Romney’s Major Achilles Heel : GOP

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Aren't these homes in affluent neighborhoods and owners paying taxes to rich school districts? How does that help poor kids through schools?
very very simple....poor kids will get school vouchers, take 1-2 hour trips to visit private schools or a school in a rich neighborhood and all is good. also, don't forget about all the charter schools. ;)

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
The 1% are all in Charlotte. There are more millionaires packed inside, get this, Bank of America Arena, than anywhere else in the country.
it's the carolina panthers football stadium. bank of america paid money to have their name on the stadium. unless you know of a stadium bearing Huey Newton or Josip Stalin's name in the US, people have no choice but to host couple thousand events in stadiums bearing names of corporate america.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
it's the carolina panthers football stadium. bank of america paid money to have their name on the stadium. unless you know of a stadium bearing Huey Newton or Josip Stalin's name in the US, people have no choice but to host couple thousand events in stadiums bearing names of corporate america.
Yes, Bank of America paid for it, and therein lies the hypocrisy of the party of "little people".

Oct 20, 2003
You and I can do that too except that he gets hit with AMT but we probably won't.
You are making the wrong assumption that the income of someone who can afford a $10 million abode is all ordinary income such as wages. I bet most of the income of the very rich (for example Mitt Romney) is made up of unearned income such as dividends and long-term capital gain which is subject to mere 15% tax.
The don't need no property tax deduction, do they?

Feb 22, 2005
At the end, overall, he deducts so much that ends up paying 13% in taxes whereas we will pay 40% in taxes.

Facts speaks for itself. All you have to do is look how the wealthy 1%'s wealth has multiplied several times since Reagan whereas middle class wealth has not and many of the middle-class has disappeared, while poor multiplying.

Super mansions, which at one point in time was considered overdoing it has multiplied and race in who can have bigger. While middle class salaries have remained the same with cost of living multiplying several times.

I understand that you think all the wealth should go to the top and hope for it to trickle down but fact is, it has not worked and country is suffering.

Republicans's massive attack on government and trying to make "government" sound a horrible thing, just like they did with making "liberal" a horrible word, is a way of a small powerful controlling the country.

A democracy is one that has a strong government that represents everyone in the country and not just a small 1%. Remember individual rights? Not group rights? A weak government will always be abused by a small group of powerful people just like Islamic republic of Iran and every dictatorship in the world that represents only small group of people.

A healthy country is one that has a big number of middle class. The bigger number of people that have spending power, the better for the economy of the country. As Ford said, he wanted everyone of employee one day to be ablet own one of his car. That is different that the mentality of today's republicans who think the wealthy (themselves) should own it. Short term for their pocket.

You and I can do that too except that he gets hit with AMT but we probably won't.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Don't u guys think U.S. needs to have a longer more like 6 and I'm for for 8 yrs as the 1st term..? cuz...the 1st term is pretty much a waste of American livelihood.. fortune..u got the honeymoon period..and the the learning curve...( especially nowadays these guys come in as green as good pot..lol) ...and then inevitably a period itself ..man or woman when they just ain't got it.....and then.....they gotta run for the 2nd term ....u can not have a 2 yr king/queen which essentially is the U.S. president ..arguably with even more powers.. It is NOT good for the country......and I'm sure u can always impeach the Grump on a Free lance- bj or all kinds of goodies...right?

so this brings us to the question of ..Is Obama that bad that gringos have to waste the 2 yr training...learning curve fuck ups ( meaning countries destroyed, people killed, businesses just fall out of favor..etc) ...plus if Mrs Clinton is going to retire..then its gotta be up & up in that area...I don't know....I've said my 5 bucks about his absolute disability in foreign affairs...some may argue...right there.. that is just enough to dump him....

I'd go with Rmoney if I knew he was not gonna be tasked with this ahole and that moron's agenda.....he's shown to be a fairly good executive boy...huh?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2005
You forgot one huge problem with Obama that the republicans have and want him destroyed and gone at any cost, even if it destroys the country. Everyone of them will tell you, the number 1 goal by far is to get rid of Obama. Why: He is Black and he wants taxes on wealthy to go back to what it was before Bush (why, because it did nothing to help the economy. They did not spend the money, put it in other emerging economies, and put it in offshoring).

Good executive: If you mean buying companies, even ones that do well, get rid of a percentage of people to bring down cost, and then turn around and sell it. Many of those companies could not continue to be successful with the reduced number of people to produce and companies went bust. At the end, regardless, Romney and few people made huge amount of wealth while many of the rest got f***d.

So, it all depends how you look at it. The strategy he applied to the companies will be simple as president. Get rid of the tax on the wealthy and F**k the rest. A president is suppose to represent the people of the country and not a small group of people. That is dictatorship. So, yeah, he is a good executive for making money for the people running the company but then unemployment can hit 20% and he would not give a Sh*t, as long a the executives, in this case, the 1% is getting richer.

So, it takes more than a executive (Romeny created much more unemployment at a cost of wealth to the few executives) to be a good president for the country and not few percentage in the country.

Don't u guys think U.S. needs to have a longer more like 6 and I'm for for 8 yrs as the 1st term..? cuz...the 1st term is pretty much a waste of American livelihood.. fortune..u got the honeymoon period..and the the learning curve...( especially nowadays these guys come in as green as good pot..lol) ...and then inevitably a period itself ..man or woman when they just ain't got it.....and then.....they gotta run for the 2nd term ....u can not have a 2 yr king/queen which essentially is the U.S. president ..arguably with even more powers.. It is NOT good for the country......and I'm sure u can always impeach the Grump on a Free lance- bj or all kinds of goodies...right?

so this brings us to the question of ..Is Obama that bad that gringos have to waste the 2 yr training...learning curve fuck ups ( meaning countries destroyed, people killed, businesses just fall out of favor..etc) ...plus if Mrs Clinton is going to retire..then its gotta be up & up in that area...I don't know....I've said my 5 bucks about his absolute disability in foreign affairs...some may argue...right there.. that is just enough to dump him....

I'd go with Rmoney if I knew he was not gonna be tasked with this ahole and that moron's agenda.....he's shown to be a fairly good executive boy...huh?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Yes, Bank of America paid for it, and therein lies the hypocrisy of the party of "little people".
???

The Democrats own the Carolina Panthers? I mean, they have a black quarterback, that's nothing Republicans like to see but still....

Feb 22, 2005
I wonder what our Republican friends can say to the Clinton speech tonight. Can republican come up with one policy beside tax cut for the wealthy?

‎"This will be the moment that probably re-elected Barack Obama."

"If you want a future of shared prosperity, where the middle class is growing and poverty is declining, where the American Dream is alive and well, and where the United States remains the leading force for peace and prosperity in a highly competitive world, you should vote for Barack Obama." --President Bill Clinton

‎"The numbers don't add up" --Bill Clinton on Romney's debt reduction plan

"If you want a future of shared prosperity, where the middle class is growing and poverty is declining, where the American Dream is alive and well, and where the United States remains the leading force for peace and prosperity in a highly competitive world, you should vote for Barack Obama." --President Bill Clinton

"President Obama started with a much weaker economy than I did. No President – not me or any of my predecessors could have fully repaired all the damage in just four years. But conditions are improving and if you'll renew the President's contract you will feel it."

"We simply cannot afford to give the reins of government to someone who will double down on trickle down." - Bill Clinton

Last edited:

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
well, speaking of black quarteback, well my first year coming to u.s ,then i visited some friends in north california, pretty much fresh and had some idea about america but not the menatlity of people whole alot.one nite inivted to a real nice gentleman house ,his wife,son,his brother .in dinner table we argued ,friendly .then we talked about here,there and things came to issue of racism ,stuff like that .they were living already a good 20 years before me in america .as my own way of thinking which i think all the human have same ability but different talants ,that good friend came up with this ..you can't see even black quarter back in all the football team. i was really shocking ,my knowledge of american football was much much less .so i started asking the questions in that regard ,that friend finally told me ..it is not about racism or trust it is about the leadership .so that me thinking it is because they don't want the leading position or the others don't believe they can't or they don't want that .
when i came back from that trip ,he was right though ,they have all the key positions except the quarterback position.
long after that nite and with creation of internet ,i brought it to debate here ,like so many things which it is question for me ,not because i don't know the answer but why even such of way of thinking exist .however after awhile we see the differences ,not only that they are actually good quarterback if they want to be .
or president if they want to be .so why we see the things black and white ?.maybe it is just way it is. itis the way human can correct them selve .

Last edited:

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Yep...Lordi jon..Bill Clinton can still deliver a magnificent speech...I remember the State of Union Speech right after Republicans tried to impeach him ..97..?..he really laid it out to them low lives...and Newt Gingrich being the one right of the bat...that was great...if the elections were held tomorrow..Obama would have gotten a big boost from him....

ye..and I'm not really familiar with the national politics in U.S. and the situation over all....it seems to me....Its going to be a polarized election..people will vote their emotional choice perhaps...reality is that there is no easy solution and just changing ( throwing away things) won't fix it...however though...Americans have over spent and need to go thru some sort of Austerity...and the argument that well..we are unemployed enough to have gone thru it...won't cut it, IMO....so it all depends who can do this with less pain while having the long term prosperity of the whole nation in mind...U.S. needs to be told by somebody that spending over 1 trillion dollar on military is bad for America and everybody else....u think there is a man out there that can say that..?...and still live..lol

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
btw- I've said it before..U.S., IMO, needs a Military man as a president...he/she could be the only hope to retrofit this huge military complex that is ruining our world.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
well, speaking of black quarteback, well my first year coming to us ,then i visited some friends in north calfornia, pretty much fresh and had some idea about america but not the menatlity of people .one nite invted in real nice gentleman,his wife,son,his brother .in dinner table we argued ,friendly .then we talked about here,there and things came to issue of racism ,stuff like that .they were living already a good 20 years before .as my own the way of thinking which i think all the human have same ability but different talant ,that good friend came up with this ..you can't see even black quarter back in all the football team, i was really shocked ,my knowledge of american football was much much less .so i started asking the questions in that regard ,that friend finally told me ..it is not about racism or trust it is about the leadership .so that me thinking it is because they don't want the leading position or the others don't believe they can't or they don't want that .
when i came back from that trip ,he was right though ,they have all the key positions except the quarterback position.
long after invetion of creation of internet ,i brought it to debate here ,like so many things which it is question for me ,not because i don't know the answer but why even such of way of thinking exist .however after while we see the differences ,not only that they are actually good quaretback if they want to be .
or president if they want to be .so why we see the things black and white .maybe it is just way it is. it human can correct them selve .
I guess it was part part...you had guys like Cunningham, Moon, and even McNabb and Steve McNair who were big players, but before that, guys like Tony Dungy were never really given the chance to play. Interestingly, you have more black head coaches with super bowls than quarterbacks and Doug Williams is the only black quarterback with a ring, while he wasn't close to Randall Cunningham or Warren Moon.

Oct 20, 2003
I guess it was part part...you had guys like Cunningham, Moon, and even McNabb and Steve McNair who were big players, but before that, guys like Tony Dungy were never really given the chance to play. Interestingly, you have more black head coaches with super bowls than quarterbacks and Doug Williams is the only black quarterback with a ring, while he wasn't close to Randall Cunningham or Warren Moon.
:pray:

I have lived here for over 30 years but do not know who these characters you named are. You live in Europe (except for occasional visits to certain gardens Las Vegas ;)) and know so much you seem to know so much about the American Football. Damet garm you should work for ESPN or something.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
They don't call him slick Willie for nothing. Southerners have a way with words. The fact that in an hour he can make the case for Obama that he himself hasn't been able to make in 4 years says you got the wrong candidate. Not that Romney is much better, by the way.

Feb 22, 2005
Clinton explained it really well in detail.

Yep...Lordi jon..Bill Clinton can still deliver a magnificent speech...I remember the State of Union Speech right after Republicans tried to impeach him ..97..?..he really laid it out to them low lives...and Newt Gingrich being the one right of the bat...that was great...if the elections were held tomorrow..Obama would have gotten a big boost from him....

ye..and I'm not really familiar with the national politics in U.S. and the situation over all....it seems to me....Its going to be a polarized election..people will vote their emotional choice perhaps...reality is that there is no easy solution and just changing ( throwing away things) won't fix it...however though...Americans have over spent and need to go thru some sort of Austerity...and the argument that well..we are unemployed enough to have gone thru it...won't cut it, IMO....so it all depends who can do this with less pain while having the long term prosperity of the whole nation in mind...U.S. needs to be told by somebody that spending over 1 trillion dollar on military is bad for America and everybody else....u think there is a man out there that can say that..?...and still live..lol

Last edited: