The wellness thred ways to battle stress and or depression

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
That is another thing I want to emphasize that is important for wellness. A Psychiatrist or a psychologist alone will not be able to help you out. A Psychiatrist and a psychologist should go hand and hand, and work together. First the Psychiatrist needs to run a series of tests and property diagnose you. They will need to see you a few times to and see which pills will work best. For example, with ADD/ADHD there are two families Anderol and Ritalin

. If one does not work, the other should. Once the Psychiatrist runs their tests, finds the right pill for you, it is time to recommend you to a psychologist. The Psychologist can't do much they can listen to you and say, "How does that make you feel?" Anyone can be a psychologist, you can be a marriage family therapist, with a master's degree. You need brain power in order to be a psychiatrist, you need to be an M.D.

If you have kids only the Psychiatrist Psychiatrist could recommend your kid for special education. The teacher can kick rocks and so can the school councilor if the Psychiatrist is a jerk, he could tell the teacher to go fly a kite and her opinion means nothing to him. The Psychologist is a nobody the Psychiatrist is the God.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
To add to the above post, some schools do MLA or Chicago style. , while others are APA. Most now a days are APA and next is MLA. For example, Cal Pioly is MLA and so is Redlands. UNLV and BYU were-are APA so there was a bit of a learning curve

OWL (google online writing lab Purdue) Purdue is an excellent free writing or English resource. Although Purdue is known for their Engineering; they also havw an excellent English depr. if I do not get the chance to say it tomorrow, happy holidays, just to be PC.
Does Chicago/Harvard/Vancouver referencing style apply to posting links on an internet message board themed on iranian sports though? Or would just pasting the links be OK?

I'm just wondering what the rules are, maybe I'll do a literature search.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Guys i like the doctor already he is German lol he moticed me wesring the jersey. It was supposed to be a 25 min intro, he had a 1 hr 25 min meeting and spoke with my mom. He thinks jo autosm
but yes to ADD and Anxiety, perhaps temperment as well.
He mentioned the pills Zoff, Zanax and Lexipro for the anti depressions and ritilin- Aderol for add.
what I like about the doctor is what he said was if you have a few minutes I would like to run some neurological tests.
I like daddy is not jumping the gun and diagnosing or prescribing without data. He also wamts to talk to my fiance next momth and will recommend a good psychologist and or councilor-therapist. I am in San Diego now just relaxing, it is winter break at BYU aka the Y.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Tehol Bedict Monbut Hala Madrid made a critique before, properly cite your sources. Also, you made the last two. There is no Harvard or Vancouver format. I am an English lit grad, you do not need to cite in APA, for an Iranian website but i can’t turn it in and ofd, like a light switch. I am in academia mode and love the satire humor,
i see what you did there. Also, i won’t cite sources for bundesliga game, unless you count the ESPN table leaderboard I am pretty sure our resident Madrid admin does not even know what Chicago style is, he and most people probably think I am referring to a deep dish pizza, when I say,” Chicago styl.” They might be thinking i am trying to mug - rob them lol

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Guys i like the doctor already he is German lol he moticed me wesring the jersey. It was supposed to be a 25 min intro, he had a 1 hr 25 min meeting and spoke with my mom. He thinks jo autosm
but yes to ADD and Anxiety, perhaps temperment as well.
He mentioned the pills Zoff, Zanax and Lexipro for the anti depressions and ritilin- Aderol for add.
what I like about the doctor is what he said was if you have a few minutes I would like to run some neurological tests.
I like daddy is not jumping the gun and diagnosing or prescribing without data. He also wamts to talk to my fiance next momth and will recommend a good psychologist and or councilor-therapist. I am in San Diego now just relaxing, it is winter break at BYU aka the Y.
Why are you refering to your doctor as daddy?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Tehol Bedict To please our resident Hala Madrid admin who said and i quotw,@ The first part to responsible journalism, is priperly citing your spurces.” So i am coverinf ky rear end and it is good practice lol (p35) Razmy, S, 2021x BYU publishing Volume I- I do not know if this is Tehran University of Sharif style format lol be an arrogant jackass, when you source cite. l I could not reisost taking a dig or a zinger to he whose name(s) shall not be mentioned lol apologies haha

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Also bro auoted today at 4:45 am @Tehol Bedict brother if you suffer from sleep insomnia, i inderstand. Up to a few years ago, I had a wacky sleep pattern (military conditioning) but now, it is all good, i get my & hours and 4 hours of REM sleep. A question for you and there might be a time zone difference, do you get enough sleep?
that could not only affect your weight, but your booty is well. If I do not care about you, I will not ask. If you are not good at picking up on non Verbals, I can teach you best regards.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^My favorite ones btw he was a real USMC Drill Sgt, taht is why Kubiak was so perfect for this role. I memorized them, call it nostalgia.
Here are our picks for the 16 best quotes (or series of quotes) from “Full Metal Jacket.”

1. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “I am Gunnery Sgt. Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be ‘Sir.’ Do you maggots understand that?”
2. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “Bullsh-t. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama’s ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress. I think you’ve been cheated!”

3. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “I bet you’re the kind of guy that would f-ck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I’ll be watching you.”
4. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “You goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary, or I’m gonna stomp your guts out! Now you DO love the Virgin Mary, don’t you?”
5. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “That’s enough! Get on your feet. Pvt. Pyle you had best square your ass away and start sh-tting me Tiffany cufflinks or I will definitely f-ck you up!”
6. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy f-cking walrus-looking piece of sh-t! Get the f-ck off of my obstacle! Get the f-ck down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I’m going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Pvt. Pyle, EVEN IF IT SHORT-D-CKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!”

7. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “I’m asking the f-cking questions here, Pvt.! Do you understand?”
Pvt. Cowboy: “Sir, yes, sir.”
Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “Well, thank you very much! Can I be in charge for a while?”

8. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “Were you born a fat, slimy, scumbag puke piece o’ sh-t, Pvt. Pyle, or did you have to work on it?”
9. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “If it wasn’t for d-ckheads like you, there wouldn’t be any thievery in this world, would there?”
10. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “Holy Jesus! What is that? What the f-ck is that?! What is that, Pvt. Pyle?!”
Pvt. Pyle: “Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!”
Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “A jelly doughnut?”

11. Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: “You forget your f-ckin’ name? 0300. Infantry. You made it.”

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Ya that could be it @Tehol Bedict I think you are onto something there :)This was my proudest moment in the Navy. I was the religious petty officer in boot camp, and everyone has THIS CHARACTER, the PRIVATE PYLE. The fuck up who makes everybody else do extra pushups. They wanted to give him a" soap party," which is when you put soap in a pillow, and you beat the guy, so the bruises won't show.
I told them I am not a snitch, but I cannot participate in this activity, and I encourage you guys not to do the same. Later on, when he was giving me a hard time they informed him of what I did. The next day, all of my socks and uniforms were perfectly ironed and folded, and he had a thank you note on it. True story anyways it's all good my man you are in a different country, that is what I thought. I am so being this guy right now, there are no cluse
inspector Clouseau
Clearly not a true story. If you were in the military you would have known a soap party is done with a sock not a pillow.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Righr, you might in to something there chief., a different country. So wait a minute, not everyone in the world lives in the the United States? ) Well, that should help control the population.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭

. If one does not work, the other should. Once the Psychiatrist runs their tests, finds the right pill for you, it is time to recommend you to a psychologist. The Psychologist can't do much they can listen to you and say, "How does that make you feel?" Anyone can be a psychologist, you can be a marriage family therapist, with a master's degree. You need brain power in order to be a psychiatrist, you need to be an M.D.

The Psychologist is a nobody the Psychiatrist is the God.
Psychology is an important profession. I don't know why you keep putting psychology next to psychiatry which is a medical specialty. They are two different things.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Tehol Bedict I don't know why you keep insisting I am ignoring psychology here is how it works with Healthy Minds.
First the Psychiatrist needs to run a series of neurological tests, and then then the Psychiatrist recommends a psychologist. We are not there yet,
I just conducted my first meeting with this nice German American fellow Dr Ryder.

I am sure after he does a series of tests, and we find the right pills, he will refer me to a qualified psychologist who will take VA and or Health Plan of Nevada. to me Psychiatry and psychology, you can't have one without the other. However, we are just not there yet. Health plan of Nevada and or VA is good because it is free insurance. However, the one flaw is you need to get a referral because they are like HMO's. In a PPO, you pay more up front but then you can go see any doctor, without a referral.

I am sure after a couple of sessions, and a few neurological tests, he will then make a recommendation on the psychologist. Just to clear it up I am NOT against psychology. A good psychologist can be worth his or her weight in gold because they can bring insight that a psychiatrist can't. Really a psychiatrist is God but he is limited, there is only so much he or she can do: The Psychiatrist can run a series of tests and do trial and error, find out what pills work best. The Psychologist takes it from there, he or she can dig in and examine what is going on in your head, on an emotional level. HE or she will be able to dig deeper than what the test results show. So basically, you can't have one without the other. Talking to a psychiatrist, without talking to a psychologist, is like playing football with a helmet on but no pads, you are not fully protected.

I don't know how it works in Europe but here in America: going through anything which has to deal with health insurance and or getting approved for a psychologist/ psychiatrist, takes some doing. Like for example, when did @Pooya mention checks out healthy minds? I believe he talked to me about this, about 6-9 months ago. I just had my first meeting, two ago. So I am going to sound like An American football coach here "you need to trust the process>"

Last edited:

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Brent is actually a family friend of ours. I don't know why you are referring to him as German as he isn't and I'm sure it's not something he would have said.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Ramin He told me his last name is German he is German American and yes that is the same gentleman, Brent Ryder. EH mentioned something about my Germany jersey, when I was wearing it but this is the same guy. Could I ask you something because he is your family friend? Is he a good doctor? My mom, my fiancé and I already like him for the following reasons.
1- He was supposed to only have a 15 min telehealth, he did 1 hour and 15 minutes. He even talked to my mom, and he wants to talk to my fiancé. He is a VERY GOOD GUY I don't care if he is Swahili, Japanese, or German American as long as he is good. Now I am responding to you and commenting because he is your family friend. What a small world, my psychiatrist is your family friend. We have a connection. Seems like he is not one of those Psychiatrists who wants to just perscribe you pills and collect a paycheck> I can see that he is very compassionate and caring. Ryder is a German sur name:
What is the meaning of name Ryder? The meaning of Ryder is “One who rides, Horseman”. so that just means horseman. I even say happy holidays to you. Ramin jan rememner, i am ot saying i am one but we have about 50,000,000 German Americans, compared to 30,000,000 Italian Americans. Germany’s population is anout the same as Iran. There are only 25,00,000 more Germans than German Americans. Compare thet to Russian or Iranian American, about 3,00,000-1,000,000. Also ,
Probably don’t know this but English got voted as our official language by one vote. Probably don’t know this but English got voted as our official language by one vote. Legend has it, Got there was a German carriage or delegate with two people that would’ve voted for German but it broke down. When they say one vote does not matter, it matters. What i am saying is putside of our constitution and laws being influenced by the English, America has quite a bit of German influence. Why do you think we celebrate November fest ? Without taroof happy holidays, let’s at least be peaceful dining Christmas- New Years and thanks for not being an ass right now.
Basically, long story LONG, I am getting the proper medical help, and will get refered to a good paychologist. Dr. Brent Ryder is good people, my mom and fiance already havw a good feeling about him, as do i. So ya man let me know if you are in Vegas, and yoh can spreken ze deutsche to all to my German- German American frienda, unril your heart is contenr. Just rememner these beautoful words; Mia San Mia.That is all you need to say with mein freunds.

Last edited:

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
@Ramin He told me his last name is German he is German American and yes that is the same gentleman, Brent Ryder. EH mentioned something about my Germany jersey, when I was wearing it but this is the same guy. Could I ask you something because he is your family friend? Is he a good doctor? My mom, my fiancé and I already like him for the following reasons.
1- He was supposed to only have a 15 min telehealth, he did 1 hour and 15 minutes. He even talked to my mom, and he wants to talk to my fiancé. He is a VERY GOOD GUY I don't care if he is Swahili, Japanese, or German American as long as he is good. Now I am responding to you and commenting because he is your family friend. What a small world, my psychiatrist is your family friend. We have a connection. Seems like he is not one of those Psychiatrists who wants to just perscribe you pills and collect a paycheck> I can see that he is very compassionate and caring. Ryder is a German sur name:
What is the meaning of name Ryder? The meaning of Ryder is “One who rides, Horseman”. so that just means horseman. I even say happy holidays to you. Ramin jan rememner, i am ot saying i am one but we have about 50,000,000 German Americans, compared to 30,000,000 Italian Americans. Germany’s population is anout the same as Iran. There are only 25,00,000 more Germans than German Americans. Compare thet to Russian or Iranian American, about 3,00,000-1,000,000. Also ,
Probably don’t know this but English got voted as our official language by one vote. Probably don’t know this but English got voted as our official language by one vote. Legend has it, Got there was a German carriage or delegate with two people that would’ve voted for German but it broke down. When they say one vote does not matter, it matters. What i am saying is putside of our constitution and laws being influenced by the English, America has quite a bit of German influence. Why do you think we celebrate November fest ? Without taroof happy holidays, let’s at least be peaceful dining Christmas- New Years and thanks for not being an ass right now.
Basically, long story LONG, I am getting the proper medical help, and will get refered to a good paychologist. Dr. Brent Ryder is good people, my mom and fiance already havw a good feeling about him, as do i. So ya man let me know if you are in Vegas, and yoh can spreken ze deutsche to all to my German- German American frienda, unril your heart is contenr. Just rememner these beautoful words; Mia San Mia.That is all you need to say with mein freunds.
I don't know about how good or bad he is. But where did you hear that English got voted as the official US language by one vote? The US does not have an official language.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@RaminS This is one of those legends in here say stories so you’re not going to see it in a historical contex, Like the battle of Gettysburg.
The United States does not have an official language you are right about that but the language they decided to utilize was English and there was a carriage with two German delegates.
That means we would haved been German sympathetic in WW2
it makes sense though and it is believable.

Urban Legend: German almost the official language in US (watzmann.net)
An excerpt from the article:
On January 13, 1795, Congress considered a proposal, not to give German any official status, but merely to print the federal laws in German as well as English. During the debate, a motion to adjourn failed by one vote. The final vote rejecting the translation of federal laws, which took place one month later, is not recorded.

The translation proposal itself originated as a petition to Congress on March 20, 1794, from a group of Germans living in Augusta, Virginia. A House committee responding to that petition recommended publishing sets of the federal statutes in English and distributing them to the states, together with the publication of three thousand sets of laws in German, "for the accommodation of such German citizens of the United States, as do not understand the English language." (American State Papers ser. 10, v. 1:114). According to the succinct report in the Aurora Gazette, "A great variety of plans were proposed, but none that seemed to meet the general sense of the House." (22 January, 1795, p. 3).

A vote to adjourn and sit again on the recommendation failed, 42 to 41, but there is no reason to believe from this close vote that more than token support existed for publishing the laws in German. The vote to adjourn seems to have been interpreted by the House as a vote of no confidence both in the committee's recommendation to translate the laws and in its recommendation on the distribution of the sets of laws once they were published in English. While there is no record of debate on the translation provision that day, if sentiment on the issue in Congress was anything like sentiment in Pennsylvania, translation was probably opposed by a substantial majority of the representatives.

On the other hand, the committee's plan for distributing the sets of laws did provoke some strong disagreement in the House. After objections to the latter were aired, a new committee was formed and asked to report again, and the House agreed to adjourn. It is from the close interim vote, not on an actual bill but on adjournment, that the so-called "German vote" legend has been built.

One month later, on February 16, 1795, the House once again considered the question of promulgating the laws, and among the issues, once again, was translating the federal statutes into German. This time some of the actual debate has been preserved. Rep. Thomas Hartley of Pennsylvania argued that "it was perhaps desirable that the Germans should learn English; but if it is our object to give present information, we should do it in the language understood. The Germans who are advanced in years cannot learn our language in a day. It would be generous in the Government to inform those persons. Many honest men, in the late disturbances [the Whiskey Rebellion], were led away by misrepresentation; ignorance of the laws laid them open to deception."

Rep. William V. Murray of Maryland, who opposed translating the laws into German, countered "that it had never been the custom in England to translate the laws into Welsh or Gaelic, and yet the great bulk of the Welsh, and some hundred thousands of people in Scotland, did not understand a word of English." (Annals of Congress 4:1228-29) The House finally approved publication of current and future federal statutes in English only. The bill was agreed to by the Senate and signed by President Washington the following month.

The January vote on adjournment is sometimes known as "the Muhlenberg Vote," after the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Pennsylvania's Frederick Augustus Muhlenberg, a Federalist who spoke German with difficulty, so it is claimed, and who was at any rate a member of a prominent family of assimilated Germans who favored English as the language of education and religion (Dorpalen 1942, 178). Although the roll call vote does not survive, tradition has it that Muhlenberg stepped down to cast the deciding negative, thereby dooming German in America to minority-language status. Tradition notwithstanding, too much weight should not be given to the fact that the Speaker was not in the chair on this occasion. It was common for the Speaker to step down, and Muhlenburg did so on many other occasions during the Third Congress. Even a positive vote on the adjournment issue could not have led to approval of German translations of the laws, a concession which the Congress has repeatedly refused to make ever since.

Nonetheless, Muhlenberg was blamed for selling out German language interests by Franz L�her, whose 1847 "History and Achievements of the Germans in America" presents a garbled though frequently cited account of what is supposed to have happened.

Last edited: