The Correct Term is "Azari Turk" and not "Azari" Only - Deal with it!

Dec 12, 2002
usa
indiana jones ,thanks alot ,well they know they are rooted iranian, but recently this akhound regime has driven everybody nuts .
anyway azarbayejan will stay ,whoever wants to leave he/she can leave .we will give each person 500 bucks and ten noon barabari and some panier lighvan ba ye pas gardani .

May 12, 2007
When are some going to learn that Azari means from Azarbaijan and could be a Kurd or Taylesh or also the old Pahlavi language of Azarbaijan.
I have tried to stay away from this thread but it keeps coming.
1-Azarbaijan is a region in northwestern Iran. Azari is anything related to Azarbaijan.
2-Turk is a race
3- Iran is the nationality
Are you Azari? Yes I come from Azarbeijan.
Are you Turk? Yes but I am Iranian Turk. Or yes but I live in shiraz! Or yes I am a Turk but proud to be Iranian.
Turke Azari means a turk who comes from Azarbeijan.
No more sophistication or mokhkari!

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2007
ref, on the other topic, forget who ruled when, here is my question:

knowing that pre and post iranians perhaps contributed to the world more than anyone else (except for greeks), from sciences, to arts, to humanity, morality,..from zorostar to Cyrus to avecina and kharazmi and razi and birooni and Rumi,... and knowing that the golden age of islam is essentially the sassanids persian renaissance exported to europe (many of which were azeris), can you name me one major achievement or contribution of Turks other than that in the art of war, empireship and slavery !?

and no, no matter how brutal, at no period did iranians systematically enslaved, raped or eliminate other people to the scale that turks have done! not even close!

even culturaly azeris are iranian first - regardless of what they speak. Again I believe they should be able to separate if they elect to do so

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

knowing that pre and post iranians perhaps contributed to the world more than anyone else (except for greeks), from sciences, to arts, to humanity, morality,..from zorostar to Cyrus to avecina and kharazmi and razi and birooni and Rumi,... and knowing that the golden age of islam is essentially the sassanids persian renaissance exported to europe (many of which were azeris), can you name me one major achievement or contribution of Turks other than that in the art of war, empireship and slavery !?

and no, no matter how brutal, at no period did iranians systematically enslaved, raped or eliminate other people to the scale that turks have done! not even close!

even culturaly azeris are iranian first - regardless of what they speak. Again I believe they should be able to separate if they elect to do so
I agree with everything you said except the last one , sovereignty is not negotiable , it is not any body's to give away .
sorry but what do you mean if they elect to do so ?!

Sure ,Iran is yours and mine but not to give away ! we can all try and make it better for all of us and live the way we want but remember this country as IDM says has been around for few thousand years and hopefully long after we have gone , we are only here for a short while , lets not all forget that and compare it to the age of our country and think of all those who have been here before us !

:Iran1:

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa

Who ruled is the main thing buddy.
Do you think Achaemenids, Sassanids etc. did all the thigns they did by themselves?

Achaemenid official language wasn't even Persian!
The craftsmen during Achaemenids were mostly Babelions and most of people they ruled were Semites. But yet you credit them for everything Babelions did. But when it comes to Turks they are mere warriors and nothing else????

You go to every corner of this counrty and see the impact of Saljukid era. It is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid a Saljukid era architecture in every city of Iran, despite all destructions followed by Mongols and the 100 years time since then. Even look at your calendar and see Khayyams impact on the whole word and you see behind them a great Sultan who had the vissions and management to do all this and you simply downplay it as just mere ruler or warriors?

Come on man. That is what I am talking about. When it comes to Persians ONE king gets all the credit. When it comes to Arabs or Turks it is all subordinates who did the great job!!!!

Your earlier statement here is because of what you consider historical facts fed to you by Pan Fars and very biased school history books, written by nationalistically infected writers of Iran's 19th and 20th century writers.
I have no power in changing your or others' view as you need to first recognize that and then go and read Western unbiased sources for that and see. It is not just you. Turks of Turkey and Arabs are the same contaminated.
Nationalism was a disease of 19th and 20 century which culminated by fascist movements and almost died down in Europe. But for us Middle Easterners we need a lot of drugs and blood to rid of.

Anyhow, Iranian Azaris are as Iranians as any other Iranian and they are as entitled to be identified by their mother tongue that is Azari Turkish. That is really simple.

Last edited:

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
If one day Pan FARSs, some so obviously posting on this forums as, succeed, over many Iranians' dead boddies of course, in defining Iran as an intolerant society towards mother tongue of her own citizens then you no longer advocating Cyrus's and Malek Shah's Iran and have alread killed Iran. That day I will choose my mother tongue over your Iran and mourn for Iran I knew where respect to the most basic rights of human was the first basic constitution of this great culture under Cyrus.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
I have tried to stay away from this thread but it keeps coming.
1-Azarbaijan is a region in northwestern Iran. Azari is anything related to Azarbaijan.
2-Turk is a race
Turk is NOT a race. Neither is Aryan or being Iranian.
That is what Pan Fars and Pan Turks like to promote.

Turk is whoever speaks a version of Turkish/Turkic language.

3- Iran is the nationality
Are you Azari? Yes I come from Azarbeijan.
Are you Turk? Yes but I am Iranian Turk. Or yes but I live in shiraz! Or yes I am a Turk but proud to be Iranian.
Turke Azari means a turk who comes from Azarbeijan.
No more sophistication or mokhkari!
Great.... That is all.. .

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
^İNDİANA JONES^;887647 said:
http://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/مردم_آذری

آذربایجانیان بسیار به سایر ایرانیان قرابت دارند، گرچه زبانشان ترکی است. دی***ان***ای ساکنین بومی منطقه تفاوتی با دیگر نقاط ایران ندارد،

مرسی بابت اینکه قبول کردی زبان آذریهای ایران ترکی است.
پس اجازه بده به عنوان یک ایرانی حق مسلم اینکه خود را خودم بدانم و به دی ان ا و تاریخ 1000 سال پیش کاری داشته باشم فرهنگ و زبان اجداد خودم را ترویج و توسعه بدهم و بنا به سهم خود از بودجه آموزشی ایران در این راه صرف کنم.

آیا فکر میکنی چنین خواسته ای برای کسی که اینقدر ایرانی میدانیش و واقفی که مثل بقیه ایرانیها همیشه در این ملک وبوم جان برکف برای این مملکت حاضر به فداکاری بوده اند خواسته زیادی است؟

در ضمن از اینکه بالاخره داری به خط فارسی مینویسی یا حداقل کپی پیست میکنی بسیار سپاسگزارم.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
I think the main difference between you and those members is that they're open about their agenda, while you usually go about yours in a much more indirect and underhanded manner. You give yourself away once in a while, then you backtrack or play it off like it was a joke or people misunderstood you.

OK - I congratulate you on exposing a Pan Turk.. you win... what an attitude man... You really think of yourself such a smart fellow and everyone else is either dumb and stupid or chicken.

ترشی نخوری یه موقع

If I am ethnocentric as you claim, you are EGOCENTRIC, buddy!

Nov 14, 2005
in the dream of every basiji
رفری عزیز آخه بردار ایران دوست من نقتهایی که داری اشاره میکنی دقیقاً با حرفای پانترکا یکی یکیه و اصلا موو نمیزانه.و من به اینش موندم که با وجود طرزه تفکر پانترکی که تو داری واقعأ چطور ایران دوست شدی حالا.یا فیلم میای واقعأ مارو سیمون کنی یا واقعأ تو یه آدم استثنائی هستی که جلوت اصلا سر تعظیم فرود میارم.ولی یه خسلاتیکه در تو دیدم اینکه وقتی جاهایی که نمیتونی جواب منطقی بعدی مثه تمامه پانترکا یه حالت تدافعی به خودت میگیری که هرچه نژاد آریایی با خاک یک سن میکنی.اینکه نشد دوست عزیزم.به خدا توی این فروم جنابعالی جزو کسانی هستن که بهش یه احترام تمام منا قائلم.ولی*** لطفا پانترک بازی رو بذار کنار چون اصلا دیده تو خیلی وسیهتر از این حرفاست.در ضمن کسی*** با تو کاری داره وقتی توی تبریز ترکی حرف میزانی.فک میکنی واقعأ ایران آمریکاست که همه با زبان مداری حرف بزنه توی مدرسها.اصلا اون مگه ایران می***شه ایرانستان که فاتحش خوندست چون ما به عنوانه ایرانی*** جنبه اینو نداریم

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
This might be my last post on this thread. So those who post after me, forgive me for not responding.

It is really heartbreaking to see some attitudes here.

My loyalties, at least for myself, is very clear. I do care for Iran and her freedom and all people of Iran. If I have tried to bring about any facts about Turkic roots of Azari Turkish language was also because I do care about Iran's integrity. I do believe Iran can remain united only if we adhere to what Iran has stood for for such a long time under Persian speaking or Turkic speaking Iranian kings and has survived under Arab and Mongolian invadors and that is to recognize and respect EVERY IRANIAN the same way the first Iranian king Cyrus did. One of those elements if to respect one's cultural and linguistic idnetity.

However, unfortunately, for the last 100 years or so, a very biased chauvenistic system of education has taught us all that Iran was a Persian speaking country and Persian language is the ONLY thing that binds us. Althoug Persian language is a very important aspect of our great culture but expensing other languages and culture was not and in no way beneficial even to Persian language. So we are all brought up in this system of education and our minds are conditioned to some so called facts that when we confronted with the real truth we react in a very reactionary way, the same way some did and might do again and again.

It might some time until we learn from Westerners how to read and analyze the history in an academic and meaninful way and grab ourselves out of one-way streets we have been speeding full fledge. Hope that day comes and that day will be a beautiful day. Because once we learn to drop this mullah like attitude there will be no mullah or Shah or whoever suppressing us.

Last edited: