Messi

Messi, C.Ronaldo, Xavi Finalists of FIFA Ballon d'Or award. Who should win the Award?

• Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Mar 13, 2007
Even if Messi doesn't score a goal ... He creates many open spaces for other players and can distract the defenses ...
The best of Messi yet to come ... Just watch the rest of the WC ...

To me he is the best player in the history of Football ... Just my personal opinion though

That's cause you don't know any better! To me he isn't even in top 30 of all time cause he hasn't done anything yet! They said the same exact thing about ronaldino, he was a super super star in barca in lashitta, but he will not even be mentioned in top 40 of All time cause he never won anything for his team when it mattered! I made the same argument about him with ronaldino worshippers back then and I'm doing the same with u folks.

I can tell when a player is a born winner , here to win championships for his team like Zidane, vanbasten, romario, ronaldo, kilinsi, maradona, gulit,....or a mere flash!

Messi

IPL Player
Mar 14, 2007
Man, what I would give to see Messi and the argies lifting it on June 11th (I don't really care who wins it, so long as its not Engurland), just to make this moron wake up and get rid of the silly prejudice in his little head...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
That's cause you don't know any better! To me he isn't even in top 30 of all time cause he hasn't done anything yet! They said the same exact thing about ronaldino, he was a super super star in barca in lashitta, but he will not even be mentioned in top 40 of All time cause he never won anything for his team when it mattered! I made the same argument about him with ronaldino worshippers back then and I'm doing the same with u folks.

I can tell when a player is a born winner , here to win championships for his team like Zidane, vanbasten, romario, ronaldo, kilinsi, maradona, gulit,....or a mere flash!
As I mentioned before, Messi has respect even among the best of the best players in the world ... and not you !!!
His loss I guess ... LOL

Sep 25, 2005
Honestly, I still have him over madridista and others. But he needs to step his game up and back it up. I'm disappointed because his argument has a couple fallacies, which he usually doesn't have.

Besides, it's Messi. if it was anyone else, I wouldn't care. LOL
they say people alike attract one another.

you are just like he is, but in a more complex way.;)

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Sorry man. You can't walk on the pitch and expect miracles to happen. I realize the chemistry was not there. I realize you weren't getting the support needed from your teammates, but there was a heavy bulk of trust put on your shoulders and you failed to carry it. Ask your coach how he did it. There's more to it than getting the ball and running with it hoping to get a shot.

Next time...

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
I only saw parts of the game, but it seemed like the Argentinians were standing there watching Germans play?!

even the commentator said those guys (argentinians near the goal) Are not defenders, they are forwards they dont know how to defend and zapppp Germany scores the 4th goal!

then they show Messi at the end getting hugged by Maradona but the look on his face was like he was not even there, he could not believe it, he was just dumbfounded!

so yeah Football is an 11-player game

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
thats harsh...

although he was not at his best, and did more than just ruinning with the ball - recall his 2 very clever passes (one of them was wrongly called off-side IMO)

He is the last person to shoulder the blame...His coach, who left out 3 prominent members of Inter Milans champions league winning team must do some soul searching

Could Walter Samuel and Zanetti have made Argentina's defence worse than it was?

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
One of the goals looked like keeper's fault. brushed against his hand before it went in.
but then again the shot was like point blank range.
bad bakht, :( the defense was sooraakh really.

May 9, 2004
نه تنها مسی بلکه کریستیان رونالدو و رونی هم کاری از پیش نبردند
یعنی در حد و اندازهایی که انها را قرار داده بودند نبودند
وقتی چند ماه پیش عده ای امدند و اینجا مسی را با مارادونا مقایسه کردند من گفتم مسی هنوز حتی به پای زیدان نرسیده چه رسد به مارادونا

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
B
thats harsh...

although he was not at his best, and did more than just ruinning with the ball - recall his 2 very clever passes (one of them was wrongly called off-side IMO)

He is the last person to shoulder the blame...His coach, who left out 3 prominent members of Inter Milans champions league winning team must do some soul searching

Could Walter Samuel and Zanetti have made Argentina's defence worse than it was?
Eexactly on point
Messi completey outta position
Let's not blame that joke Maradonna
Everyone remembers maradomna as god here
But who can forget the embarassing loss in 1990 to Germany
Hand of god ,.. more like hand of a cheater that he was
No class..no brain , at least Messi is a true gentleman

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Messi did ok.. he was not that bad.. He tried hard but the team missed organization. I think Maradona should have brought in Veron very ealy in the 2nd half to control the middle and calm down the players. I also wished to see Milito at min 50 or so. Maradona's 1st sub was after the 2nd goal which was too late. I blame the coach.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I think its a curse to be the World Player of the Year when you turn up to the world cup! I think it was ronaldinho last world cup and he suffered pretty much the same thing. I dunno must be a jinx or something!
LOL, maybe from now on they should only give it to defenders!

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Messi did ok.. he was not that bad.. He tried hard but the team missed organization. I think Maradona should have brought in Veron very ealy in the 2nd half to control the middle and calm down the players. I also wished to see Milito at min 50 or so. Maradona's 1st sub was after the 2nd goal which was too late. I blame the coach.
Yeah but the sub was ready to come on when Germany scored and Argentina did dominate the first 15-20 minutes of second half!

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
So you expected him to pick the ball up deep from his own half, get past 3-4 players and then score goals, basically do the work that Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta also do for him and add to what he already did, correct?