Thread dedicated to the great "Nasser Hejazi"

Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
Thanks for this video clip kasra jan , the last time Hejazi played for Iran , sad day for us in all fronts , lost the game and our 10 years unbeaten run in Asia ,lost our best player for ever and start of 8 dark years of an unwanted war ....days of worry and uncertainty , 33 years later some of those worries are still with us ...although our legendary Eagle has left us for a better place in an eternal flight ....

I noticed all the Kuwaiti players lining up to shake Hejazi's hand at the end of the game and he so gracefully greeted and congratulated them ,such a great sport he was ...
A humble man with a huge heart. Roohet shaad, Naser Khan.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
406472_288343511274592_1273766520_n.jpg

این لحظه بثمر رسیدن گل دوم کویت است . از دست ناصر حجازی علیرغم شیرجه بلند کاری ساخته نیست .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
View attachment 34629

این لحظه بثمر رسیدن گل دوم کویت است . از دست ناصر حجازی علیرغم شیرجه بلند کاری ساخته نیست .
Kasra jan Iwas going to put a like for this picture but then again I thought I don't really like this ....roohesh shad ...this must have been his greatest achievement scoring against the legendary Hejazi in semi final ,from the highlight of the game they deserved this win ,we were low on moral and all over the place ,Roshan ,Abdollahi ,Danayeefar were not themselves really ...none of them were ,even Barzegari didn't show anything worth while ....

I get flash backs of those sad days ,losing this game and the war and then a few fights with Iraqis and their arab mates outside the night clubs which we dish out our own revenge on them ....with style ! because we were outnumbered hugely but we made up for it with our Iranian genes !

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Kasra jan Iwas going to put a like for this picture but then again I thought I don't really like this ....roohesh shad ...this must have been his greatest achievement scoring against the legendary Hejazi in semi final ,from the highlight of the game they deserved this win ,we were low on moral and all over the place ,Roshan ,Abdollahi ,Danayeefar were not themselves really ...none of them were ,even Barzegari didn't show anything worth while ....

I get flash backs of those sad days ,losing this game and the war and then a few fights with Iraqis and their arab mates outside the night clubs which we dish out our own revenge on them ....with style ! because we were outnumbered hugely but we made up for it with our Iranian genes !

1001772_527496807298502_1556281241_n.jpg

oghab jan,this is your response that I find out after Iran vs kuwait game in 1980.......from donyaye varzesh...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
You know, I've watched most of the videos available from Iran's glorious era in the 70s. I grew up watching them in 80s and 90s. And I've watched them in recent times.

It's interesting that never in any game did Iran's football look beautiful or impressive! Regardless of the result, it has always been aimless and shitty :)

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
You know, I've watched most of the videos available from Iran's glorious era in the 70s. I grew up watching them in 80s and 90s. And I've watched them in recent times.

It's interesting that never in any game did Iran's football look beautiful or impressive! Regardless of the result, it has always been aimless and shitty :)
well,aziz jan ,I can not say ,never!!!! in era 70s,year by year,our football was growing up ,and reaching to the point,we held Argentina in santiago bernabeau in madarid in front of 70,000 crowd.A year later,Argentina became WC champion.this game was the best game in history of Iran football,and hassan nazari shirt was held in his memory in the real madrid museum for ever.Alfredo distefano,the great all time player,of real madrid,praised Iran national team,and confessed he never thought an asian team,being so atrong that held argentina, even argentina team and cesar menotti,praised iranian team,after the game.

2)Against poland in montreal olympic,we did a great football and great job.poland was the third best team in the world.with the best strikers in the world,lato,and csarmaj.and dayna the best player in 74,after cruyeff,and becken bauer.

3)against scotland in WC,with all man united players,.....
4) against peru,although we lost,but see the posession in second half,we were domoinant,in most of the time.....
5)against Australia in tehran,in 1973,we beat them 2-0.....
Against south korea and israel,great games and poseesion in asian olympic 1973.....

these are few examples that we did a good football.....ofcourse,nobody says,Iran deserved to win the WC.....but imagine that,our WC 78 team,in 82,86,90,....we had a great and solid GK like nasser hejazi,with great players like roshan,barzegari,danaeiffar,ghassempour and etc.....

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Kasrajan, I'm not saying we didn't get good results. It's the style of play that has always been quite boring with little fluidity.

My point was to bring it to the attention of folks who say Carlos Quieroz's team plays crappy unattractive football. I think Iran has always played crappy unattractive football. Our teams never reach the kind of harmony that allows for fluidity.

It's quite surprising considering the very curvy and soft nature of our arts (music, architecture, dance, food, speech, writing, ...). Iranians have been quite artistic people, but never in a collective form (team/class/organization/corporation/government). Our recent volleyball success is quite exceptional and perhaps short-lived.

Look at that Kuwaiti team in 1980! I haven't seen passes like that in Team Melli all my life :) Even when we played well, it was always broken, disruptive and downright boring.

Oct 1, 2004
I don't quite know why but I didn't like it. Knowing who the writers of this show are and what it originally started from, I'm not surprised that they play up Iran like this all the time, but I wish they didn't associate the legend's name with anything like that, even if they didn't necessarily besmirch him.

Also considering alot of congressman and politician types in DC watch this show it will give them some funny ideas. Just wait when TM comes to the States in May for that 4 team tournament!

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Thanks for info Mahdi jan.

A show that regurgitates and rehashes a certain narrative of Iranians/ Arabs/ Muslims (we're all the same to them) and broadcasts them. F this show, F Argo and all the like. American cinema always casts certain people (Blacks, Russians, Middle Easterners/ Muslims etc.) into a negative limelight. They always need the "other" to define "us" (no pun intended) - they only shed light on their nature ("goodness"/ "wholesomeness") through this dichotomy.

Isn't this based off an Israeli show?

Last edited:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
I don't quite know why but I didn't like it. Knowing who the writers of this show are and what it originally started from, I'm not surprised that they play up Iran like this all the time, but I wish they didn't associate the legend's name with anything like that, even if they didn't necessarily besmirch him.

Also considering alot of congressman and politician types in DC watch this show it will give them some funny ideas. Just wait when TM comes to the States in May for that 4 team tournament!
Is that May tournament going to happen? Any more info.