Rest in peace Gerd Muller

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I saw the news i wanted to post being the Bayern fan, you beat me to it. by the time I was born in 1982 I think Gred Muller retired I watched all of his old Bayern Munich clips. Let me ask you a hypothetical. you are creating your dream team and you can pick one German striker do you pock Beckenbauer, Muller or Klinsmanm? I say Muller RIP legend i’ll post the article on FC Bayern FB about him. heroes are forgotten but legends never die.
This is on Die Mannschaft's page they liked it
The DFB is mourning the passing of one of the greatest German footballers of all time. Rest in peace, DER BOMBER Gerd Müller.

Our thoughts are with his wife and family at this time. I borrowed the picture but these are my words I think I can say a few things about my countryman, RIP Der Bomber forever #1 in our hearts.
gred.jpg

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I called the DFB and they put me in touch with der Kaiser Franz Beckenbauer. He was very emotional as him and Mueller had been teammates for a long time and won a World Cup and European Cup together. I told him to hang in there and that as a fellow German I was here if he needed me. He thanked me profusely and said he wiill be in touch.
Whoever you talked to you was having you on as I have been at Kaiser's house all day and he has had his phone switched off and he is not taking any calls...he is too lost for words.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I Never said i contacted DFB i said posted on their rb wall. I am just sad a legend is gone today i will keep it short from now on to to a legend and i will be myself Iranian American who is saddened ny the loss of one of his all time favorites let’s be topical it is about Muller, respect. . Talk to yoh guys in a few days. Nobody will best his record at Bayern not even Lewandowski. #9 has a few more users to go, assuming he retires at Bayern to catch Der Bomber. I would pick him over Beckenbauer or Klinsmann , if i could pick only one German.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
So then he probably retired by the time I was born in 1982 or was playing at Bayern, in his last few season. If you had to pick one German player, any player from any era, to form your dream team starting xi, who would it be? For me, that answer would be Gred Muller Ruie in Freiden Der Bomber. BTW not claiming any German Azeri Irooni just giving respect to a legend.
I don't know if someone posted it but Bayern's touching article, not me. ESPN + ran it and there is a touching video tribute to our fallen hero. Gone but not forgotten, legends never die. God just got the best striker in the world on his all football team he can have conversations with Lev Yassion and bounce ideas.
https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=4454713

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
RIP. First stars to ever watch were Gerd Muller and Sepp Maier and Beckenbauer. Probably why fans in my age group mostly have a soft spot for Bayern.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thank you for that history; now i know why Iranians your age, hage a soft spot for Bayern. I just grew up and would go to a bunch of games not German, loved Muller and the old clups. If theere were no Doe Ddr Sparwaesaer would have been mwntiomed, with them. , your most goals scored record, is safe at Bayern Ich spreken mein hertz zu zammen nicht google traslate. Gott Mit uns gutt mit Muller.
Auf ghet's Muller sheBist ein tor, in himmel Muller familien Rhue in freiden der Bomber, mein freund, dankeschon Mia San Mia und ProBt.
Video tribute below
Gred Muller FC Bayern.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I saw him and Kaiser in Amjadieh against Pas !
It finished one all and the only thing I remember from the game is Muller did one of his famous turns from the edge of the box and instant shot to the corner of the goal but his effort was finely saved by Kayvan Neeknafs RIP and then Muller rushed to the box and pat him on the back in admiration .

We were sitting right under the scoreboard where the Arminian section was near Taj corner and behind the goal .

God bless them both. 🙏

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Um ok my bad dude I thought you said it was against Rag ala Eateghlal so it was agaimst Pas, so what was the final score? I happened to be in Iran for Abedzadeh’s fairwell game, Perspolos played really well they only lost 2-1 to Bayern and Oliver Khan was in the back of the net. I saw two games at Azadi 1 Perspolis vs Bayern amd 2 Esteghlal v Al Itihad ACL 2001, when Javad
Nekounam scores and said,” Reed be Bahrain o Arabistan e saud,” brilliant
Relax man I messed up the teams no need to call for a firing squad.
btw Alzheimers that one is the brutal one I have seen it take the lives of family.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Um ok my bad dude I thought you said it was against Rag ala Eateghlal so it was agaimst Pas, so what was the final score? I happened to be in Iran for Abedzadeh’s fairwell game, Perspolos played really well they only lost 2-1 to Bayern and Oliver Khan was in the back of the net. I saw two games at Azadi 1 Perspolis vs Bayern amd 2 Esteghlal v Al Itihad ACL 2001, when Javad
Nekounam scores and said,” Reed be Bahrain o Arabistan e saud,” brilliant
Relax man I messed up the teams no need to call for a firing squad.
btw Alzheimers that one is the brutal one I have seen it take the lives of family.
Bayern trip to Iran 1972
Iran 6 Bayern 3
Pas 1 Bayern 1