Should Branco be Fired if we lose to Japan?

Should Branco be Fired if we lose to Bahrain?

• Yes

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

wvupersian

Bench Warmer
Feb 10, 2005
West Virginia
www.wvu.edu
Based on the game Japan vs. N.K, we will beat japan. The Key will be japanies goalie and Mirza. All three goals came from keeper's mistakes. I think Zico is as lucky as Bronko. DOn't get me wrong, Japan plays very fantasy and organized, but they are not just danjerious around the box. If Mirza plays good, I guarantee the tie, and our win mostly depends on japanies goalie.

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
Out of 19 official games played TM has lot only 1 ( or maybe 2) under Branko, He has proved he is a good 'comeback' coach when he played and won crucial games with Jordan(2-0) and Qatar(3-2), he is highly intellignet and I guarentee you, if TM listens to his tactical advice ,TM will beat Japan 2-0 in Tehran, without fail! We need to understand that Brnako is a mster tactician and not stubborn, he has listened to all the criticism and taken good advice, I promise you TM will beat Japan 2-0 in Tehran...

Dec 12, 2002
usa
No matter what we can't get rid of him ,let's assume we fired him ,he will get all the money from his contract and go back to croat ,then we get all the publicity from over there like this ,Brancko will be selected as a national coach of croat ,then 10 days later he will be nominee for head of FF of croat ,then vice president of croat and on and on ,then he will be hunging around the persian gulf countries ,that time the rumors will fly all over in Iran's media that he will lead the saudis' national team ,then quwait ,then oman ,and on and on .
now in IFF ,dadakan in an inteview stated that we are going to sign a big european coach ,here in isp we will all predict ,is it going to be Hitzfeld ,or reghall or lipi or even Morientes .and finally the speaker of IFf will announce that today we signed a contract with Brancko for 1 million bucks ,plus the bonus if he takes us to the wc 2010 .
end of story .
let's keep brancko ,the only way we can git rid of him is to kill him (jk).

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
I think some people let their emotions get in the way, they have this sentimental connection w/ Branco, and point to our "results" to justify that he has done well for us. I argue that our actual palying "style" and "team coordination" is worse off than 4 yrs. ago. We never had so much difficulty qualifying to the final round like this time; the common claim is that our opponents have improved!! well, how about us? shouldn't we have improved as well? it seems like we are constantly "lowering the bar" instead of raising standards. All that aside, if losing to Japan in Tehran isn't bad enough for our campaign, then should we wait till we tie or lose to N. Korea on the road?

The way I see it, we have had some lucky results in AC, and the previous round but performance wise, we are still as poor as 4 yrs. ago, and this is the biggest stage Branco has ever coached as a head coach, what if he chokes? Should we stay with him till the end of qualification and completely sacrifice our chances??? or do we take some actions?

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
hhmmm... tricky question.

on one hand, I really would like to see branko show some guts and risk, and play the RIGHT players ( as opposed to the "names" ), and lay down an attacking formation which suits TM's inherent attitude.
going by this, if he decides to stay cautious, and conservative, even at home, ... then I will extremely hurt and angry.

on the other hand, he has done a lot for our football, and realistically, even a loss to japan may not necessarily mean the end of the road for us, as we still get to play them in japan, as well as two korea games, which I am almost sure we can beat them. and a game against bahrain who would be our rival for the second spot ( in case we do lose to japan ).
so putting 2 and 2 together, it will not be a very good idea to change horses in the middle of the race.

confused?
heh ... so am I.

I guess, chances are we can get more hurt and damaged if we change him halfway.

Jan 26, 2005
Sorry, I had not seen this one. He should not be fired. Our problem is not the coach. We have too many players scattered all over the place. They need to spend more time together getting ready.

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
Iranpaak said:
Dear Nakhl, volek Team Melli’s Bahrain showing was the weakest performance since our game with Oman. There was no excuses whatsoever for the terrible performance when we have so many talented players in our team.

Let me tell you that IMHO, team Melli’s next game will be better and the improving trend will go on; we will qualify this time.
Dear Safar,
volek khodet midooni.
Kaa, inaa bazi avvaleshoon bood.
Baazihaaye avval hamashoon moshkele.
They also had many stars but lacked harmony.
Kaa, as u said it takes time to get harmonized and
when they do, they can beat any team in asia guranteed.
Zandi and Kia are no kidding. Hashemian and Karimi are awsome.
Even Daei, I do not think he is as bad as they say. He'll play fine.
We will top this group and probably qualify after a sellout game at
Azadi when we play N. Korea. Then, it will be up to us to send
the second team through, and of course because of our past
problems with Bahrain and our lack of appreciation for their
anti-football, we will send Japan through. But, Bahrain
will finish third, play with the third team in group A
(most probably saudi arabia) and then play the
4th team in CONCACAF (trinidad or panama)
Bahrain would then qualify for the WC.
They'll not be grouped with us and
they will not make it to the 2nd
round, so we don't really
care much about them.
Safato Eshgh ast
Keif Kardi?
See U
Then

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Firstly to my dear friend Arian: i think you need to acqaint yourself with how football operates. Coaches are hired and then fired the next day and as long as their money is paid there is no case for legal action. Incidentally, I believe that's one of the reasons Branko "jaa khosh karde". Even if he f***s up he still gets his money and its obvious he is only in Iran for the money!

Secondly to all friends with short memories. Firing a coach when a team has had bad results and bringing in someone with new ideas more often than not has a very positive influence on the psyche of players and teams with new coaches generally tend to do real well in the short term. When you consider that if we lose to Japan there are four games left there is no more a perfect time to get rid of the cancer that is Branko. Remember our own team in 97 after the firing of MK and also remember how KSA bounced back after firing their coach after 2 games of the qualifiers in 2001. These are 2 examples just off the top of my head.
Food for thought!