MLB - Major League Baseball

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Drop Bruce, Zimmerman (wash 3b right?), Cobb and Rozario..... Bruce is batting what 200? Cobb was OK last year....but god knows how he will be this year if he ever comes back.......Rosario.....he is good but there are plenty of good catchers....look into Salvador Perez or Flower with chesx.
Rookie :D

Drop Bruce one of the premier young hitters in the majors after 3 weeks? loooooooooooool. Drop Zimmermann one of the premier third base players in the league?!!! loooo. Drop Cobb one of the brightest young arms after just three weeks? loooooooooooooool. Drop Rosario the probably best offensive catcher in the majors? looooooooooool. I would love to play in your league Massoud if you guys drop such players after 3 weeks lol. I would be the one putting waiver wire claims for all these players you drop because of impatience and overreaction.

Injoori age bekhaay baazi koni too leaguet aakhar mishi massoud joon :)

Na ghorboon, we have DL spots to actually use them. I will manage the situation until these players get healthy.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
lool china.....can't fall in love with your players......rule 1
I don't know how your league works....but in ours you can't hang on to players who are on DL. I had to drop Harper last week....this week Ryu.....ours is all about starting as many decent pitchers and get enough home runs.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
lool china.....can't fall in love with your players......rule 1
I don't know how your league works....but in ours you can't hang on to players who are on DL. I had to drop Harper last week....this week Ryu.....ours is all about starting as many decent pitchers and get enough home runs.
Pessar do you actually know how to play fantasy?!!!! Seriously, why do you have to drop someone like Harper if you can park him on a DL spot until he is healthy? Bro, i would LOVE to be in your league. Other people must be thinking you never played fantasy baseball man. DL ro vaase hamin daari dige!!!! Baazikone majrooheto mizaari roo DL ke betooni zakhire bejaash bezaari bedoone inke oon bazikone majrooheto drop koni lool. Age gharaar bood harki ke do hafte majrooh shodaro to drop koni ke dige DL spot bimani mishod ke. :)

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
enghadr charand nagoo mard........last 5 years - I have won money on CBS and ESPN fantasy baseball....have the T-Shirt to prove it too.
The thing is fantasy leagues and games are different - even on the same networks. On CBS, we have leagues where you have 9 batters all together,this is only for H2H format in other formats you can have many more........as a result there are plenty of good offensive players always avialable on the waiver.......right now you can go to our waiver and pick up Bruce, Harper and Josh Hamilton!! all of them on IR. .....yet nobody wants them....why? we need to start as many pitchers.....our game favors pitching points.
BTW - Kershaw is coming back tonight - and I am taking a minor league pitcher who is pitching against him!! watch and see what happens!!!

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Baba mass bas kon joone to :)

in jaryaan do do taa chaar taast ke to nemikhaai befahmi. Dooste aziz, we have DL or IR spots for such cases! we have played what 3 weeks? There is a lot of baseball to be played, over 160 games and you want to drop such valuable guys like Harper, Cobb, Zimmermann, Rosario... after three weeks? looooooooool. In dige aslan be format bazi ham rabti nadaare, its clear cut dumb. You put these guys on a DL or IR spot until they get healthy and help you win your league. There is absolutely no need to drop a great player because of an early injury that will heal in about 2 or 3 weeks. You dont even drop them when they are injured for 3 months because you simply dont have to. As said, you put them on DL or IR (which is there for such cases) and fill their spots with new grabs off waiver wire. Man nemifahmam vaghti mitooni moft o majaani inaaro negah daari taa haaleshoon khoob she, cheraa baayad bikhod o bijahat bendaazishoon az timet biroon ke yeki dige biaad vareshoon daare o baghiye saison ro baahaashoon haal kone?!!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
We have no DL spot.......we have reserve/bench spots which we use for reserve players who may not be playing the day........I see yours has 4 DL spots - which means it is crazy to drop anyone - unless you have more than 4 injured players. In CBS Fantasy and in most formats I would keep Harper......but not in the H2H......and certainly not a non-pitcher. If it was Kershaw I would have kept him and suffered the loss of one spot......but certainly not for a .260 hitter with 2 home runs. it is not a s 2x2 pedar jaan......how would you explain the fact that nobody has taken Harper after I dropped him?

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Mass, you may not have DL spots but you told you have IR (injured reserve) spot which is exactly the same as a DL spot. you are confusing a few different things. having DL or IR spots for injured players doesnt have anything to do with the playing format! It doesnt touch the matter at all, you can play auction H2H, roto...you can in all those formats have DL sports or not have any. If you really dont have any IR or DL spot then its understandable not to pick up likes of Harper, Zimmermann, Rosario, Bruce.. but if you have then its a crime to drop him to begin with let alont not to pick him up once he is dropped.

The other thing is that you are keep telling me something really ridiculous about those 2 HR and .260 avg. Dude, the season has just started. Someone like Bruce is a 30-35 HR kind of player which is great. You simply dont overreact after just 3 weeks and drop him looooooooooooool.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
You love arguments China - just go look at my roster....there are no DL or IR......only Bench spots. In CBS we bench players who are injured or not playing,...etc.
So the bottom line is - injyred players take a bench spot which I could use to have a pitcher who will pitch tommorrow.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
You love arguments China - just go look at my roster....there are no DL or IR......only Bench spots. In CBS we bench players who are injured or not playing,...etc.
So the bottom line is - injyred players take a bench spot which I could use to have a pitcher who will pitch tommorrow.
Mass, look at your own posts, you told me you have reserve spots now you say you only have bench spots which explains everything now. To be honest though i never played in a leauge with no IR or DL spot! I mean how fucked up is that? In the real game injured players get put on DL (disabled list) and so should be the approach in fantasy baseball too. Haalaa farghi ham nemikone, you indeed cant waste many bench spots for injured player but there are valuable injured players who are worth it to be put on a bench spot until they are healthy. The season has just started and its not benefitable to give up on a potential 30 HR player this early in the season.

Haalaa vazet chetore? My team is a fucking hospital. All 4 DL spots are occupied and i have 2 other injured players who are occupiyng a bench spot.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I lost last week - this week I am ahead by 20 points........but have been very unlucky. My boy Hudson pitched 9 innings and lost at the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs an a throwing error and a called that was reversed after review. You know they review baseball calls now.
I have Hudson going today in Washington against Strasburg.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
China - check into Doug Fister. He is coming out of DL and pitches for Washington on Friday....Vegas has favorable odds...

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I dont like Fister. He actually is a good pitcher but i am sucker for strikeout pitchers and the strikeout abilities of Fister are very limited. He lives of his control and command of strike zone but he does not miss many bats. AND: He is coming off DL. I never throw out a pitcher who is coming off DL. I always pass. These guys are still rusty, almost always they struggle with control...they need time, maybe one or two starts to get things going.

If Eovaldi is not owned, rush to waiver wire and grab him. The guy is blatantly underowned. Other good underrated pitchers are Dallas Keuchel, Kluber and Porcello. They all have great FiP and xFIP rates which shows us that they are expected to excell without much of a regression.

Last edited by a moderator: