The 2020-21UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Taremi has had a big impact in beating Juventus but I don't think the club see him as the reason for it.
That's right the real MVP for Porto is the ref from the first leg and VAR that didn't call the penalty shot on the Cristiano penalty at the end of the game. Had that penalty been called, Juve would have won and Porto would be out right now.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
This post just sounds like sour grapes since Cristiano left Madrid for Juve.
I was never a fan of CR even when he was in Madrid, you can look at my post. So believe me, I was super excited when you guys took him away! and still am.
THANK YOU! At the end the real winner for the Xfer was Ronaldo and biggest loser Juventus.
- CR got his extra 6 million a year that Madrid refused to pay him. (30 mill a year salary)
- Madrid got his Xfer fee and saved on his salary, also Madrid won a La Liga without him
- Juventus paid his xfer fee and huge salary, and did worst in CL and about to not win even Serie A!

That's right the real MVP for Porto is the ref from the first leg and VAR that didn't call the penalty shot on the Cristiano penalty at the end of the game. Had that penalty been called, Juve would have won and Porto would be out right now.
- That was not a PK on CR, the reason it was not given was, if you look at it in slow motion (which VAR did) CR was on his way down , hence why the PK was not given.

Jan 26, 2006
Just when you thought it couldn't get more embarrassing for the guy, he ends up crying to top off his performance of getting sent off.
I know but we have to put this in context.

1.5 years ago he was wasting his career away in Qatar stars league

Less than 3 years ago he was banned for four months because of some dodgy transfer stuff with fucking Rizespor. I

mean his career was really fizzling out, a lot of people on this site and the other one were really angry with Queiroz for starting him over Ghoochannejhad, Kaveh Rezaei, even Ansarifard for a while, I think many of us have forgotten this.

In addition, don't forget he comes from a country which is a world pariah, whose players don't sell T-shirts, who can always become a PR disaster in certain events (eg playing Israeli clubs), and aren't particularly lucrative in terms of resale value in comparison with a name like Bondetombooninho or Ze Gooz.

Now he's the only iranian to score a knockout goal in the Champions League. I mean he's gone from Qatar league to the image below...!

He's doing some crazy stuff but that's just the guy he is, I've got a feeling we are going to see more crazy ups and downs by the end of the season. He is box office entertainment. Hopefully the ratio of good stuff to bad stuff remains the way it has been for the last 18 months,

1615424293517.png

Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
I was never a fan of CR even when he was in Madrid, you can look at my post. So believe me, I was super excited when you guys took him away! and still am.
THANK YOU! At the end the real winner for the Xfer was Ronaldo and biggest loser Juventus.
- CR got his extra 6 million a year that Madrid refused to pay him. (30 mill a year salary)
- Madrid got his Xfer fee and saved on his salary, also Madrid won a La Liga without him
- Juventus paid his xfer fee and huge salary, and did worst in CL and about to not win even Serie A!

- That was not a PK on CR, the reason it was not given was, if you look at it in slow motion (which VAR did) CR was on his way down , hence why the PK was not given.
Nope, Cristiano puts the ball behind himself to trick the defender. The defender bowls him over without making contact with the ball. If the defender doesn't make contact with Cristiano, he maintains control of the ball.

100% penalty.

I think most Madrid fans would disagree with you and I'll point out that Real would buy Cristiano tomorrow if Juve made the offer.

Also, Obviously Cristiano was vital to Madrid winning Champions League as they failed to do so as soon as he left the squad. That's just common sense.

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Nope, Cristiano puts the ball behind himself to trick the defender. The defender bowls him over without making contact with the ball. If the defender doesn't make contact with Cristiano, he maintains control of the ball.

100% penalty.

I think most Madrid fans would disagree with you and I'll point out that Real would buy Cristiano tomorrow if Juve made the offer.

Also, Obviously Cristiano was vital to Madrid winning Champions League as they failed to do so as soon as he left the squad. That's just common sense.
RE PK, that is your opinion. I would not give a PK for that.

RE CR, there is lots of talk about it on RM fans forum, no one really wants him back, not with those wages at least.
Remember, Real also did NOT win a single CL for 4 years when CR joined, not one until Modric joined, again, as proven here, CR Helped Madrid win CL, no question, however, CR also needed Madrid to shine. The player who was "vital" in Madrid winning CL, could not even make Juve go to Final, ever ask yourself why?

FACT: in 3 years with Juventus, CR scored Less goals (14) as when he scored on his final season with Madrid (15) in CL.
if you still think you guys made a good deal buying him, sure :) but the facts and numbers suggest otherwise.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Example of making a horrible deal (according to Madrid fans) right here ->

A lot of Madrid fans suffering from sour grapes in the forums then. They really think that they win the champions league without his 15 goals. That's just sad.

Remember when Cristiano (and that ref with a trash can for a heart) carried Madrid against Juve over two legs

That's the night Madrid lost Ronaldo. Ronaldo realized Juve fans appreciated his talent.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho .... can't win CL if they play in a mid table team like let's say Real Betis or Bologna lol. You need to have a great team around you but there are moments in CL tournament that one goal determines championship and such players have shined and repeatedly have shown why they are who they are.

Feb 4, 2005
Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho .... can't win CL if they play in a mid table team like let's say Real Betis or Bologna lol. You need to have a great team around you but there are moments in CL tournament that one goal determines championship and such players have shined and repeatedly have shown why they are who they are.
True and like everything else, those moments seem to be coming to an end.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
How is a player like Dembele play for Barcelona? I don't watch them often, but every time I do, Dembele misses a handful of chances, gives the ball away, breaks the link-up play etc. He's very average. Surely there are better players than this guy that Barca can bring in.
Dembele, like many other players on Barca squad , is a hit or miss. One day he is the hero, other day, you think how many chances he want to miss in order to score? another example is Griezman. Maybe Messi lifted the bar so high, but these day, even Messi misses chances.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Example of making a horrible deal (according to Madrid fans) right here ->

A lot of Madrid fans suffering from sour grapes in the forums then. They really think that they win the champions league without his 15 goals. That's just sad.

Remember when Cristiano (and that ref with a trash can for a heart) carried Madrid against Juve over two legs

That's the night Madrid lost Ronaldo. Ronaldo realized Juve fans appreciated his talent.
I want these guys to carry my coffin.... and let it fall, oh I will LMAO...

Status
Not open for further replies.