Picking a Movie for tonight

Nov 29, 2002
Guys don't call me strangedouche, but i was kinda expecting the ending. I'm not ejaculating over that part.

Also can anyone explain to me how the ending was much different from the end line in eXistenZ ""Wait a minute...tell me the truth! Are we still in the game?"

In fact I still think from a concept perspective eXistenZ has influenced inception quite a bit (although eXistenZ itself is influenced by Videodrome)

Anywaym, for me the entire package including music, cinematography made Inception great.

Jun 26, 2007
So much debate going on regarding this movie...it was a great movie no doubt...
but you wanna debate...
you go watch Mulholland Drive! now thats a mind fuck!

vaghti film tamoom shod...nesfe sellool haye maghzam khodkoshi kardan..nesfe digash dast be etesaab zadan!
what a movie...

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
So much debate going on regarding this movie...it was a great movie no doubt...
but you wanna debate...
you go watch Mulholland Drive! now thats a mind fuck!

vaghti film tamoom shod...nesfe sellool haye maghzam khodkoshi kardan..nesfe digash dast be etesaab zadan!
what a movie...
Mullholland Drive was def a mind fuck, but thats all it was. At least Inception had a good amount of forplay

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
hmmmmm just watched it, all i can say is it was OK, 7/10 , for example from recent stuff i would say "seven Pounds" gets 9.5/10.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
hahahhahaah
i can't stop laughing..

you must be the only person on the planet who rates a movie like 7 lbs over Inception.

I guess understanding the plot of the movie would help. Farsi subtitles might have helped u.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inception/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/seven_pounds/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814314/

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Really? i watched it with 3 of my other friends and they all didnt like it as much. there is a version with Farsi subtitle? is that what you watched nice nice ...

I understand the plot completely, it just didnt click for me, i dont get it why people assume EVERYONE has the same taste????

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
hmmmmm just watched it, all i can say is it was OK, 7/10 , for example from recent stuff i would say "seven Pounds" gets 9.5/10.
Pooya,
I give your review of inception
1/10. You couldnt be further from the truth. I pretty much cut your score to the lowest possible when you gave Seven pounds 9.5/10

However I have yet to see inception.
---------------

7lbs a good movie?
Id never watch crap like that. a good indication of a bad movie is Oscar Nominations,
like Gran Turino, or Old Country for Gay Men
People in charge of the Oscars have there own seperate stuck up taste in movies (these r the ppl who enjoy reading shakespeare). Do I look like a guy who gives a damn about shakespeare?

Oscar does not apply to the majority of america. Neithier does MTV Movie awards where Twlight killed it.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Mullholland Drive was def a mind fuck, but thats all it was. At least Inception had a good amount of forplay

Mullholland drive has a definit plot, its not chaotic... it's absolutley beautiful when you realize the plot and find out why things happened the way they did... one of my favorite films of all time.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Thats my point. By including the same shot of the kids, wearing the same clothes, there is a lot LESS room for interpretation...
If you pay attention to the credits at the end, there are 2 set of actors as Cobb's children.. one set were 3 years old and the other 5.. so the children you see at the end are different than then ones you see thoughout the film...

But the ending is a reminder to all of us that reality is relative, and we can never be sure of it.... when he walks into his home in LA he feels like hes in a dream, he spins the top to prove to himself this is not a dream, but right when he sees his children, he leaves the spinning top to itself, showing us that he doesn't care anymore if its a dream or not... that's because he is now with his children. he even said "dreams are real as long as they last" so even if he is dream, that is HIS reality and its real as long as it lasts.. just like the "waking life" is our reality....

I think its useless to argue and take sides whether he is in a dream or not, cuz thats not the point.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
I used to think the end was reality for several reasons like hes not wearing a ring and all in all would be a better ending.

My only annoyance is that the kids are wearing the exact same clothes as in his dreams. Either this was sloppy on the directors part, or its a dream...

Also there is one very large plot hole. A "kick" brings you up from the level below. A kick wont work if you are not in the level below, but rather 2 levels below, as you would need two kicks to be brought up to that level. This explains that when the van goes off the bridge the team isnt kicked to level one, as they are still in level three since arthur could not set up the kick in time. The plot hole is, ARTHUR IS IN LEVEL TWO!! He shouldve been kicked up to level one alone... But I dont expect every plot hole to be accounted for in a movie like this. The plot holes in every other science fiction film are ten fold this one... Just food for thought :)

There's no plot hole... they were all in level two.. Arthur just happens to be conscious in level 2 because it's his OWN dream... What happens to him happens to everyone else. They missed the kick, thats why they ended up in level 1 dream until the chemical wore off and they woke up in the plane.

This might help: