Norooz 2565 Khojasteh Baad!

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
keyvan_pars said:
Liberator jaan.

noroozet pirooz. you and your loved ones.

keep those posts coming. They are enjoyed and appreciated immensely.

It makes up a little for the time i have been away from the motherland.
Keyvan-jaan,

NOROOZE SHOMAHAM FARKHONDEH BASHE!

Oct 1, 2004
Pouya said:
That is absolutely correct Ostad jaan and I remember for 2 or 3 years ago a local Iranian channel had a Iranian historian on their show @ Norouz and he explained this and said that it had been 7 SH instead of S before the invasion. And one of the things he mentioned was that there was wine on the table but after the arabic invation and the banning of alcohol they changed the wine to serke cause they were brewed the same way and stuff like that.

I wish I had my equipment back then so that I could have recorded it. And to me it sounds very likely that it was so.

Norouzet khojaste baad!
It's not true, it has always been haft seen. Also Sharab (wine, alcoholic beverages in general) is a Arabic word anyway, so why would the be using it before Islam on their haft-seen?

Dec 12, 2002
usa
Liberator ,happy nurooz to you too . but please ,when you use the word of nu-rooz ,or nowrooz ,or even newrooz which all mean a new day , however please .please refrian from no rooz , in other words . use a possitive word instead of a negative ,the word of no -in the begining would give a negative meaning to that . we have discussed that for so many times . just a reminder . btw this is not a spelling check or whatever ,because we usually don't do that on this site . just for introducing our culture to the rest of the world in a possitive way . .regards .

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
payan said:
Liberator ,happy nurooz to you too . but please ,when you use the word of nu-rooz ,or nowrooz ,or even newrooz which all mean a new day , however please .please refrian from no rooz , in other words . use a possitive word instead of a negative ,the word of no -in the begining would give a negative meaning to that . we have discussed that for so many times . just a reminder . btw this is not a spelling check or whatever ,because we usually don't do that on this site . just for introducing our culture to the rest of the world in a possitive way . .regards .

Dear Payan,

Yes I've read one discussion on this recently. I just thought that "Norooz" is the closest correct pronounciation a non-Iranian can come to... I've heard some english speaking native pronounce Nowrooz as NOW (as in right now!) ROOZ which doesn't sound very correct..."norooz" is the easiest way for them to say it. About the negative meaning of "no" I don't think many foreigners actually think of that but i'm not sure, if it's found that they associate it to some negative then I could compromise for "nowrooz" for them lol, there's a "no" in "nowrooz" as well??...... anyhow

HAPPY NOWROOZ!

Dec 12, 2002
usa
Dear sir ,believe me i didn't mean to be smart off with you , as you mentioned ,the prefect pronoucition is, no rooz ,but when you read and write that, giving all around prespective to that word,no -rooz is a negative word , ,in my long time living in state i have met so many good people , one of the best lesson i have learned from this very educated american man ,he told me, one has to be possitive in order to get ahead in life ,he stated,as much as you can try, to stay away from the words .like NO ,don't etc , we people from ME might not notice these stuffs ,but in their culture there are big differences for possitive atittude and negative atittude .however that was a ood leeson which i alway remember .regards .

Fatso said:
It's not true, it has always been haft seen. Also Sharab (wine, alcoholic beverages in general) is a Arabic word anyway, so why would the be using it before Islam on their haft-seen?
This was not my words rather an Iranian Historian on TV who said this. You want to argue about it call Hamsafar TV and see who the guy was.

I still do believe in the fact that something like this could have happend. But hey that's just me. I won't shut the probability of it out. :cheers:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I am all in favour of using 2565 officially in Iran (although that is an approximate number). I prefer it to 1385 simply because I believe we should be first Iranians, then moslems or Shias.

This does not mean we should eradicate religious references in Iran. That will offend many Iranians and take away their rights. I think the best solution would be for all calendars and media to use both equally. Then it will be upto the people to decide which one will prevail.

I remember some years ago I has a similar discussion here with some friends of mine who are from Greece and Italy. I was telling the Greek they should implement a year based on their own glorious ancient history, perhaps based on the year that Perikles established the Athenian power. The Italians could equally use a year based on some significant event in Roman history. But they both use the religious year of 2006.

So I suppose we are not the only ones using a religious year.

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
I actually am old enough to have been at Koroush Kabeer's inauguration and it is actually 2569... lol... trust me on that...and by the way apparently in Iran they asked the people to delay Now Rooz by a day to first "aza" for ARbaeen... I am sure that will make the people celebrate No Rooz, ON ITS PROPER DAY, and STRONGER!!! maybe everyone will add "Shepesh" as extra "Seen" to haft seen, to "honor" Arbaeen!!!

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Norooz Hame Dostan Mobarak
omidvaram har ja ke hastid, deli khoshhal va labi akandeh az labkhand dashteh bashid.
Best wishes for you and your famlies.

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
shahinc said:
Norooz Hame Dostan Mobarak
omidvaram har ja ke hastid, deli khoshhal va labi akandeh az labkhand dashteh bashid.
Best wishes for you and your famlies.
Shahinc-jaan,

Noroozat Pirooz Baad!
Be Omide Azadi-e Mihanemoon az Daste Ahreemanan!

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
Behrooz_C said:
I am all in favour of using 2565 officially in Iran (although that is an approximate number). I prefer it to 1385 simply because I believe we should be first Iranians, then moslems or Shias.

This does not mean we should eradicate religious references in Iran. That will offend many Iranians and take away their rights. I think the best solution would be for all calendars and media to use both equally. Then it will be upto the people to decide which one will prevail.

I remember some years ago I has a similar discussion here with some friends of mine who are from Greece and Italy. I was telling the Greek they should implement a year based on their own glorious ancient history, perhaps based on the year that Perikles established the Athenian power. The Italians could equally use a year based on some significant event in Roman history. But they both use the religious year of 2006.

So I suppose we are not the only ones using a religious year.

In a free Iran the battle against arab culture (Islam) won't be won through the tip of the sword (the way it was imposed) but it will be through EDUCATION. As long as I know that my countrymen have been told the TRUTH I will then be able the accept their decisions, even if I don't agree with what they might chose. I am pretty confident though that with a proper education system Islam's stronghold on Iranian minds will diminish and hopefully become insignificant in the future.

Anyhow...

HAPPY NEW IRANIAN YEAR - 2565!