MLB - Major League Baseball

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
China - I think I learned something about "Head to Head" at least on CBS site - most people like me fill their two RP spots with closers.....it may be advantageous to use two starters who have RP status.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
This seems to be a very shallow league where you can stream people at will. Our league is a bit more difficult. We cant stream at will because of movement limitations. We have only 50 roster moves over the whole season. that requires more insight, more infos, more watching and planning long term.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Btw, be carefull of Leake today. Khris Davis, Reynolds, Segura, Gennet, Weeks...they all have a good track record against Leake and know him well and Milwaukee is a great hitting team this year. He could get shelled today.

Is Eovaldi out there? If he is, just rush to waiver wire and scoop him up. He is a great young pitcher with the highest average velocity on his fastball.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Btw, be carefull of Leake today. Khris Davis, Reynolds, Segura, Gennet, Weeks...they all have a good track record against Leake and know him well and Milwaukee is a great hitting team this year. He could get shelled today.

Is Eovaldi out there? If he is, just rush to waiver wire and scoop him up. He is a great young pitcher with the highest average velocity on his fastball.
Let me teach you something my young and over-confident friend........all you have to do to set your line-ups is for any given day is to see what Vegas thinks.......you'd do better than 70%.
Here is a link for you: http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/

BTW - we are allowed 8 transactions per week.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Let me teach you something my young and over-confident friend........all you have to do to set your line-ups is for any given day is to see what Vegas thinks.......you'd do better than 70%.
Here is a link for you: http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/

BTW - we are allowed 8 transactions per week.
looooooool, this vegas thing is a joke mass. it actually shows you are pretty much a rookie :D

I am a whole baseball encyclopedia in person buddy. I read a lot, i study statistics and baseball is nothing but statistics. This is a payed league where we play mass, i cant rely on some bullshit vegas site, that wouldnt cut it.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
looooooool, this vegas thing is a joke mass. it actually shows you are pretty much a rookie :D

I am a whole baseball encyclopedia in person buddy. I read a lot, i study statistics and baseball is nothing but statistics. This is a payed league where we play mass, i cant rely on some bullshit vegas site, that wouldnt cut it.
Just like in every other ego maniac Eyranian around me who knows it all about all sports.......you will come to use my wisdom. Comparing to many members here you may me Oghlidos - but when it comes to me......common....don't be in denial.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
This week I am playing a guy who has the following pitchers remaining to pitch through the weekend:
Sabathia, Verlander, Lincecum, Price, Wacha, Teheran, Cueto, Tanaka, and Richards. I am ahead by 50 points - but it seems hardly enough at least on paper.....but then again it's me........and Vegas likes my pitchers.....all except Buckhollz which I am taking a big risk on today.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Just like in every other ego maniac Eyranian around me who knows it all about all sports.......you will come to use my wisdom. Comparing to many members here you may me Oghlidos - but when it comes to me......common....don't be in denial.
Its not hard to be a half-god among iranians mass and last time i checked you are iranian aswell albeight a huge mamal emrikai :)
However, good luck with Leake today.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
This week I am playing a guy who has the following pitchers remaining to pitch through the weekend:
Sabathia, Verlander, Lincecum, Price, Wacha, Teheran, Cueto, Tanaka, and Richards. I am ahead by 50 points - but it seems hardly enough at least on paper.....but then again it's me........and Vegas likes my pitchers.....all except Buckhollz which I am taking a big risk on today.
He has some good pitchers. I dont like Sabathia nor Lincecum but Tanaka, Teheran, Wacha und Cueto are top notch. Price is not bad, Verlander is over the hill and could still pitch a few good game but he is not the dominant pitcher he used to be. His pitching is actually better than yours and this is why you should be smart and play the pitching matchups well.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Vegas has him favored....not by much....and more importantly Vegas is not excepting many runs scored. Over/Under is a low 7.5 - btw - just between you and I and the rest of ISP - Americans around me have been more Masoudized than I have been Americanized!! I am sure of all people - you can understand what I am saying. This is another good thing about America versus other places - they are so receptive of new people with good attitudes!! lol

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Americans around me have been more Masoudized than I have been Americanized!! I am sure of all people - you can understand what I am saying. This is another good thing about America versus other places - they are so receptive of new people with good attitudes!! lol
That doesnt explain anything Mass. Being overly receptive is not a good thing as you try to portait. Being receptive is good when you are a knowledgable person with substance. When people are dumb and superficial and dont have anything to offer themselves, its not a good thing to be receptive. Chon oonvaght mishi abzaare kaar. Eyne gaav o goosfand. This actually is the reason why in america -and also in europe- a dumb mass is eating everything the system is feeding them with.

As said, i wish you luck with Leake but i for my one wouldnt run him out against this Brewers lineup.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Well how is the pointing system in your league? Did you get enough out of Leakes performance. He had a quality start but he still lost the game vs. the Brewers.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Had a good night - got 13.5 from leak and 24.5 from Bucholz......the other guy had Price who did not do too well.
Today is the day.......he has Cueto, Teheran, Wacha, Tanaka and Richards going!! I need at least 2 of them to fall otherwise I am in trouble.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Out of that list, i need Wacha and Teheran to do good because i have them too. I have liriano aswell but i will bench him based on his poor track record against several Blue Jays hitters. However the point system in your league is favourable. A bad outing doesnt ruin your who peripherals, you just get fewer points. In my league we really have to be carefull who we run out on daily basis because one bad blown save (like my santos last night) often kills your whole pitching cathegory for the whole week. That forces you to face an uphill battle for the whole week and hope for your opponent to have a bad pitcher aswell to even things up. My H2H league is not based on points. We have 8 pitching cathegories like saves, holds, win, lost, quality start...and 8 hitting cathegories like average, on base percentage, stolen bases....at the end of the week you simply have to win more cathegories than your opponent. right now i am leading my opponent 9-6. I lead in 9 cathegories and he is leading in 6 cathegories. A bad pitcher ruins a lot of cathegories like ERA, WHIP, Win und Lose ....

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
a Wacha won and Teheran lost and I got killed! 4-1 now....unless I make a miracle come back.......good thing is Sabathia got shelled again.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Its ridiculous...my closers are fucking me up..until today i was leading my opponent 10-5 and now its 8-8 because Axford blew up the save and me a disgusting line of 40 ERA, 9 WHIP, blown save and and a lost!!! two days ago that fucked up Sergio Santos gave me an even worse line...i hate these closers, either you own likes of Kimbrel or you have to be prepared to get fucked by them every once in a while.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I am happy with Street and Rosenthal.
BTW - I still have a chance - only if Lynn/St Louis do great, Rosenthal gets a save and Adams, St. Louis clean-up hitter hits well.
I need 38 points......the other guy has nothing left going into Sunday night game - St. Louis vs. Cubs

BTW - I don't agree with you about receptive and non-receptive audience.......in fact nothing is about the audience......I can sy this to you but not many others.....people live for, love and need audience.....

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Injuries are hitting me hard...its ridiculous, Davis, Bruce, Sanchez, Zimmemann, Cobb, Rosario they are all on DL. I am second and i really ask myself how i could manage to stay there because all these players are top notch players. Its impossible to replace their production with waiver wire material...

Last edited by a moderator:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Drop Bruce, Zimmerman (wash 3b right?), Cobb and Rozario..... Bruce is batting what 200? Cobb was OK last year....but god knows how he will be this year if he ever comes back.......Rosario.....he is good but there are plenty of good catchers....look into Salvador Perez or Flower with chesx.