My take on spain so far....

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Spain, again by far the most dominant side but they never turn dominance into goals! Heck, even the Dutch with their absolutely boring style have scored almost double the goals spain has.

In 20 years time no one will remember how beautifully the Spain team played or what borefests the Dutch served up, because the scoreboards will only show that Spain, with all their might and talent managed to score 7 goals in 6 games on route to the final!

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
I kept saying people were over estimating Germany. Both England and Argentina had shitty defense and keepers. Spain didn't have that problem with Pique-Puyol and Sergio and Alonso. They totally shut down Germany! It was beautiful to watch.

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
I kept saying people were over estimating Germany. Both England and Argentina had shitty defense and keepers. Spain didn't have that problem with Pique-Puyol and Sergio and Alonso. They totally shut down Germany! It was beautiful to watch.
Good points..

For me Brazil and then Spain were the most complete teams of the tournament

Germany, although good, managed to expose both England and Argentina's Achilles heal. When they came up a good side, they failed as quite frankly the attacking quality was not there. I do not rate klose and Podolski anywhere near world class.

Whatever happened to Brazil in the second half v Holland. They should have finished them off by half time and been in the final. I think they were the strongest team and if the whole WC was to be cancelled and started again tomorrow I would put my money on them winning it.

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Good points..

For me Brazil and then Spain were the most complete teams of the tournament

Germany, although good, managed to expose both England and Argentina's Achilles heal. When they came up a good side, they failed as quite frankly the attacking quality was not there. I do not rate klose and Podolski anywhere near world class.

Whatever happened to Brazil in the second half v Holland. They should have finished them off by half time and been in the final. I think they were the strongest team and if the whole WC was to be cancelled and started again tomorrow I would put my money on them winning it.
Brazil self destructed with the idiotic red card. I believe they could have comeback if it was 11 on 11.

Nov 29, 2002
Just received a private message from InDaMoneyz!!!

"yo strangemoosh, you were right about spain. They shut out germany like the best chelsea can produce. Their defensive passing and grinding made me spurt reams of liquid silk"

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
The big mistake Germany did was to play in white.

When facing a team wearing white, El Gran Capità has no mercy and kills the opponent, no matter what.

Visca Puyol!!!

Feb 22, 2005
Germany scored 3 goals on Argentina, when Maradona removed a defender and brought an extra striker. Prior to that Argentina was doing well and attacking after attack. That was a bad move, but one has to respect that he took the risk and went for it.

shayanm

Bench Warmer
Nov 1, 2006
God have mercy on the Dutch :D

Spain is so damn strong, it takes some skills to make a gifted and impressive side like Germany look like crap.
All Hail Puyol with that bullet header.
Its about damn time Spain win a WC :)

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
But the English are different. They are an emotional bunch and once they get into their own stride and believe... they'll play at another level.

I'm cheering for Germany but I have little doubt at 2-2 the game would have been totally different.
Right on spot Kaz jan ;)

Marlon dooset darim. Kojaa bidi aziz?
4kere p.i jan. very simple answer: WORK!!! :(