Tehran, second worst city to live in the world

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
hmmmm...... I don't know.... Tehran can be among the worst ones but worse than cities in Bangladesh and India and all cities in Africa? I'm very sceptical about this list!

May 9, 2004
تا حالا اینطور که من دیدم و شنیدم
حتی موگادیشو پایتخت صومال که می گویند روزانه صدها نفر از گرسنگی می میرند از تهران بهتراست
دروغ که شاخ و دم ندارد
:confused-

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
This list is BS , I think its all political . Tehran is not the best place to live but for sure its not the worse. There are many cities in that list that deserve to be lower than Tehran .

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
LOL!!!!

Tripoli more livable than Tehran!

Toronto 4th livable city in the world!

Whatever they're measuring is only good for their Ammeh.
LOOOL! I was going to say the same thing, Soroush!! laughable list. I guess their analysts have never been stuck in 401 traffic in their lives..:(

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
I guess one factor that they have totally ignored is the weather. Toronto being no.4 with a weather that very few can tolerate???

Mar 13, 2007
Tehran ...dar saayeh e Alborz o Damavand... baash hameesheh sarboland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdF6DF8zpD0&feature=player_detailpage
Not sure what this is supposed to be, but everyone who comes from there tells me how rude, inconsiderate, dirty and mentally unhealthy people are and how bad the weather is and how city is segregated more than anywhere they have seen. With 3-4% being filthy rich and separated and the rest of 95% who are struggling for basics. All this and the strict social and religious codes should make this city unlivable.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm very much aware of the challenges of living in Tehran, but for f***'s sake, it's still one of the most attractive cities in the world with something for everyone. Even as a total foreigner, you'd find Tehran one hell of a beautiful metropolis with its own headaches. I don't see how any family would choose a shit-hole like Detroit over Tehran! Get outta here

Mar 13, 2007
I'm very much aware of the challenges of living in Tehran, but for f***'s sake, it's still one of the most attractive cities in the world with something for everyone. Even as a total foreigner, you'd find Tehran one hell of a beautiful metropolis with its own headaches. I don't see how any family would choose a shit-hole like Detroit over Tehran! Get outta here
what !? lol.....maybe cause detroit does not have a dictatorship with mentally challenged people, religious freaks or strict social rules, smelly people and dirty weather ?

You are comparing the best tehran has to offer - which are the very few areas in north tehran to the getthos in detriot or what!? Detriot has many affluent suburbs 99.8% of iranians could not afford ! where do you think all the rich athletes, heads of companies and other educated or affluent segments in detroit live - downtown detroit !? holy crap!

Compare the worst in detroit to worst in tehran and best in detroit to best in tehran and tell me where you rather be considering EVERY factor - not only place to go eat 'toot'! I certainly wouldnt live in detroit cause there are so many better options here but what complaints would people from tehran have living in detroit!?

Mar 13, 2007
Not enough guns available?
Ah right I forgot! sorry you are a genius! tehranis dont deal with guns, militia, theft, ransoms, false imprisonments, abuse, corruption,......

Come on dude get on with the reality ! residents of detroit do not deal with 1/5 of criminal activities that tehranis have to deal with on daily basis.

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Azizan, zendeghy dar Tehran faghat dar shomal e tehran (i.e. parkway o Fereshteh ) ke nist. Have you even been past Rah Ahan and south of Tehran to see how people are living there?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Azizan, zendeghy dar Tehran faghat dar shomal e tehran (i.e. parkway o Fereshteh ) ke nist. Have you even been past Rah Ahan and south of Tehran to see how people are living there?
Im sorry, but no matter how bad Tehran is for living, it NOT Worse than a war zone city like Tripoli now, where Tanks and gunshots are the music to the ear of ppl every morning, with dozens of wounded ppl rushing to hospital everyday,which is running out Water and medical aid. So it is a ridiculous ranking considering current situation of both cities.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Im sorry, but no matter how bad Tehran is for living, it NOT Worse than a war zone city like Tripoli now, where Tanks and gunshots are the music to the ear of ppl every morning, with dozens of wounded ppl rushing to hospital everyday,which is running out Water and medical aid. So it is a ridiculous ranking considering current situation of both cities.
Just an FYI - Tripoli has been a war zone since 2 weeks ago when the rebels occupied the city. The list's cut off was July. it even says so in the article. did you read it?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Just an FYI - Tripoli has been a war zone since 2 weeks ago when the rebels occupied the city. The list's cut off was July. it even says so in the article. did you read it?
Yes I did. but NATO deployed troops and helicopters to Libya including Tripoli back in May. so..

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
No need to go so far to even compare with cities in African countries etc. even in Iran itself this list is saying that there is no city worse than Tehran not even GHOM!! imagine that

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
No need to go so far to even compare with cities in African countries etc. even in Iran itself this list is saying that there is no city worse than Tehran not even GHOM!! imagine that
They only did 144 cities so Qom was not included, but I'm sure it would've scored higher than Tehran :)

To tell you the truth, given the choice to live n Tehran or Detroit, I am sure many Tehranis would choose Detroit. How many Detroit residents would choose Tehran however? Not any.
Depends. Both groups would make that choice out of sheer ignorance. An informed Detroiter may find many reasons to choose to live in Tehran, while an informed Tehrani will most likely avoid Detroit at all costs.