My take on spain so far....

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Germany have easily been the most entertaining team in this tournament, and given that Ghana -the other team in their group- almost made it to the semifinal, I think it is fair to say their group may have been better than looked. Spain haven't met my own expectations. Their passing and ball possession is great, but the they have problems upfront. Even Villa -despite being the tournament's top scorer - could do better. The knowck on Spain has always been that they fail at crucial stages because they lack that killer instinct. So far, as good as they are on paper, they haven't shown me that killer instinct to make me think it will be different this time. Maybe they will find it in this game. Germany on the other hand have always had that killer instinct. Spain just have to make sure that Germany does not score first; otherwise, they are finished.

On a side note, Spain have missed two out of two penalties. As good as Iker is, Spain will not want the game to go to penalties. The German keeper is no so bad himself, and when it comes to nerves, you can be sure it won't be the Germans losing it.

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I wonder now that we know messi is the most overrated player of all time, can we also agree that this spain team is the most overrated team of all time?
Messi the "most overrated player of all time"…really? WOW …just WOW…anyway that’s your opinion.

So far you have made at least half a dozen statements about certain players and teams in this world cup and ALL of them have turned out to be wrong. Of course you have an explanation for every single one of these claims/statements that went wrong.

I mean…forget soccer…forget sports… a..re you always like this? have you ever admitted that you were wrong about something?

i dont know man...i ten to read your posts and want to agree with you on some points but your stubbornness makes your arguments less convincing in the long run.

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007
Messi the "most overrated player of all time"…really? WOW …just WOW…anyway that’s your opinion.

So far you have made at least half a dozen statements about certain players and teams in this world cup and ALL of them have turned out to be wrong. Of course you have an explanation for every single one of these claims/statements that went wrong.
you're mixing me up with someone else, everything I have said so far has been accurate. I said spain and messi were overrated and shit, they showed they are (one of them still in competition hopefully for not much longer), how much bigger of a prediction do you want considering everyone jumps on their bandwagons like monkeys?

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
right!
and once Germany thrashes Spain, the Dutch (assuming they reach the final) would say "well...dont forget Germany beat a clueless Argentina, a hopeless English, and a pathetic Spain. This is another level my friend"
;)

It just never ends...

This Germany is the greatest team of all time...beating England, Argentina, Spain, Holland in one tournoment!

God it feels good to be German

:party-smi
You are not Iranian by any chance, are you? :confused:

magic

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2006
I think this is the game that Toress will shine and score, but he needs to get some quality ball(pass) first.

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
For all the love I have for Llorente, both German defenders have it rather easy against taller players, while a mobile player going directly against them could give them a hard time. This might be Torres game.
I hope so. I would love to see Torres break out of his slump and score against Germany like he did in Euro.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
right!
and once Germany thrashes Spain, the Dutch (assuming they reach the final) would say "well...dont forget Germany beat a clueless Argentina, a hopeless English...
HOG jan I don't know how hopless England would be if Luck wasn't 1/2 meter up in germanys Ars, when ref disalowed a beauty by Lampard?

by 2-2 england would NEVER go 10 men in front attacking like nutts just to recive 2 contra goals (reminder of Völlers goal againt france in Semi 86)

and a pathetic Spain. This is another level my friend";)
Mitoonam beporsam kojaye Spain pathetic boodeh? Even at there lost vs Shitty lucky Swiss they played like world champions. And what level do you talking about? Level of professional football? Arh you mean club football?
Ok lets see the players of each squad:
Spain: FCB, Real Madrid, Villareal, Liverpool, Valencia, Sevilla etc.
Germany: Bayern, Werder, dynamo Scheiße etc.

This Germany is the greatest team of all time...beating England, Argentina, Spain, Holland in one tournoment!

God it feels good to be German

:party-smi
I agree that its a great cultural german team. They have managed to use both 1st and 2th generation forigners in the team. (Turk, polish, tunesian, brazilian, Ghana etc) Hats of for that. I wish they did the same here in DK, unfortunetly we are 20 years behind Germany, what integration concerns :(

What beating Spain & Holland concerns, Lets see my friend.
Btw. Good you feel German, but for me HOG jan , you will always be an Iranian hamvatan :cheers:

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
well to be fair to Germany Brando jan, they dominated when it was 0-0 as well, likewise when it was 1-0. Also, it was England's mistake to go all out attack when they just needed 1 goal and 45 minutes to do it. No team would do that. I think it's way too short-sighted to say England would've won if the 2-2 had counted.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
well to be fair to Germany Brando jan, they dominated when it was 0-0 as well, likewise when it was 1-0. Also, it was England's mistake to go all out attack when they just needed 1 goal and 45 minutes to do it. No team would do that. I think it's way too short-sighted to say England would've won if the 2-2 had counted.
I never said england would have won the game, but you must admit being behind 0-2 and fight back to 2-2 for england would had demoralized Germany.
And yes your right. It was mindless to attack with 10 men.

Feb 22, 2005
Both England and Argentina started throwing everyone forward. Argentina was 1-0 behind when they changed a defender for a striker. Germany is fast and efficient on the counter attacks.

Lets hope Spain does not fall behind. Ramos is one of the best in the world right now, but he does go way forward most times and does not get back in time. That is one concern. Another is Pouya which cant keep up with the players sometimes.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
I never said england would have won the game, but you must admit being behind 0-2 and fight back to 2-2 for england would had demoralized Germany.
And yes your right. It was mindless to attack with 10 men.
Umm...Germany and demoralized don't go in the same sentence. That is what sets them apart from everybody else in the world. They pretty much play the same whether they are up 2-0 or down 2-0. I have no doubt that if the 2-2 stood, Germany would still score one or two more goals.

Aug 26, 2005
Umm...Germany and demoralized don't go in the same sentence. That is what sets them apart from everybody else in the world. They pretty much play the same whether they are up 2-0 or down 2-0. I have no doubt that if the 2-2 stood, Germany would still score one or two more goals.
But the English are different. They are an emotional bunch and once they get into their own stride and believe... they'll play at another level.

I'm cheering for Germany but I have little doubt at 2-2 the game would have been totally different.