminding us that "the football fraternity", not just the Reds, supported Halsey in his cancer battle.

The retired boss said suggestions he had influenced referees were "laughable", pointing out "this is a guy [me] who has the worst record of any manager in the history of English football, fined around a hundred thousand pounds by them [referees], suspended so many times... that's some influence, I must say!"

Watch the video above to see more of what Sir Alex had to say about Rooney and United's start to the season. The interview was first shown in Thursday Focus on MUTV.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Manchester United 2 Crystal Palace 0
Saturday 14 September 2013
EPL week 4
United goals by Robin van Persie & Wayne Rooney.

Link to match highlights (for view):

http://www.footytube.com/video/manchester-united-crystal-palace-sep14-212529?ref=tchan_ov_vidgrid

Link to BBc MOTD highlights (for view):

http://www.mysoccerplace.net/video/manchester-united-vs-crystal-palace-2-0-motd

Link to full match (for view):

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/09/premier-league-2013-2014-manchester_14.html

Manchester United 4 Bayer Leverkusen 2
Tuesday 17 September 2013
UEFA Champions League matchday 1
United goals by Wayne Rooney (2) , Robin van Persie & Antonio Valencia.

Links to highlights (for view):

http://www.footytube.com/video/manchester-united-bayer-leverkusen-sep17-217556?ref=tchan_ov_vidgrid

http://www.mysoccerplace.net/video/manchester-united-vs-leverkusen-4-2-highlights

Link to full match (for view):

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/09/ucl-2013-2014-manchester-united-v-bayer.html

Rooney's perfectly weighted pass to Valencia for the goal vs Leverkusen:

Sir Alex taking a nap at Old Trafford.it was at minute 82 and United had the game in the bag leading by 4-1 at the time. :)

Moyes celebration after the first goal. we've hired one of many crazed United fans as manager. :)

Carrick praises strikers

Michael Carrick has hailed Wayne Rooney’s performance in the Champions League win over Bayer Leverkusen as “untouchable”.

Rooney’s two-goal haul, which included his 200th strike as a Manchester United player, inspired the Reds to get their Group A campaign off to a perfect start with a 4-2 victory.

Robin van Persie was also in sublime form, volleying United into a 2-1 lead when he hooked home a cross from Antonio Valencia, and all three players were praised to the hilt by an impressed Carrick.

“It was probably Wayne's best performance that I've seen for a while,” the midfielder told ManUtd.com. “It's great to have him in that form - he can be untouchable when he’s like that.

“To have lads like that in your team is brilliant. I thought Antonio was immense on Tuesday night as well and to have Wayne and Robin scoring and assisting is fantastic. Even if they're maybe not having the best of games they can always come up with something. I thought they played really well on Tuesday.”

Carrick is convinced that the team have found form at the right time ahead of Sunday's derby.

“I don't think we've played that badly so far this season,” he added. “The Swansea game was a good game, the Chelsea one was tight, but Liverpool is always a bit of a one-off game which you can't really read too much into.

“We won at the weekend, and on Tuesday we took it to another level and improved again. Hopefully we can do it again on Sunday. The performance will breed confidence, and we'll have to do it all again on Sunday.”

RVP lauds confident Reds

Confidence is often the key to success and Robin van Persie believes United’s self-belief provided the foundation for Tuesday’s convincing victory over Bayer Leverkusen.

The Reds brushed aside the Bundesliga giants with relative ease thanks to two goals from Wayne Rooney, one from Antonio Valencia and another from van Persie, whose movement up front was also an eye-catching component in an encouraging team display.

And when speaking to MUTV after the match, the Dutchman was quick to praise his team-mates and explain why they were such convincing winners.

“We were very confident on the ball tonight, everybody did their bit and we scored a couple of goals,” said Robin. “Everything starts with being confident on the ball and trying to look for that pass in front, that’s what we did and that’s why we scored.”

Robin also had kind words for Rooney after his strike partner converted his 200th goal for United, whilst also tipping his cap to Marouane Fellaini following his Champions League debut.

“Wayne played really well. I love to play with him as he can do everything, he can drop, he can go in behind, he can play the short and the long game. He did really well.

“Marouane did really well also. He was very solid and gets a lot of loose balls back. He’s very confident and always tries to get the ball going forward.”

Moyes happy with win

David Moyes was pleased by Manchester United's positive start in the UEFA Champions League, having watched his side record a 4-2 win over Bayer Leverkusen.

Under the glow of the Old Trafford floodlights, the Reds were convincing victors thanks to goals from Wayne Rooney (2), Robin van Persie and Antonio Valencia. Those strikes outweighed a couple of spirited second half ripostes from Simon Rolfes and Omer Toprak.

As a result, United are now top of Group A ahead of Shakhtar Donetsk, who secured a fine 2-0 away win at Real Sociedad. And while that is obviously a bonus, Moyes isn’t getting carried away.

“We were really pleased with the goals we scored,” the boss told MUTV. “I was delighted to get the first one and get it started and I thought we had good control of the game from there on in. Leverkusen were a threat at set-pieces all night really, they’re a very big team. But overall we had control and we scored some really good goals tonight.

“It was important that we won tonight so that we weren’t chasing things. Things will get more difficult as we go along, but I thought Leverkusen were a decent side. We played well enough to limit their opportunities. However I wouldn’t underestimate them by any means and we won’t be underestimating Shakhtar who, by all accounts, had a good result too.”

Tuesday’s match also saw new-signing Marouane Fellaini make his Champions League debut for the club, producing a solid performance for 81 minutes before departing for Tom Cleverley. Afterwards, Moyes praised the Belgian and explained why he was substituted.

“I thought he (Fellaini) played well tonight, I thought he settled in well,” he told reporters. “He started to get a bit of cramp midway through the second half so I just thought I wouldn’t take any chances with him. But I thought he did a good job and played well tonight.”

The manager also had positive words for Antonio Valencia, who looked full of confidence on the right wing and capped an encouraging display with an excellent goal on 79 minutes, a finish that capped a superb team move for the Reds.

“We knew that if we could get Antonio Valencia plenty of the ball then he’d be able to deliver the crosses. He did do and ran the full-back a couple of times in the first half.

“It was his goal I was pleased with, he’s got a great strike on him with that right-foot and it was great to show that. I’ve said to him that he should score more goals.”

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Shakhtar Donetsk 1 Manchester United 1
UEFA Champions League group stage matchday 2
Wednesday 2 October 2013

United goal by Danny Welbeck

Link to watch full match replay

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/10/champions-league-2013-2014-shakhtar.html

Moyes pleased with point

David Moyes praised his Manchester United team for a resolute display after the Reds' 1-1 draw in Donetsk, a notoriously tough place to visit in the Champions League.

After Danny Welbeck had put United into the lead, Moyes hoped his side's rigid backline, spearheaded by Nemanja Vidic, would be rewarded with a clean sheet, despite the pressure exerted on them by a lively Shakhtar. It wasn't to be, but the manager was still proud of the performance, saying: "I thought we were going to stop them scoring this evening as we defended really well.

"We got a goal early doors and fashioned a couple of other opportunities. Robin (van Persie) was a bit unlucky not to get a second goal and I think if that had gone in we’d have seen it [a victory] out easily.”

“The result is just a point, it doesn’t take us any further just now and we know that we will have to win more games to progress in the competition. But on paper this looked like a hard away tie so we’ve picked up a good point.”

With the home side enjoying the lions' share of possession, Moyes felt that his senior professionals were pivotal in ensuring that United were largely able to stem the oncoming tide of Shakhtar pressure.

“I knew they were going to be very important to me as these are the boys that have seen it and done it, they’ve played in finals and semi-finals," said the boss. "I thought they played well tonight, they did a good job."

He also singled out Ryan Giggs, who made his 145th Champions League appearance from the bench. The Welshman has now played more times than any other player in Europe’s most prestigious competition.

“It was fantastic. He knew that he was going to come off the bench to do it, but what an achievement and what a player."

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

David de Gea's save

Sunderland 1 Manchester United 2

United goals by Adnan Januzaj.

Link to watch full match

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/10/premier-league-2013-2014-sunderland-v.html

Moyes: United merited win & he hails Adnan Januzaj

David Moyes expressed pride at the way his Manchester United side came from behind to notch an invaluable victory over Sunderland.

The manager was delighted with the way the champions maintained composure, despite losing an early goal, to find a way back into the game thanks to two wonderful Adnan Januzaj strikes.

Moyes told MUTV: “I was pleased with the reaction of my players to going 1-0 down. I didn’t think we deserved to be 1-0 down, albeit we could have been 2-0 down at one point if it wasn’t for a wonder save from David De Gea.

"I thought we made a real mistake to give them a goal but I thought after that we controlled most of the game, albeit I didn’t think we forged enough chances. We had lots of crosses and balls into the box but nothing really which was telling enough to get us a goal."

Although the manager admitted he would like his team "to have scored a few more goals," he felt the outcome was still a fair reflection of how Saturday's game panned out.

“I thought today’s performance merited a victory," said Moyes. "That was an important thing for me. I thought we merited it. We played with more speed and there was a better intensity to our game."

Manchester United manager David Moyes hailed Adnan Januzaj's dream full debut after the teenager scored both goals in the 2-1 win at Sunderland.

The Reds trailed to Craig Gardner's early strike but turned things around in the second half with a couple of superb strikes by Januzaj, his first competitive goals for the club. By starring for the Reserves in their Manchester Senior Cup win against Bolton on Monday, the promising youngster proved he was pushing for inclusion, particularly after not making the long trip to Ukraine in midweek.

"I remember giving Wayne Rooney and Ross Barkley their debuts and Adnan is certainly in that quality," enthused the manager.

"Starting Adnan certainly wasn’t a gamble for me. I see Adnan in training every day, I saw him on tour and actually he’s even got better since coming back from the tour. I would have probably put him in the team three or four weeks ago. There were a couple of games when I was going to start him. I just felt that until we got a bit of momentum into our play, I thought we had to wait. As it was, he’s looked as good as anybody in training so I thought he deserved to play.

“His goals were great. Two different types of goals. As well as that, I think he had another two shots in the first half which were very close as well. They were good efforts. His second goal was a great one. The timing of the volley, the technique... I actually really enjoyed the first one. He got hold of it, played it out wide, followed it into the box and ended up scoring from about the penalty spot.

"He’s a really good talent but Manchester United will keep his feet on the ground. Anybody who watches MUTV will have seen him play in the Reserves on Monday night against Bolton. And we’ll do that, we’ll try to bring him on at the right speed."

When asked how he will try to manage the increasing media attention on Januzaj, the manager said: “I’ve had that experience with Wayne and one or two other players. We’ll just make sure he’s not treated any different and try not to get the media too hyped up about him. But it’s difficult not to talk about a boy when he puts in a performance like that and he scores two goals. But he deserves it. He’s a really humble boy and grounded boy. I’ve not got too many fears about him."

Januzaj was certainly a big talking point in Moyes' post-match press conference, including the topic of which senior international team he could turn out for. The United youngster has yet to commit himself with a full cap for Belgium, the country where he was born and the team he has played for at youth level.

"I think he’s got a choice of countries to play for, probably three or four," said Moyes. "He’s been called up by Belgium several times and has chosen not to play for them at the moment. He’s wanted by Albania, Croatia and a few others as well. He can play for several countries, including England. I think there is some way he could qualify for England. I think it may have something to do with his residency."

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United 1 Real Sociedad 0
UEFA Champions Legue group stage matchday 3
Wednesday 23 October 2013

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/10/champions-league-2013-2014-manchester_9943.html

Moyes hails Shinji

David Moyes believes Shinji Kagawa produced his best performance this season in United's 1-0 win over Real Sociedad on Wednesday night.

The Reds beat the Basque side courtesy of a second-minute own goal and forged numerous chances afterwards to put the game to bed.

Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa was at the heart of many of United's best moves and missed a golden chance himself to add to the scoreline. Fans on ManUtd.com and the club's Twitter account voted him Man of the Match after the final whistle.

Making just his fourth start this season, Kagawa certainly made a strong case for retaining his spot in the side for Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter against Stoke.

"I thought it was Shinji's best game in my time here," Moyes said.

"He hadn't really found his feet yet but I saw something from Shinji tonight which I hadn't seen in other games, so I was really pleased."

"His effort when we didn't have the ball was fantastic. With Shinji, everybody tells me about his ability and what he has got, but tonight is the first time I’ve really seen Shinji.

"I thought when we put him into the no.10 role, and even after it, he was good with Wayne. His attitude and energy were excellent and I was pleased for him."

Kagawa individual highlights vs Real Sociedad

[video=youtube;omBng9EJ9RE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omBng9EJ9RE[/video]

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Next Manchester United match is today. Sparky is coming to town. :)

Manchester United vs Stoke City
English Premier League week 9
Saturday 26 October 2013
KO : 15:00 UK time

Link to match preview

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-A...ited-v-Stoke-City-Premier-League-preview.aspx

Listen to Matchday Podcast here (open with Windows Media Player)

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/manutd/audio/matchdaypodcast_251013_v2.mp3

Podcast: Stoke focus

Manchester United face Stoke City at Old Trafford chasing three points in a bid to start climbing the Barclays Premier League table.

Mark Hughes brings his Potters side back to his old stamping ground as the Reds strive to make up for the disappointment of conceding a late equaliser to Southampton last weekend.

We preview the match with MUTV's Helen Evans as she is joined by ManUtd.com's Adam Marshall and special guest Danny Higginbotham, who played for both United and Stoke at the top level.

The discussion focuses on the selection dilemmas facing David Moyes, the threat posed by Hughes' side and also the fact that both managers are trying to impose their own influence on their new clubs.

As usual, Nick Coppack brings us some statistical nuggets ahead of the encounter including an interesting fact relating to Robin van Persie's record against the team from the Britannia Stadium.

Moyes lauds Rooney form and says that Robin van Persie should face Stoke

David Moyes says Robin van Persie should feature during Manchester United’s Barclays Premier League meeting with Stoke City at Old Trafford on Saturday.

The Dutchman was omitted from Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Real Sociedad, allowing him to rest a couple of niggling injuries that were sustained earlier in the season. As a result, the manager is confident of recalling the talismanic striker against the Potters.

However, the boss does not expect to field Danny Welbeck or Tom Cleverley, who are still struggling with injuries. "Robin has a good chance. He's had problems with his toes and a little bit with his groin as well, but I think he should be OK. He’s had a little bit of training as well. Everybody’s improving and the only one who’s a doubt at the moment is Danny Welbeck, who has some fluid on his knee. Tom Cleverley is still recovering from his calf but overall we're pretty strong."

When quizzed on the fitness of Marouane Fellaini, who is currently wearing a protective bandage on a wrist injury, Moyes expanded: "It's never easy when you have an injury that needs something doing to it. People who play football will tell you you use your hands and arms quite a lot for balance and pushing off, so it can be awkward when you’ve got an injury. But he is fine, he’s getting used to it now and hopefully he can play even in the condition he’s in."

David Moyes has praised Wayne Rooney for the all-round work that has put the striker into an excellent run of form.

The striker, who turned 28 on Thursday of this week, has hit the net five times for United so far this season, and was instrumental in the only goal of the game against Real Sociedad on Wednesday. A weaving run from near the touchline into the Sociedad box ended in a curling shot that struck the post, but Inigo Martinez's touch back into net gave United the lead if not the goal that Rooney's skill deserved.

The outstanding performances for club and country have seen widespread acclaim for the England international this season, but the manager insists that Rooney's displays are testament to the work he has done since returning to training during the summer.

"It’s been great working with Wayne because he's an excellent footballer," Moyes declared at his Friday media conference. "I get asked this question every week but I've told you from day one he's been great, his training has been great. I thought he had a very good game in midweek and we want his form to continue, we want him to keep scoring goals. I’m pleased with him – he’s a big plus for us just now.

"He had to make sure he was the best he could be and he's made sure he’s done that. He's in good nick, his talent is unquestionable, he’s physically very good, mentally in a good place and his form has been good."

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United 3 Stoke City 2
English Premier League week 9
Saturday 26 October 2013

United goals by Robin van Persie , Wayne Rooney & Chicharito.

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/10/premier-league-2013-2014-manchester_26.html

BBC MOTD Highlights (16:25 minutes)

[video=dailymotion;x16h64p]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16h64p_manchester-united-v-stoke-city_sport?start=5[/video]

Boss revels in fine rally

David Moyes admits he hopes the sterling comeback against Stoke City is the first of many during his Manchester United reign.

The Reds battled back from twice going behind to take the three points when Javier Hernandez headed in Patrice Evra's excellent cross.

In an exclusive interview with MUTV, the manager paid tribute to David De Gea and substitutes Adnan Januzaj, Antonio Valencia and Hernandez.

"I was going to say that I hope it was the first of many [comebacks]," he laughed. "Still, I’d rather have a late comeback than a defeat.

"I thought that we kept going, we tried everything today. We made mistakes and our goalkeeper kept us in the game at times today, but we kept knocking and that door trying to find a way through and eventually we did do.

"Stoke should have scored more in the first half, but our goalkeeper was fantastic. That’s his job, to keep them out and he’s had another good performance today. However, I’m really disappointed that we conceded two today. I thought we gave the ball away too much and didn’t defend well enough, but the team’s effort, to make sure we got back in the game, was terrific.

"Some people say that I don’t do that [make risky changes] but I do, I’m a coach and I want to win games. You try and influence the game and make the right changes, sometimes they work and other times they don’t. Thankfully today’s did, Adnan came on and made a great impact for the team. "He’s going to be a big talent for the club for a long time to come.

"Valencia did well at right-back and Chicha came on and scored the winner. Wayne [Rooney] scored another great goal, he played really well but I had to drop him back into midfield. I thought that he could maybe help the team to get passing and playing a bit quicker and, most importantly, have as many goalscorers on the pitch as possible.

"I didn’t think that we had a chance scoring from a corner, it was like land of the giants! Thankfully Wayne managed to direct a great header and Chicha got on the end of a great cross from Patrice Evra. It was hard work today, having played midweek, and I have to say I’m delighted that we’ve picked up two wins in three or four days.

"The crowd were great today. They would have been disappointed going in at half-time 2-1 down, especially having just got back into the game at 1-1, but they were terrific in driving the players. Thanks to them, we managed to get the victory."

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

I thoroughly enjoyed last evening's match , and the early rounds of beer certainly helped to value-add to the occasion. :)

David Beckham was also in the stands watching Man United youngsters. :)

Manchester United Under 21 2 - 2 Fulham Under 21
Barclays U21 Premier League
Monday 28 October 2013

United goals by Arthurworrey (og) & Michael Keane.

Darren Fletcher made his first appearance of the season and played for 66 minutes.

[video=youtube;QSrBFH0s_ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrBFH0s_ug[/video]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Next Manchester United match is tonight. :)

Manchester United vs Norwich
Tuesday 29 October 2013
League Cup , 4th round
KO: 19:45 UK time

Link to match preview

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-A...d-v-Norwich-City-Capital-One-Cup-preview.aspx

League Cup special for Pat

Ahead of Tuesday's League Cup fourth round clash against Norwich, Patrice Evra tells ManUtd.com that the trophy will always hold a special place in his heart...

The League Cup is a big trophy for me - it's the first one I won when I joined.

I remember saying to the boss [Sir Alex] when we got on the bus after the final [in 2006], 'This is fantastic, after two months, I've won a trophy!'

I remember that moment well and that first trophy is always so important for you as a player. It doesn't matter if it's the Community Shield, the League Cup or something else. From that day you start to be a winner. You want to win more. You are hungry for more. That was a very important trophy for us. We went on to win many more after that one.

The Norwich game will be a tough challenge but the team did well against Liverpool [in the last round] which was a difficult match and we can hope we can play well again on Tuesday and win the game.

It's an important trophy for us and a brilliant competition to play in. And it's one we always want to win. It doesn't matter who plays, whether it's the senior players or the younger players, Manchester United always wants to win. Everyone has that winning mentality at the club and it's our aim to get the victory on Tuesday.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United 4 Norwich 0
Tuesday 29 October 2013
League Cup , 4th round

United goals by Chicharito (2) , Phil Jones & Fabio

http://www.footballorgin.com/2013/10/capital-one-league-cup-4th-round_30.html

Manchester United Academy player Adnan Januzaj individual highlights vs Norwich

[video=youtube;l_P5qgex-_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_P5qgex-_o[/video]

Round pleased to progress

Manchester United assistant manager Steve Round was pleased to progress in the Capital One Cup after the 4-0 beating of Norwich City at Old Trafford.

The Reds are safely into the last eight of the competition thanks to a double by Javier Hernandez and further goals by Phil Jones and Fabio late in the game.

"It was a terrific result," Round told MUTV. "I’m really pleased. To score four at Old Trafford is always special and it’s great to for some of the younger players to be able to experience a game at this level against a good Norwich team.

"I'm very pleased with the performance and very pleased to go through."

Round is convinced that the goals will flow once the champions' luck changes and there were many positives on the night - not least the performances of Wilfried Zaha and Adnan Januzaj.

"We've not quite had the rub of the green in the past few games," he continued. "Hitting the bar and the post a few times. I think that there will be teams on the end of some big scores from us because we’ve got that capability and we’ve got that firepower right the way through the squad.

"I was really pleased for Wilf Zaha to get a start and play so well tonight, a couple of the other younger lads also did well such as Tom Cleverley and, of course, Adnan, who’s getting stronger by the game.

"I also thought Ashley Young had a terrific game. He’s worked really hard in training to get himself back into form and ready for the games. His performance was excellent tonight.

"There is competition for places and that has always been the case, it’s a really strong squad with a lot of depth and you could see that in the team we picked tonight. We made nine changes and it was still a really strong side. This bodes well for the future."