Riots in London

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
feyenord jan, I was referring to the liberals in this country! Not meant you or anyone else here, sorry.

But in general I agree with you. The reasons behind this is multi-faceted. Not that going around looting and setting fire to people's livelihood is going to solve anything.

I have my own theory as to why this has erupted now. In short it has partly to do with so many years of handing people free money. FREE MONEY. for years under Labour people lived on handouts thinking everything is hunky dorey, until the money ran out and the new government introduced austerity measures. There is no more free money, jobs are cut while living costs are rising.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I hope i am not going to be labeled as leftist bastard lol. However, I am going to say what is on my mind.
Due to having lived and worked closely with youth from communities like the rioting-ones, out of experience and observation combined with the area of study, I can tell you that there are deeper issues involved here. One cannot merely blame their actions to a "lack of a father figure".

To sum up, there are several reasons (just to name a few briefly).

1. Neo-liberalism's impact on social structure, and the break up of societies/communities into individuals for the purpose of more economic consumption.

2. Historically disadvantaged individuals/communities seduced by the slogans of neo-liberalism stemming from reality tv shows to gangstar rap bullshit (which btw has quite an impact on individuals; believe me, i am saying this out of personal experience), and all other stuff that renders people to greed.

3. Lack of inspiration to aspire for something - due to peer pressure, environment and "lack of father figure" (maybe). When you are in a bad environment (neighborhood), the worse thing is the mentality that you adapt.

4. Also, one must not forget the anger that is embedded in youth whom come from poor background with dysfunctional families. A lot of times people want to belong or have a family. That is why they join gangs. This is due to the historical disadvantages of poor and uneducated families that are more prone to be attracted to bad cultures and as a result (whatever that is) being dysfunctional.

Anyway, point is that you cannot say that this is the result of lack of father figure. There is more to it, as i have experienced it first hand.
That my friend, specially your #1 point will be reason for America's demise, Canada's everlasting confusion and humanity's slowed down evolution.

It's amazing how this very fact goes over the majority's head day-in day-out as they struggle to survive the rat-race.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Amoo bey - FAN TAS TIC
and just imagine - England and BBC helped and orchestrated our rioters!!!!

Motori Jaan
I beg to differ with your take on this one......now that the riots have spread to aother areas it only points out to an organization!!
The real question for me is who is Kerming the master Kerm!!

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
masoud jan, not everything is a conspiracy. Please, you need to free yourself from this sort of antiquated thinking. You assume that every riot, every little incident, is the result of some big power's hidden agenda. It doesn't have to be this way and in my view many similar incidents aren't.

I have also heard Iranians talk about the BBC and the way they orchestrated the 79 revolution in Iran. How exactly did they do that? By broadcasting the demonstration dates and routes? I mean come on, is this all you have got?

It's this kind of daei jan napoleon mentality that has added to our continued misery and will continue to do so as long as people believe and perpetuate it.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Behrouz jaan -
It takes quiet a talent to run an empire which extends from far east to far west from a little tiny island - ala Great Britain did. My hats off to them....for centuries they did just great - they are still doing better than expected.

But here is what I think is going on now....
Unlike what the Brits think - Masjeds are hardly a place of worship......They are community centers to organize Moslems......How many Masjeds are there in London? how many in England?
No doubt the initial killing of the youth a couple of days ago was an accident....but the ensuing riots are organized and no accident. Sooner or later khooneh kermaki kerm mizareh!!

BTW Behrouz jaan - from some of the footage I have seen - apparantly British government has let loose some of it's own version of hooded Lebas Shakhsis!! to deal with rioters - IR style!! can you verify that?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Motori Jaan
I beg to differ with your take on this one......now that the riots have spread to aother areas it only points out to an organization!!
The real question for me is who is Kerming the master Kerm!!
London is not safe for Olympics, may be?

I still don't believe these hoodlums have any political agenda, they are just bunch of baggy pants who think the society owes them a living and if they don't get it (without doing any thing to earn it) then they will go out in the open and loot properties of the other working class.

Also I don't believe there is any organization behind this, it is spreading out to other cities and towns because of easy access to social media. They are just having a ball making other poor responsible citizens lives (in their own neighborhood) miserable.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Motori jaan - I think you missed this part of my last post:
"...........here is what I think is going on now....
Unlike what the Brits think - Masjeds are hardly a place of worship......They are community centers to organize Moslems......How many Masjeds are there in London? how many in England?
No doubt the initial killing of the youth a couple of days ago was an accident....but the ensuing riots are organized and no accident......"

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I think the break-up of the families are more the result of irresponsibility, cultural disintegration, and an overall contempt for tradition than economic issues. There are many ethnic groups that live in both the UK and US that have preserved their traditional family structures thanks to their strong cultural roots.

As for these animals, the problem is a mixture of dysfunctional upbringing, a ghetto culture that glorifies savage violence, and constant propaganda that has these idiots convinced that regardless of their own efforts and aptitude, society owes them; that their own self-destructive attitudes toward education and life-planning have nothing to do with their lot in life and when they end up uneducated and unemployed, it’s only because society has committed some great injustice against them. So naturally they “protest” against this in the most rational way possible by looting privately-owned businesses and robbing innocent bystanders. It’s not like they’re opportunistic scum or anything like that – they’re just protesting against injustice and other bad stuff.

I will say that I loved hearing the Asian and Turkish groups have united and chased off these savages. With the white populations in Western countries either brainwashed by the pc cult or bullied into silence, the role of the immigrant minorities in confronting this nonsense becomes more and more paramount. Of course it’s all because “the system” loves these particular minorities, especially the brown Muslim ones. It’s just those thugs that the system hates and is determined to hold back. Poor fellas just can’t get a break.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Motori jaan - I think you missed this part of my last post:
"...........here is what I think is going on now....
No doubt the initial killing of the youth a couple of days ago was an accident....but the ensuing riots are organized and no accident......"
Well Masoud jAn,
If there is an organization behind these riots then it must be the dumbest in the world. With all those CC cameras in public streets, CCTV in stores and warehouses being looted with other information gathering equipment being used by authorities many of these hooligans will be identified, arrested and interrogated later. Imagine if British authorities link these destruction and lawlessness to any of those Mosques or any other organization?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I think the break-up of the families are the result of irresponsibility, cultural disintegration, and an overall contempt for tradition than economic issues. There are many ethnic groups that live in both the UK and US that have preserved their traditional family structures thanks to their strong cultural roots.

As for these animals, the problem is a mixture of dysfunctional upbringing, a ghetto culture that glorifies savage violence, and constant propaganda that has these idiots convinced that regardless of their own efforts and aptitude, society owes them; that their own self-destructive attitudes toward education and life-planning have nothing to do with their lot in life and when they end up uneducated and unemployed, it’s only because society has committed some great injustice against them. So naturally they “protest” against this in the most rational way possible by looting privately-owned businesses and robbing innocent bystanders. It’s not like they’re opportunistic scum or anything like that – they’re just protesting against injustice and other bad stuff.

I will say that I loved hearing the Asian and Turkish groups have united and chased off these savages. With the white populations in Western countries either brainwashed by the pc cult or bullied into silence, the role of the immigrant minorities in confronting this nonsense becomes more and more paramount. Of course it’s all because “the system” loves these particular minorities, especially the brown Muslim ones. It’s just those thugs that the system hates and is determined to hold back. Poor fellas just can’t get a break.
Well, it's not only immigrants rioting. Most of the guys are pretty white English guys. The ones most hurt are actually all the small shop owners in those areas being immigrants. So sorry to say, this theory of yours doesn't really fit.

and while I have little sympathy for the riots, this has also little to do with any kind of ghetto culture. After all, we're talking about England. if one country in the world has a history for mindless riots and rioting, it's England.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Well, it's not only immigrants rioting. Most of the guys are pretty white English guys. The ones most hurt are actually all the small shop owners in those areas being immigrants. So sorry to say, this theory of yours doesn't really fit.
This only tells me you have not understood my argument. I didn't say it's only immigrants that are rioting (though most of them are NOT white) and I'm well aware a lot of the victims are from those groups--that's why I applauded the Asians and Turks for uniting to protect their businesses.

The idiots I'm referring to are segments of the underclass, regardless of race, who are products of dysfunctional homes and are socially conditioned by political propaganda and a subculture that romanticizes senseless violence. Whether we call it "ghetto", "gangsta" or whatever other term, this destructive subculture is a major element in both the American and English underclass, and it absolutely plays a part in what you're seeing here and in the flash mobs that have been happening with increasing regularity in the states. Social networking sites just make it more convenient for these lowlifes to gather in groups than before.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
This only tells me you have not understood my argument. I didn't say it's only immigrants that are rioting (though most of them are NOT white) and I'm well aware a lot of the victims are from those groups--that's why I applauded the Asians and Turks for uniting to protect their businesses.

The idiots I'm referring to are segments of the underclass, regardless of race, who are products of dysfunctional homes and are socially conditioned by political propaganda and a subculture that romanticizes senseless violence. Whether we call it "ghetto", "gangsta" or whatever other term, this destructive subculture is a major element in both the American and English underclass, and it absolutely plays a part in what you're seeing here and in the flash mobs that have been happening with increasing regularity in the states. Social networking sites just make it more convenient for these lowlifes to gather in groups than before.
Again, as said, some of the areas where there were riots are areas of middle class families, probably with both parents. Now whatever, let's blame this one on the current culture just as before it was blamed on punk rock and before that on some other artist or romantisation of whatever. My point is that you're making it too easy for yourself. It's not the first time there are riots in a major European city and it won't probably be the last time. This whole blaming on circumstances, subcultures and whatnot is a huge simplification of issues. No one really knows why these guys are rioting and given some areas of riots, again, it doesn't seem too me that much of a social issue or of subcultures. I really don't know how any poor person can make it to Knightsbridge or Kensington to riot. The further point is that lots of these guys would have MANY reasons to riot for as the situation in England isn't the best, specially London were essentially even public transport is divided between for the rich and poor. Just last year there were riots on a smaller scale in the City between university students and police, but these guys had actually reasons to riot and were a bit more civilized. But this time, they don't even care about any reasons to riot but so far they just riot. Analyzing it, trying to explain it with influences and circumstances, seriously...that's boring.

Feb 22, 2005
whether we like it or not, we are going to see many more of protests across Western society. The unbalanced diff between the super rich and the rest, with middle class shrinking, and governments representing the big corps and the wealthy rather everyone in the country (what democracy is suppose to be) is producing a lot of unhappiness for the majority. High rents, housing prices for food, lack of unemployment, etc.. adds to the problem.

Of course there is the "have" and "have nots". Majority of the "have" would not understand and would blame it on the people. Blame should be on the society. Society is created, dictated, and controlled by the powerful.

I guarantee same thing will happen if the US economy continues to go down and US sliding down few places down in the world economy list.