Mass killing of children and adults in Newtown, Connecticut

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Masoud Jon...IMO...depression is a normal cycle of life especially for anyone indulged in the extremeties....I actually think if Americans accept that without feeling that somehow The universe is indebted to them...then all would be fine or not as horrific as it is being played out now..

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
IZ -
US is headed towrds a major economic depression........this is just the begining. If you guys don't see things the way I do - that is fine, but I believe economic depression brings about social mental frustration in large scale.
My post was not about Jobs, it's about a herd of politicians who can't do and won't do anything about the well being of a nation. Just this month 1 million people (read families) are about to lose their 90 weeks un-employment benefits - that means their income will go to zero - what do you think will happen? More and more we see hopeless parents and children who hit rock botton economically and mentaly.

As for the herds on ISP - don't worry about me, mobs don't bother me.......and as you can see - at least in this case, mobs act and react based on their useless emotions.
If we had a republican or who ever you support in office I bet you wouldn't be bitching about the 1 mlion people who are about to lose their unemployment benifits. You would use the excuse that we shouldn't be baing out 1 million lazy Americans who don't want to find jobs . I don't think you should bring your political agendas into this discussion , some of your points are valid but there is another time for you to discuss those things . But your sounding like the Islamic Republic News Agency with your reasonings of why there are shooting in America and I hope you realize that .

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I think it's way too easy to get guns in the US.
This kid picked up the guns from his mother. How do you stop that? What law would have stopped that? The negligence is on her mother's but you can't outlaw stupidity. The first attempt at gun control was the National Firearms Act of 1934. We have had almost 80 years of gun control laws. What would you like see done that is not done already?

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
news of innocent kids being killed by an animal is horrible. We have a small kid in school and have to constantly think about the unthinkable.
Can't believe an idiot on our forum comes out to push his agenda at this difficult time :(

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
maziar
Actually I support Obama in wanting to borrow more to help with immediate needs,
but he has proven in the past very little of his borrowing see it's way to the needy.....let's hope he does better this time - and if he does rest assured it wou ld be because of my bitching and not your support!!
but you are not the biggest of the fools here.....the biggest fools are those who think in comparison, America's chickens have come to roost....Karma is about to catch up with Americrica !!! As if America was the evil of the 20th Century...

Yepa - beh andazeh ghadet bokhor -
As I said, here in America we don't mourn death - we celebrate life and we make sure to kick ass when due. Just Watch your ass and make sure your emotions are invested wisely.

Last edited:

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
I am for any new gun control law that would have prevented this crime today. I am not trying to be snarky. I am truly listening.
Oh that's so cute, you're listening with an open mind!

How about a federal ban on automatic firearm and assault weapons? Or the right wing wackos need those for self-defense?

How about a ban on ownership of more one handgun and one gun per household?

How about making bullets cost a lot more, if they are to be used for self-defense only?

Na dadash, you're neither listening nor honest.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
what sort of animal would do that?

the fact is there are No animals who are capable of doing such evil thing even bears which eat their own children cant stoop so low
the same mentality also killed a bunch of ppl in Iraq (Karballa) among them many Iranians :( but i havent seen anything on that yet?
there is a piece of video news about school killing here on this page;
msnbc

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...among-28-killed-in-connecticut-slaughter?lite

Oh the damn idiot who murdered these kids was a teacher's son with a pair of 9mm guns!
I bet he was demon possessed

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
To buy a handgun you need to be 21. Problem with your 25 is that the next time somebody kills and he is 26 you'd want to up that. I don't get the above 70.

Done. Even a misdemeanor will make you a prohibited person.

Lawyers are more than happy to go after people with criminal negligence. The laws are already on the books. BTW, stories were already written about assault weapons ban. It turns out he had a Glock and a Sig but I am very curious how he got the guns. Oh, did I mention that he had already killed his father at home before hitting the road. We are talking serious criminal.
Again a bunch of dishonest answers. In majority of states purchasing a gun does not require a state permit. In many states carrying a concealed gun does not require a permit. In some states, an individual can legally sell his gun to a third person, even unlicensed, as long as that person is a resident in the same state, basically rendering the whole registration and permitting useless. These laws are made to make selling and buying guns easier, and if you think otherwise you're fooling yourself.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
In majority of states purchasing a gun does not require a state permit. .
There is no such thing as a "state permit". You don't even know the vocabulary of the subject you are talking about. Anyone wishing to purchase a firearm must pass the NICS. By all accounts this guy would have passed it.

"The NICS determines if the buyer is prohibited from buying a firearm under the Gun Control Act of 1968. It is linked to the National Crime Information Center and the Interstate Identification Index among other databases maintained by the FBI.[1]", from wiki.

In many states carrying a concealed gun does not require a permit.
True. There are 4. Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming. CCW played no role in this or any other recent killings.

In some states, an individual can legally sell his gun to a third person, even unlicensed, as long as that person is a resident in the same state, basically rendering the whole registration and permitting useless.
That is correct and has to be addressed at some point. However, this guy simply took his mother's guns.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
How about a federal ban on automatic firearm and assault weapons? Or the right wing wackos need those for self-defense?

All the killings today were done with two handguns.

How about a ban on ownership of more one handgun and one gun per household?
Nidal Hassan had just one gun. He killed 13 and wounded 32. One gun is plenty.

How about making bullets cost a lot more, if they are to be used for self-defense only?
Glocks cost upwards of $800, and that is if bought legally. I assure you he could afford the ammo.

You would sound a lot more credible if you just came out and asked for a total ban and confiscation of all privately held guns. Then we could talk about the details.

Aug 26, 2005
Masoud, with all due respect (of which is dwindling), please shut up.

What a tragedy...I actually thought this was an old thread! What a fucked up world we live in.

Aug 26, 2005
Maybe I am reaching, but do people who live in America think the media sensationalises so much danger out there that people think they need guns? I read the mother owned a handgun legally, which gets you to thinking why the average person would think they need a handgun in America.

Jun 7, 2004
Such a sad story. Otherwise, the only thing that this incident positively confirms is that there are lots of lunatics in this world, in the real world as well as online.

Oct 1, 2004
Maybe I am reaching, but do people who live in America think the media sensationalises so much danger out there that people think they need guns? I read the mother owned a handgun legally, which gets you to thinking why the average person would think they need a handgun in America.
And I think this was in a relatively safe area and neighborhood.
We have just as many guns (per person) in Canada, yet the gun culture is completely different.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
And I think this was in a relatively safe area and neighborhood.
We have just as many guns (per person) in Canada, yet the gun culture is completely different.
I don't think the gun culture is all that different anywhere in the world. It's just that, within a population there's a percentage who are weak enough to lose their mind and pull the trigger. The US has 10 times the population of Canada and lots of guns. The number of bullets fired is not a linear ratio. It's an exponential curve. This is simple math. It's not about guns per population. It's about bullets fired per generation.

This problem of too many guns going off can easily be addressed by imposing a 10000% (ten thousand percent) tax on ammo used for handguns and assault rifles. Make sure it's imposed on the manufacturer not on sales so a black market doesn't get created. No guns need to be taken away. No law enforcement needs to be added. Just make bullets unaffordable for the general public. Within 10-15 years, the new generation will learn to live without guns.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
^^ I did not ask you to believe it. I just gave my what I think. Did you for a second to think why these sort of stuff happens in US. Well you see it in other counties but more in US.
Much worse things happen in other countries, so what?

Last week a bunch of school girls were burned, some died, in Iran. Last month a school bus full of school girls turned on its head and all died, in Iran again. By your logic this must have been their Karma. Right?

Whose crimes were these kids being punished for?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Every situation is different. We don't know anything about her life story and why she had what she had. We don't know if the kid lived with her mother. How did he get hold of her guns? She most likely knew of the state of his son's mind. If I had to keep guns in the house with such a character living with me, I'd make sure they are locked up or just not have them altogether. But then again he might have forced them out of her. We have to wait and see who the guns were registered to(yes, there IS a gun registry in the US).