Should Branco be Fired if we lose to Japan?

Should Branco be Fired if we lose to Bahrain?

• Yes

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters
Oct 20, 2003
I say yes, but I am willing to bet it will be won't happen, because we will win Japan in Tehran, and we will not lose to Japan in Japan.

Team Melli is like an Alfa Romeo, it has flair and beauty; and when it works, it will go fast, Japan is like a Toyota, it works reliably but on the road, it is no competitive to an Alfa Romeo. I just hope that our Alfa Romeo has been serviced before the race.

I

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
Probably not, however it depends how he arranges the team, and how he reacts to the game's potential problems.
However, I think we will play good this time, and if we don't get unlucky, we should win (easily).

Mamad.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
if we lose to japan in tehran, and Bahrain win against N.Korea, this will give japan 6 points, and a win against bahrain, will almost garranty them qualification, so it will between iran and Bahrain, from what i saw from Bahrain, i think they were slightly better than us. so, i dont know, to be hounest, lose against japan will put us in a very difficult situation.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
NO.. ofcourse not! you dont fire a coach everytime u get a bad result! Thats mroe like persian gulf countries! Good team needs steady coaching! Fire branco & start year & years of testing choaches again??! Branco is one of the best coaches we've seen in long time!

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Branko should already be fired for his stupid ass defensive tactics against bahrain. However, as long as he doesnt do anything stupid..we will beat japan at azadi.
But if we lose. not only should he get fired...we should hang him from the crossbar

A

Arian(ISP)

The answer is no. We have a contract with Mr. Ivankovic and based on FIFA regulations, it is against the rules and Iranian football could even be punished for such irrational moves. I am not sure if Branko would pursue a legal case against IFF if such thing were to happen, yet again it is illegal and logically incorect to throw away a written contract which you sign with a coach couple months ago. If you remember Branko was uncertain about staying or leaving Iran after the Asian Cup 2004. It was IFF and the fans who were begging him to stay and coach Iran through the World Cup Qulifications. If you remember it was before Jordan's match and everybody was praying that he would not leave.

I personally think it is very early to judge him and draw conclusions. Even if we lose to Japan in Tehran, which is unlikely, I would say we need to wait until the end of all matches and then discuss his performance as a coach.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
We chose to go Branko's path over a year ago, and despite his shortcomings,
changing our course at this point will only hurt us more. To me, the more interesting
observation is our gloomy outlook after only one poor showing. Forget about Bahrain,
and let's move on!

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
Bauvafa said:
simple poll! what if we lose to Japan in Azadi, is that enough reason to fire him?

First of all, we will not lose to Japan.
Second, if we draw or lose we still have good chances to qualify since we would need two wins against N. Korea and a win against bahrain at Azadi which is within reach.

I think by the time we are finished with N. Korea, Japan and Bahrain have torn each other apart! Two draws is not impossible while Japan tie or lose in Bahrain is highly probable.

It will be that we may finish first and then WE decides which one, Japan or Bahrain, will go through!

SO, DO NOT GET TOO DISAPPOINTED YET.

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
eshghi said:
our gloomy outlook after only one poor showing. Forget about Bahrain, and let's move on!

1- i do not think bahrain was a very bad showing

2- i agree that we need to move on but we'll know about our bahrain performance after they play japan at home! bahrain is not kidding at home.

Oct 20, 2003
Dear Nakhl, volek Team Melli’s Bahrain showing was the weakest performance since our game with Oman. There was no excuses whatsoever for the terrible performance when we have so many talented players in our team.

Let me tell you that IMHO, team Melli’s next game will be better and the improving trend will go on; we will qualify this time.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
I realize it's a tough question but we need to ask such questions before it's too late. I support the notion of continuity at the coaching position, but one would like to see expectations fullfilled after 4 yrs. If we happen to lose to Japan then there are 4 games left in which we need to collect 9 points to have any chances, the scenario resembles that of Mexico in 2001, with 4 games left they were on the edge of elimination, they brought in a new coach in the middle of qualification, and the new coach assembled a new team immediately and they ended up keep winning and qualifying. The point is that you make an investment and expect return, when you see a downslide, at some point you need to cut the loss before you lose it all.

good luck to TM but we need to be more methodical in our approach.

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
I can’t see us losing games at home and still qualifying. If we lose to Japan, I think IFF will react anyway! Branko misses the point that of course we want to win games but, we'd also like to have a bit of decent football to watch as well. These two desires are not incompatible, even if the concept strains Branko’s intellect. Under Branko we have boring games and little to cheer. Branko has been here 4 years, and strangely enough, things are not getting better. This makes me unhappy, especially since I've seen a number of promising young players playing attractive football and scoring some rather good goals are being ignored.

Go Iran