TM (discussion about politics)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I think we need to be open-minded here.

It's absolutely fine to not support or even hate Team Melli/IR Iran/Iran/Mullah team or however it is seen by the individual.
This is only toop bazi, it isn't the blood of kids on the street which we are seeingf every day.

It should be fine to feel conflicted and hope that something happens which helps the revolution, even if that's naive....
Overt happiness in the current situation for me feels very wrong and can and should be called out, respectfully, if the person is quite about the situation in iran.

I personally think it is fine to mix football and politics in the football forum, as long as we don't personally insult fellow members. It is a shame to lose a member who has been here since the late 90s.

These are unique and challenging times for everyone emotionally, psychologically.
Yes ideally it shouldn't be a problem but then you get a few wankers trolls appearing out of nowhere insulting and dictating to others what to do and say .

Nov 29, 2002
The bald thumb man who burst into tears at the anthem is pro regime from what everyone is saying. Frustrating as I'm listening to football podcasts who are mentioning him...

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
Dr Strangemoosh, I listened to the same podcast last night. The Iran fan made a lot of valid comments to back up his point that TM had clearly supported the uprising in Iran, given all the suppression they too are under.

i also listen to guardian football weekltly (now daily) podcast. They too have been full of admiration for TM and sympathetic to Iranians seeking freedom.
BTW, you have the funniest name on this site🙂 Akways cracked me up. Mooshs are tricky even when they are not strange🙂

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I hate the fact that WC has coincided with our revolution. I also dislike several members of TM for their Nokar Sefati and lack of courage to stand with the people. But under no circumstances we should hand TM over to the Mullahs. ISP'ers know more than anyone how much TM has done for national unity in Iran.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Well in an ideal world but in reality it doesn't work , you get conflict of interest and like today a valued member like ME gets so upset that decides to leave after 23 years 😕
Many others done the same , I almost did but was obliged by the request of a dear friend not to and I couldn't bring myself to let him down.

ME is a very valuable member and been around for a long time and he actually is very vocal about the current affairs going on back home .

It will be a great loss to lose him 😢
The “ideal world” is what one makes it. It’s all a matter of perspective and priority, so is the true meaning of the word “loss”!

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
I hate the fact that WC has coincided with our revolution. I also dislike several members of TM for their Nokar Sefati and lack of courage to stand with the people. But under no circumstances we should hand TM over to the Mullahs. ISP'ers know more than anyone how much TM has done for national unity in Iran.
I agree. At the same time, a relationship is a two way street and remains to be seen if this group of players want to be team Melli or team of Islamic republic.

If the team wants to be the team of the nation, they have to act like it. At the very least they have to support their team mate and demand his release and other athletes. Many other athletes have shown their support and even resigned, this group of players must do the same to be named team Melli of people of Iran.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
The “ideal world” is what one makes it. It’s all a matter of perspective and priority, so is the true meaning of the word “loss”!
Sorry but ONE doesn't make the ideal world , it takes a collective effort by all involved .
Losing a friend and valued member may not be a loss to you as ONE individual, but to those of US who value his contributions over the years is a LOSS .

Nov 16, 2022
Someone said ''I hate the fact that WC has coincided with our revolution.'' Really? Should we postpone our revolution for your tiny corrupt arab ''world cup'' ?

Wow, how selfish someone must be to prefer their own personal entertainment. Crazy!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Sorry but ONE doesn't make the ideal world , it takes a collective effort by all involved .
Losing a friend and valued member may not be a loss to you as ONE individual, but to those of US who value his contributions over the years is a LOSS .
He started in discussions and responded at least 5 big messages, and he also used words like who are you and phrases that was not super nice. At the end, he was the one that day get lost. He is at fault here based on ISP rules too. It is just we need to learn people might have opinions that don't match and live with it.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Based on ISP rules, if you start in discussion and exchange nice things, both are at fault. If you don't want that, stop the conversation and report the individual.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Someone said ''I hate the fact that WC has coincided with our revolution.'' Really? Should we postpone our revolution for your tiny corrupt arab ''world cup'' ?

Wow, how selfish someone must be to prefer their own personal entertainment. Crazy!
I think you didn't understand
He means that this world cup might derail the revolution by taking attention to football.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
One lives within the reality that one creates for oneself. And ONE is indeed very powerful to make a change in the world. Every word and every action can make a difference for better or worse. This kind of defeatist attitude that we as individuals have no power and a saviour is coming some day is usually propagated by repressive and tyrannical ideologies like the Islamic republic, to which I don not subscribe.

And how exactly did you “lose” a friend? I’m sure he’s still around and if you are “friends” he’ll be happy to share his comments with you. At any rate, it is fine to have different priorities and different perspective; I conclude my remarks to you and wish you well.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
One lives within the reality that one creates for oneself. And ONE is indeed very powerful to make a change in the world. Every word and every action can make a difference for better or worse. This kind of defeatist attitude that we as individuals have no power and a saviour is coming some day is usually propagated by repressive and tyrannical ideologies like the Islamic republic, to which I don not subscribe.

And how exactly did you “lose” a friend? I’m sure he’s still around and if you are “friends” he’ll be happy to share his comments with you. At any rate, it is fine to have different priorities and different perspective; I conclude my remarks to you and wish you well.
Sorry but you're completely taking what we originally talked about out of context and linking it to something totally irrelevant.

Never mind though, thank you for your well wishes and likewise I wish you well.

Last edited: