The battle for Kobani (Very important for both sides and many others involved)

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
That's because Ataturk is symbol of "Turkish nationalism" and for 80 years mistreatment of kurds has been carried out by mostly Ataturkian establishment.
Well said. Turks are one of the most racist/ethnonationalist people I have ever met. Any deviation from the concept of "Turkishness" is a crime and they will hate you for it. Not only they were not allowed to celebrate Nowruz, in many cases if they spoke Kurdish they were being punished. They funny thing is that many Kurdish Turks are still loyal to Turkey.

I have lived in Netherlands for a few years and among Turks (which are a huge immigrant group) there. You do not believe the amount of hatred a third generation immigrant Turk has towards Kurds. You cannot believe the amount of nationalism a thirds-generation Turk has and how they praise Ataturk.

Having said that, the issue is that there many Turks who are actually quite educated and secular. Some are intellectual leftists, anarchists, liberal, and Marxist and they do support Kurdish quest for having a better situation in Turkey.

Another thing that this Chinaski or other Iranians are not aware of (because they still international relations from the perspective of cold war era, not knowing that the world has moved on!) is the whole notion of the 'Turkish Deep State'. Many seculars, nationalists and former military and intelligence people fall within that theory. Whether it was Erdogan and his gang on power or if the ataturkian seculars where on power, governments even with different ideologies seek to pursue their national interests. For Turkey, on the surface Erdogan and his gang do it. But in the background the people in Turkish deep state are also running the show. They do not want Kurds to gain autonomy because they know that would not be good for Turkey.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
There is no doubt that Turkish extremism is dangerous toward shit-e goals and all shiite s in the region so I am not at all surprised that BOOGH O SHEYPOOR E 'muslim philosophers' LOL dobareh roshan shodeh.

but for a shit-e muslim to call any other group racist or Ethno anything is a fucking joke. Muslims, ISIS or SHITe, nevertheless have no right to call anyone else racist or extremists because their governments, namely, IR, Hezbollah and Alawites are amongst the most racist and repressive regimes in the world.

Muslim philosophers indeed.

[video=youtube;tl4VD8uvgec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4VD8uvgec[/video]

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well said. Turks are one of the most racist/ethnonationalist people I have ever met. Any deviation from the concept of "Turkishness" is a crime and they will hate you for it. Not only they were not allowed to celebrate Nowruz, in many cases if they spoke Kurdish they were being punished. They funny thing is that many Kurdish Turks are still loyal to Turkey.

I have lived in Netherlands for a few years and among Turks (which are a huge immigrant group) there. You do not believe the amount of hatred a third generation immigrant Turk has towards Kurds. You cannot believe the amount of nationalism a thirds-generation Turk has and how they praise Ataturk.
This is so scientifically baseless I didn't expect it from you.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well said. Turks are one of the most racist/ethnonationalist people I have ever met. Any deviation from the concept of "Turkishness" is a crime and they will hate you for it.
I am not sure Turkish sense of superiority is any greater than that of an average Iranian.
or an average french or German citizen.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
i don't take any joy in saying this but it is pretty gratifying to see
how nato+isreal+qatar+saudi got it all wrong in syria.and how iran+russia
warned them about the jihadist terrorists
It is well known that Assad never engaged ISIS. Instead he went after Nusra and the rest. He has turned over half of his country to ISIS without firing a bullet. Assad himself made a deal with them. Few month ago all you heard was how Hezbollah and Iran are kicking ass. Where are they now? How come they are letting ISIS run rampant like this?

It is a really odd situation. We got a handful of people with no country, no manufacturing, no factories, no air force seem to never run out of ammo, have all the fuel they want for their tanks and manage to keep them on the road. All this when Assad, Iran, Hezbollah and now US bombing are all supposedly have encircled them and they are still winning. Something doesn't add up.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It is well known that Assad never engaged ISIS. Instead he went after Nusra and the rest. He has turned over half of his country to ISIS without firing a bullet. Assad himself made a deal with them. Few month ago all you heard was how Hezbollah and Iran are kicking ass. Where are they now? How come they are letting ISIS run rampant like this?

It is a really odd situation. We got a handful of people with no country, no manufacturing, no factories, no air force seem to never run out of ammo, have all the fuel they want for their tanks and manage to keep them on the road. All this when Assad, Iran, Hezbollah and now US bombing are all supposedly have encircled them and they are still winning. Something doesn't add up.
It does quite add up. Qatar, Saudi, U.S Jordan and Turkey have all been pouring money and weapons into Syria.

They sell something between 1-5 million of oil per month.

It is very true Asad regime made a deal with Isis (truce) so that Asad regime can focus on other opponents. Asad bet that Isis will overextend themselves by fighting kurds and going into Iraq and crimes.

It seems like given his limited resources Asad has played his hand pretty well.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
I am not sure Turkish sense of superiority is any greater than that of an average Iranian.
or an average french or German citizen.
Yes we have it too. But Turks are on different level. I was so appalled by comments on Turkish Dutch page about Kobani. Many of them said Kurds deserve this. Some comments saying that they wish them being beheaded by ISIS.

We have a different sense of superiority, but dont go so far as Turks.

May 9, 2004

جناب
شما که مزنه دستتونه بفرمایید بگویید پس این هواپیماهای امریکایی و انگلیسی و هلندی و بلژیکی و نمی دانم چهل کشور
چطوریه که نتونستند جلوی چند صد نفر داعشی رو بگیرند که کوبانی محاصره نشه ؟
حزب الله و ایران در این قسمتها تقریبا هیچ فعالیتی ندارند
همین داعش دو روز پیش سعی کرد به خاک لبنان وارد شود و حزب الله تار و مارشان کرد
کردهای عراق هم که ایران مسلح کرد توانستند بسیاری از مواقعشان را پس بگیرند
همچنین رئیس وزرای عراق در اینمورد که ایران نقش بسزایی در عقب راندن داعش در مناطق شیعه نشین عراق مثل امرلی داشته سه روز پیش صحبت کرد
اینجا می بایستی از امریکا و ترکیه انتقاد کرد
حالا ترکیه خودش دستش تو دست اینهاست
امریکا با ان همه بودجه ارتشی نتونست این چند صد را پس بزند ؟

عجب

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
Where is Field Marshal Soleimai and his air force and missiles? Guns are not for parades and youtube videos. Bring them out (Ok, we know they were phony). As a US tax payer I am declaring paying no more free bombs.
You should be ashamed Houshang... even Soleimani is among Peshmarga now on the battlefields. Where is America ? Where are their airstrikes to help defend the Kurds ?

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008

Stop talking crap, your intelligence agencies are right now helping them on the battlefields against SAA. Help in terms of funding,arming,feeding,clothing etc

Yes, this is a battle of Syrian people, old and young versus thousands of US backed crazy terrorists. Btw, there are dozens of battles of ISIS vs SAA forces on the net, go look it up.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
This particular issue of Kobani falling is going to cost the US (and NATO in general) a massive loss of fan-base in the region. Not that they were particularly popular, but a substantial number of Middle Easterns (specially Kurds) didn't mind the West's presence and meddling.

Now it will become quite different. I believe I.R and Assad just won a big popularity contest in the region at the cost of Kurdish citizens while Erdogan and Obama ended up looking like shit.

Expect changes. I strongly suspect a new branch of ISIS will soon emerge. One that claims to be more moderate and quickly starts gaining popularity. A new 'reformist' party is going to be born. Much like what happened with Islamic Republic at the very early stages.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
This particular issue of Kobani falling is going to cost the US (and NATO in general) a massive loss of fan-base in the region. Not that they were particularly popular, but a substantial number of Middle Easterns (specially Kurds) didn't mind the West's presence and meddling.

Now it will become quite different. I believe I.R and Assad just won a big popularity contest in the region at the cost of Kurdish citizens while Erdogan and Obama ended up looking like shit.

Expect changes. I strongly suspect a new branch of ISIS will soon emerge. One that claims to be more moderate and quickly starts gaining popularity. A new 'reformist' party is going to be born. Much like what happened with Islamic Republic at the very early stages.

BT jan, I agree with your first 2 points. There is no excuse for the cowardly act of passiveness by Obama admin (forget NATO or Turkey) for standing on the sidelines watching people get slathered. There is absolutely no credibility left for powers to be.
As for more moderate branch of ISIS emerging, I don’t think so. These animals are hardcore purists, complete binaries that follow teachings of Islam to the tee, I don’t see them deviating from “true” ways of Mo-ham-mad.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
BT jan, I agree with your first 2 points. There is no excuse for the cowardly act of passiveness by Obama admin (forget NATO or Turkey) for standing on the sidelines watching people get slathered. There is absolutely no credibility left for powers to be.
As for more moderate branch of ISIS emerging, I don’t think so. These animals are hardcore purists, complete binaries that follow teachings of Islam to the tee, I don’t see them deviating from “true” ways of Mo-ham-mad.
Aziz deviation from roots is one of Islam's "SEFAATE BAREZ"!!! Every few decades a group of purists emerges but they always end up branching into deviating groups because true Islam has no provision for economics of scale. In order for the business/cult to grow, it must adhere to worldly economics and that means deviating from its roots.

The region is fairly ripe for a more moderate ISIS. A true competitor for Iran's Islamic Republic capable of handling international relations and governance of the masses. One that can actually be recognized. I believe this new branch will eventually rule over both Northern Iraq and Syria while Kurds finally get a piece of land called the country of Kurdistan. Southern Iraq will also most likely become a new country (perhaps even called South Iraq!)

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005

Sure it doesnt add up. Do you know why? Because some of the forces you mentioned above are only fighting ISIS on paper. Some of them are helping them getting armed behind the table and through third parties while throwing an insignificat bomb on them every once in a while just to mute their own people in west making them believe they are fighting terrorism. This is how fucked up that region is. The same IR is one heck of a sneaky entity. They are clearly following the US instructions. They have no interest to crush ISIS, they, just like their US bosses are interested to keep these guys around, contain them, make them know their limits but they both dont want them to disapear. IR is one of the biggest winners of this salafi, ISIS, ISIL, thing that popped up a few years ago. These terrorists are being represented as modrates, as people who are helping the west to eliminate terrorism. Now no one in the west is considering these heyvaanat as terrorists. They are killing and terrorizing their own people, they are responsible for many terroristic actions on international stages but now one cares. IR absolutely is one of those forces who would never want this ISIS thing to disapear.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
That seems to be the outcome. I keep reading articles about how Iran is the island of stability and how wonderful and reasonable they are and how they are the last stop against ISIS. Planned or not, IR is milking the situation. For IR to side with ISIS in Syria you have to conclude that Assad and Hezbollah are also have tacitly given up half of the country to them. Assad just lost Golan heights to Nusra. This is historic. Just read today he needed to send 200 troops to keep Golan but he could not find them. Golan is in Hezbollah's backyard too. How do you explain that? So the west is gone and the east is being lost too. Looks like Assad can barely keep Damascus. This can't be in IR's interest. So before asking why the US isn't doing more I ask why IR isn't doing more?

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.619891

Kurds: Air strikes push Islamic State back from Kobani
Official says this is the biggest retreat since Islamic State fighters have entered the city. U.S. Central Command says U.S., UAE bombed 6 targets near Kobani in last two days.
By Daren Butler, Humeyra Pamuk and Suleiman al-Khalidi Oct. 8, 2014 | 3:40 PM
submit to reddit
Smoke rises after an U.S.-led air strike in the Syrian town of Kobani Ocotber 8, 2014.
Smoke rises after an U.S.-led air strike in the Syrian town of Kobani Ocotber 8, 2014. Photo by Reuters

REUTERS - U.S.-led air strikes on Wednesday pushed Islamic State fighters back to the edges of the Syrian Kurdish border town of Kobani, which they had appeared set to seize after a three-week assault, Kurdish officials in the town said.

The town has become the focus of international attention since the Islamists' advance drove 180,000 of the area's mostly Kurdish inhabitants to flee into adjoining Turkey, which has infuriated its own restive Kurdish minority by refusing to intervene.

Islamic State hoisted its black flag on the eastern edge of the town on Monday but, since then, air strikes by a U.S.-led coalition that includes Gulf states opposed to Islamic State have redoubled.

U.S. Central Command said Wednesday that U.S. and United Arab Emirates aircraft bombed nine targets in Syria on Tuesday and Wednesday, including six in the Kobani area.

"They are now outside the entrances of the city of Kobani. The shelling and bombardment was very effective and as a result of it, IS have been pushed from many positions," Idris Nassan, deputy foreign minister of Kobani district, told Reuters by phone.

"This is their biggest retreat since their entry into the city and we can consider this as the beginning of the countdown of their retreat from the area."

Islamic State had been advancing on the strategically important town from three sides and pounding it with artillery despite fierce resistance from heavily outgunned Kurdish forces. Defense experts said it was unlikely that the advance could be halted by air power alone.

According to a New York Times report, Washington is concerned by Turkey's reluctance to engage Islamic State militants in Kobani.

"There's growing angst about Turkey dragging its feet to act to prevent a massacre less than a mile from is border," an unnamed senior administration official was quoted as saying by the New York Times.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The real question here is why isn't US doing more and taking more Airstrikes against these barbaric killers. They had some old timer general on TV last night and he kept on lashing against Obama and his administration for not doing enough. He said the terrain leading to here is the perfect place for airstrikes and as these guys have moved so much heavy artillery over a 100 miles distance we have done 3-4 air strikes here and there. Why not bomb them a thousand times and crush them? What is the reasoning behind this slow bombing? US is very responsible for the strength of these killers and its her responsibility to now do something about it if it really means it. But the way it seems this adminstrations agenda and how Obama wants to play it is just to stay passive and bomb here and there just to make some think they are really doing something. The war in Iraq was costing 1 billion dollars or more a day. Up to the other day the US had only spent 69 million on bombing over a 2-3 week span of time. What does this tell you???? They simply do not want to do enough. I am sick and tired of those that keep apologizing and supporting these actions without any regard for where they came from and actually for once trying to stand on the side of humanity instead of hard political connections they feel.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
The answer is pretty easy: They dont want to. They dont want to destroy their own payed and armed extremists completely. This ISIS thing is now being forced into the second phase of their way to become established. The first phase was them being backed without any limitation. They let these moslem criminals out of cage, helped them organize and connect to eachother from all over the word, armed them, payed them, trained them in turkey and let them rage against Assad. The second phase is now underway: They now have to learn to know their limits. So they are pretty much allowed to do whatever they want in areas that they are controling for over two years and thats a big area between north iraq to eastern syria. Americans want them to realize their limitation so they can actually sit down, give it a rest and start governing the areas they are controlling. kheyli jaalebe, ghashang eyne IR. aval oomadan, aavordaneshoon gozaashtan har ghalati ke deleshoon mikhaast baa mokhaalefine khodeshoon bokonan, bedonoe mohaakeme va yaa baa mohaakeme haaye khande daar dah haa hezaar nafar ro in jenaayat kaaraan koshtan o az beyn bordan, kake hichki nagazid. kenaaresh oomadan, kamaki baal o pareshoon ro zadan harvaght ke paashoono az gelimeshoon deraaz kardan. They made the IR understand the same things that they are trying to make ISIS understand: Now you have your country, give it a rest, start building a government and start do what we expect you to do which is destablizing the region. Just be a good moslem like khomeini and we will let you run your state the way you want. You want to kill within your own borders, do it. You want to mass murder your own people and opponents? Hell, yeah, do it and we will even applaud, just dont try to be something you are not and something you simply cant be.

I tell you they will learn. IR has learned how to live their supperior bosses too. The IR right now could hang 10 ooo people on the spot and the Boss would completely go mute just like they went mute as IR killed around 20 000 people in a very short period of time as a direct result of khomeinis wish to finally crush the internal enemies. Shah as example was portraited by US and mercenary organizations such a HRW as a heck of a dictator while he during his whole reign, didnt even have 1000 political prisoners.