Messi

Messi, C.Ronaldo, Xavi Finalists of FIFA Ballon d'Or award. Who should win the Award?

• Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Oct 18, 2002
Any solid experienced defenders should know what his moves are. Loves to go to his right slightly before blazing out to his left to setup a left shot. Even greeks had it figured out for most parts, yet those incapable lame laliga defenders let him pull the same move on them week in week out !!! LOL...

he could do nothing against the likes of chelsea, ManU or Inter defenders and now even these other lame countries like greece know what his moves are, they anticipated them pretty effectively. But no worries he be scoring hat tricks left and right as soon as laliga starts.

dont tell me this is giving the freakn results away by the way! LOL, dont you passionate soccer guys have vacation or sick days you can take to watch the games so you dont have to wait until so late?
Messi has been predictable from day one, it is that no one can stop him and that is the reason he is so great. I don't think there is a single player that moves with or without the ball with as much grace as he does right now. For sure the best and most effective player on the planet at the moment. It would be a shame if he does not raise the trophy, because he is like Zidan in my eyes, a single man team and definitely worthy of a WC championship.

May 9, 2004
مسی الان شاید بهترین بازیکن دنیا باشد
یا حداقل یکی از سه تا بهترین ها
ولی چون بعضی ها او را با مارادونا مقایسه کردند باعث شد که به نظر بیاید که در حد و اندازهای مسی که در خیال عده ای بود نباشد
به نظر من در حد و اندازهای زیدان 2006 وحتی رونالدو 2002 هم نیست
البته تا الان
شاید بقیه بازیهای او در این جام عقیده من را در این مورد عوض کند
ولی ممکن نیست که بازیکنی بتواند به گرد ماردونا برسد

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Messi has played a great tournament so far, overall probably the best player of the group stage. Even though he hasn't scored, he set up so, so many attacks and gave quite a few assists. He's just been fantastic, and if he goes on like this the goals will come themselves.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
InDaMoneyz,

I have to say that your posts over and over display how little you actually know about Football and to what degree you understand it. At best you have been a watcher of some games and with your biased views of thinking eglish players are god and the english team is good will remain a biased fan. Do you even realize that Messi has been responsible for many goals Argentina has scored. Are you jealous or not able to see that Argentina is playing ten times better than your England and Messi is worlds best player. Instead of enjoying the world cup and all the talents you keep bringing baseless talks about the Spanish League and the players. So far Spain has displayed beautiful passing, pressing, individual technique and putting plays together. The beauty of the game is that anyone can lose at antytime. So yes Spain lost in a shocker. Now they are in contention to get first place in the group. Lets see what happens.

Today Maradona by making Messi Captian showed him the respect he deserves. At the same time he has put him in a good psychological state. I think he is playing a bit back as compared to Barca and is distributing more balls. Same thing that Xavi and Iniesta do. I dont think he is irritated at all. For him winning and being a part of the team is most important and so far he has done that greatly. Obviously he would love to score but I truly believe for him winning the cup even without scoring a goal is much more important. For someone like Messi scoring is natural and it will come.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Messi is just in another caliber ... this is guy is amazing ...
The future will remember him as we remember Maradonna, Pele and Ziadane

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
on a day when Messi was predictable because he was man-marked by an opponent, he hit the bar, assisted 2 goals, and dragged his marker all over the field creating a lot of space for his teammates to exploit. add to that they played without di maria on the left, so they didn't have their usual width.

overall his predictable has been a lot better than all other players unpredictable so far.

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
And I figuered you out. U like to get replies to your posts, dont u? So you write whatever junk you think will stir most people, so they reply. You pull the same move over and over, but even dumb readers like me figuered u out.

Mar 13, 2007
May this be a lesson to all of you

messi the superstar who farts and scores in that shit league laliga anytime he wants - who is supposed to be better than maradonna couldn't score a signle goal against thelikes of nigeria, korea and greece !!!! doesn not matter if he setup every one of argentina's goals because he is not here for that and argentina have other players who can setup plays left and right.

No one is saying messi is bad, but this is a lesson for all these bandwagon jumpers who think messi or anyone else is the greatest of all time because they scores so many easy goals in butter league laliga.

I said that before the WC, I said it during its qualifications and I'll say it after wards, quality of a player is determined of how a player performs in EPL, Serie A, or what he accomplishes in one of these tourneys. Messi has not done any of these!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
May this be a lesson to all of you

messi the superstar who farts and scores in that shit league laliga anytime he wants - who is supposed to be better than maradonna couldn't score a signle goal against thelikes of nigeria, korea and greece !!!! doesn not matter if he setup every one of argentina's goals because he is not here for that and argentina have other players who can setup plays left and right.

No one is saying messi is bad, but this is a lesson for all these bandwagon jumpers who think messi or anyone else is the greatest of all time because they scores so many easy goals in butter league laliga.

I said that before the WC, I said it during its qualifications and I'll say it after wards, quality of a player is determined of how a player performs in EPL, Serie A, or what he accomplishes in one of these tourneys. Messi has not done any of these!
Even Maradonna has respect for Messi ... and not you ... what a joke