The 2021-22 UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Liverpool can't press all the game and Angelloti knows that.
Yup. I watched the game again and noticed in the 2nd half how Real Madrid managed to beat Liverpool's press with some great passing around Liverpool players from all sorts of angles. brilliant work that somewhat eased the pressure on Madrid's defence and resulted in their goal and some decent goal scoring threats.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Yup. I watched the game again and noticed in the 2nd half how Real Madrid managed to beat Liverpool's press with some great passing around Liverpool players from all sorts of angles. brilliant work that somewhat eased the pressure on Madrid's defence and resulted in their goal and some decent goal scoring threats.
How come Zidane had no trust in Vinicius as I read recently? Damn he's only 21.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
How come Zidane had no trust in Vinicius as I read recently? Damn he's only 21.
What i remember is that Vinicius had a serious injury shortly after he joined Madrid and then Hazard who was in good form at the time was preferred by Zidane. then Hazrad suffered a lengthy injury and Vinicious was preferred over Rodrygo Goes and got a good chunk of games in Zidane's last 2 years at Madrid.

Perhaps Real Madrid fans like @HalaMadrid & @Real Madrid can explain the situation in more detail.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
What i remember is that Vinicius had a serious injury shortly after he joined Madrid and then Hazard who was in good form at the time was preferred by Zidane. then Hazrad suffered a lengthy injury and Vinicious was preferred over Rodrygo Goes and got a good chunk of games in Zidane's last 2 years at Madrid.

Perhaps Real Madrid fans like @HalaMadrid & @Real Madrid can explain the situation in more detail.
One nutty @halvamadrid short of the trio