The battle for Kobani (Very important for both sides and many others involved)

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
Obama is not calling the shots boyz.
Nothing that has been going on in America or the rest of the world is in line with American interest.
The only way I will ever forgive Obama is if it turns out this whole ISIS thing was a round-up of all extremists......for the purpose of elimination.
Bah bah masoud khan, welcome back.
This ISIS thing definitely has been about rounding-up the animals (with all due respect to animals) from all corners of the planet. However I don't think the ultimate goal is to eliminate them. Instead this has given US and Arab "allies" to find a way to gather these animals in a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] country where they cannot compromise status-quo (e.g., KSA, Qatar, Q8, etc.) or be threat to western countries while keeping Iran, Syria and other unfriendly countries pre-occupied.
ISIS is brought to you by the same mad scientists that created the Taliban 30 years ago to deal with the issues of the 80’s. Islam has been and will continue to be the major liability for human race for generations to come!

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
Flint , in my mind there is no difference between you and that muslim Hussein , you two , no let me correct it , you americans are judt a bunch of arogant blood suckers , just leave other countries alone and mind your shitty business , you want make mince of people? Get out your nose from other people's buisness everythibg will be alright .... promissed myself zaboonemoono aaloodeh nakonim een rooz haa , vagarbah harchi fohsh khaar maadar bood nesaar oon re'is jomhooreto jad o aabaadesho , arteshesho sag o gorbash mikardim...

OON K**RETOONO AZ BAGHYE KRSHVAR HAA O MELLAT BADBAKHTESHOON BEKESHIN BEEROON ...

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Get out your nose from other people's buisness everythibg will be alright ....
Believe me we are trying to except that when Yazidi women are stuck on mountain tops dying from thirst the likes of you have nothing to offer. Everybody is sitting back asking where is the US? I said it right here, leave America out of it. Fix it yourself. Looks like we are in agreement on this. Enjoy your dinner with ISIS.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
One more thing....

4000 US troops are sent to Liberia to help with Ebola. Should the US "just leave other countries alone and mind your shitty business"? You wanna go to Liberia perhaps and tend to Ebola patients throwing up in your lap?

Oct 18, 2010
it won't be long before nato will come begging iran to send in the "fixer" to
clean up their mess.but it will cost them and their lap dogs in the region plenty.

One op-ed by conservative Iranian news website Khabar Online has asked Soleimani to help defend Kobani. As commander of the Quds Force, Soleimani has been heavily involved in advising the Iraqi forces and militias since IS took over large parts of western Iraq this summer. Pictures of him alongside Iraqi and Iraqi Kurdish forces in various Iraqi cities have become common as Iran has not hidden its presence there.

The op-ed cited reports that Soleimani and Iran were involved in liberating the Iraqi town of Amerli and had supplied arms to Kurdish forces in Iraq to fight IS. It read that “the weight of resistance in the region” was on his shoulders.

The op-ed continued, “But I have one urgent request. These days, bad news is coming from the city of Kobani. Everyone knows if the siege on Amerli was not broken what would have happened to the people of Amerli. Now everyone is assuming that will happen to Kobani.” The article said that the United States and its coalition were not taking a serious stance toward IS in Kobani and asked Soleimani “to prevent a genocide” in that city.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...sk-soleimani-defend-kobani.html#ixzz3Fg6jjryN

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
[video=youtube;8ORjDJuLi1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORjDJuLi1A&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20JSON%20Parse%20error%3 A%20Unexpected%20EOF%20(url%3A%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww. youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8ORjDJuLi1A)[/video]

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Bah bah masoud khan, welcome back.
This ISIS thing definitely has been about rounding-up the animals (with all due respect to animals) from all corners of the planet. However I don't think the ultimate goal is to eliminate them. Instead this has given US and Arab "allies" to find a way to gather these animals in a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] country where they cannot compromise status-quo (e.g., KSA, Qatar, Q8, etc.) or be threat to western countries while keeping Iran, Syria and other unfriendly countries pre-occupied.
ISIS is brought to you by the same mad scientists that created the Taliban 30 years ago to deal with the issues of the 80’s. Islam has been and will continue to be the major liability for human race for generations to come!
Thanx Arti - have not been around - sick of politics.....and where the world is headed!!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Aw great, another fanboy of Field Marshal Erwin Soleimani. They parade their tanks and missile in Tehran and post videos of missiles left and right but when ISIS is overrunning Kobani all they have to show are youtube videos. He follows US air strikes then drives in claiming he was behind it all. How come Mosul is still in ISIS hands? Oh yeah, no air strikes.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
[video=youtube;8ORjDJuLi1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORjDJuLi1A&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20JSON%20Parse%20error%3 A%20Unexpected%20EOF%20(url%3A%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww. youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8ORjDJuLi1A)[/video]
These guys and Soleimani are part of the reason why ISIS has gained so much ground in countries like Iraq and Syria. Their support for the dictators in those countries has excasbrated feelings of resentment towards Iran. It was Maliki who is on the payroll of Iran who tried to eliminate Sunnis and Kurds from the governmental institutions of Iraq, for the purpose of strengthening IR's grip on Iraq. This has led to the support of Sunni Arabs for ISIS.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I feel sorry for the people of Iran who are fed this pile of dong. Sheikh Soleimani with 70, count them 70 troops stopped ISIS from capturing Irbil, a city of 2 million people.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
These guys and Soleimani are part of the reason why ISIS has gained so much ground in countries like Iraq and Syria. Their support for the dictators in those countries has excasbrated feelings of resentment towards Iran. It was Maliki who is on the payroll of Iran who tried to eliminate Sunnis and Kurds from the governmental institutions of Iraq, for the purpose of strengthening IR's grip on Iraq. This has led to the support of Sunni Arabs for ISIS.
That maybe an easy explanation but frankly it is too simplistic.

Saudis do not even recognize the reality that Iran needs to have an sphere influence. They basically argue these are arab countries stay out of their business. they need to take their marching orders from us.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Aw great, another fanboy of Field Marshal Erwin Soleimani. They parade their tanks and missile in Tehran and post videos of missiles left and right but when ISIS is overrunning Kobani all they have to show are youtube videos. He follows US air strikes then drives in claiming he was behind it all. How come Mosul is still in ISIS hands? Oh yeah, no air strikes.
1. Understand that Mosul's population is mainly Sunni Arab which Iran has least amount of influence over unlike Iraqi Shiites or Kurds

2. No body is claiming that Soleimani or Iranian forces alone have beaten ISIS forces. The claim is that Iranian especial forces have been able to train and organize the local population of the Kurds (much like "Basij") in to a force that could fight off and defend Erbil from being captured.

3. Soleimani/Iranian especial forces did not need the bombing of the Western powers to prove their prowess in organizing local forces in fighting ISIS and their likes as they were able to do this in Syria to keep Assad in power and control when the Western countries were fully funding and supporting ISIS and other anti-Assad forces.

4. You mistakenly assume that just because Iran doesn't like ISIS that they are willing to pay any price (including Iranian lives) to get rid of them. That's not true. Ideally Iran would want other countries to get rid of ISIS completely. But if that doesn't happen then Iran has decided to turn this threat into an opportunity for itself where it has now effectively been able to create its own "Basij" / Hezbollah type forces not only in Souther Iraq but also in Iraqi Kurdistan and majority of Syria (or at least It's Shiite regions). It would be long before any central government or foreign force strong enough would be able to dismantle the militia force that Iran has managed to create in Iraqi Kurdistan, Southern Iraq and majority of Syria not to mention the already existing Hezbollah in Lebanon.

5. As far as Kobani is concerned, all you need to do is look at a map and see where Kobani is. If Kobani were to fall the country that would be most directly and dramatically effected would be Turkey which would have ISIS forces figuratively (and perhaps literally) right at its doorstep. Kobani is so far from central Syria and from Iraq that its fall will have virtually no effect on these two countries. But when these ISIS forces start roaming right at Turkish territory then it is what you call the "chickens coming home to roost".

So if the fall of Kobani might force Turkey to either change its support for ISIS if not cause it to directly get militarily involved in fighting them then why would Soleimani/Iran risk their lives to prevent it from falling to ISIS? If Turkey or Western powers are really serious about fighting these guys let them save Kobani.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Where do you come up with such baseless tales? Maliki was not a dictator. He was elected by democratic means under the control and blessing of US. It was Iran that convinced Maliki's government (despite having the majority of Iraqi votes from Shiites) to include the Kurds and Sunnis in the highest governmental post and then convinced Maliki to peacefully step down.

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
Where do you come up with such baseless tales? Maliki was not a dictator. He was elected by democratic means under the control and blessing of US. It was Iran that convinced Maliki's government (despite having the majority of Iraqi votes from Shiites) to include the Kurds and Sunnis in the highest governmental post and then convinced Maliki to peacefully step down.
Maliki was not a dictator. Assad is. I know Iran convinced Maliki to step down. Probably after Shamkhani went there. However, when did Iran convince Maliki to include Kurds and Sunnis in the government? Anyhow, the government of Iraq has been backed for a long time by Iran. In my opinion, Iranians overestimated themselves at some point, thinking they be able to gain more control influence and control in Iraq.

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
Maliki was not a dictator. Assad is. I know Iran convinced Maliki to step down. Probably after Shamkhani went there. However, when did Iran convince Maliki to include Kurds and Sunnis in the government? Anyhow, the government of Iraq has been backed for a long time by Iran. In my opinion, Iranians overestimated themselves at some point, thinking they be able to gain more control influence and control in Iraq.
You talk as if you are a European...lol

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Guys,
The type of warfare ISIS is involved with is the type IRI is strongest to defeat. Ir requires militia to fight militia.....armies are often useless. Soleimani is confident and he has the right to be when it comes to fighting ISIS. Whatever weakness IR had in this kind of wars they mastered in Syria while fighting the same foe. Trust me, if there was ever a time useless mullahs of Iran could do something worthy......it would be now to join the rest of the world and get rid of ISIS before they wipe out the Kurds.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Guys,
The type of warfare ISIS is involved with is the type IRI is strongest to defeat. Ir requires militia to fight militia.....armies are often useless. Soleimani is confident and he has the right to be when it comes to fighting ISIS. Whatever weakness IR had in this kind of wars they mastered in Syria while fighting the same foe. Trust me, if there was ever a time useless mullahs of Iran could do something worthy......it would be now to join the rest of the world and get rid of ISIS before they wipe out the Kurds.
Mass why do these IR guys get you in the same trap again and again? Its really beyond me. How easy it is for the IR to create situaitons that even their saadeh loh opponents start praising them and asking for their help. They exactly need guys like you to think this way, to start viewing them as saviors, as somewhat moderate.

This shows me we have a loooong ways to go to become politically stable when our people get rattled and are so shakey in their views that every single happening can change their whole state of mind.

I tell you what Mass, if there was no ISIS, the IR would have single handedly created one. IR right now is the biggest winner of this ISIS thing. They are cleaning up their reputation and are getting stronger politically with each ISIS attack on civilians. No one is talking about how many people have already been killed and are still getting killed by the IR. The whole scenario is a complete rehabilitation measure in favour of iR.

If you think this is a developement that in any way could be of benefit for iranian people, then i think there is nothing left to talk about about this issue. Atleast not with me.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
.it would be now to join the rest of the world and get rid of ISIS before they wipe out the Kurds.
btw, joining the rest of the world to do what? What exactly is "rest of the world"doing? Exactly nothing? Well they have already joined the rest of the world by doing effectively nothing against the ISIS.