TM Iran Information Thread

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The only person that could come in and pick things up is Carlos !
And I was reading rumours of him taking over either Iran or Iraq!
I doubt he would go to any them but if I was to pick between the two probably Iran.
Unlikely but if it happens I'll welcome it.
Unless there is a total change in IFF and Iran's sports ministry today, there is no way CQ would come back to Iran after how he was humiliated after the last AC.

Ps. Under this regime, there is no way they will bring back CQ as TM head coach either. After all, he makes life difficult for them to make enough money.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Another thing is why has he just flat out replaced the centre back partnership of PAG and Majid Hosseini? They are faster and more dominant than Khalilzadeh and Kanaani.
That's what I like to know as well...
All I can think of is that Iran's football mafia wanted their favorite players to start instead and Skocic is giving it to them.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Unless there is a total change in IFF and Iran's sports ministry today, there is no way CQ would come back to Iran after how he was humiliated after the last AC.

Ps. Under this regime, there is no way they will bring back CQ as TM head coach either. After all, he makes life difficult for them to make enough money.
I respectfully disagree with you on both.
CQ was not humiliated, his contra ct was not extended after the loss. He was sacked by Columbia after he lost. This is kind of ordinary.
Yes his opponents were assholes, but assholes make up for 99% of those who. make decisions in football.

Regime under Ahmadi Nejad worked with CQ and CQ in fact was happy with '''''an. Raisi is not better or worse.
IRI want people engaged in something and happy with something. TM serves that purpose. They will support it.

people who know little football know that the lucky stretch run we had is going to be over. Skocic can not handle Japan, Korea, Ausies, Saudis, Iraq with CQ in charge. That is our first 5 teams.
Our players are going to be a 50/50 match for UAE, Oman with Branko in charge, China, Syria
TM should handle Vietnam, Lebanon

This should tell all of us including IFF were we will end up in this campaign. They also know they have no better option than CQ who is willing to come to Iran. The news that they have talked to CQ and the disagreement is over the fee confirms that.

Jan 26, 2006
Regime under Ahmadi Nejad worked with CQ and CQ in fact was happy with '''''an. Raisi is not better or worse.
Bradar, Raisi asked to be directly involved in torture in ways that can't even be described. He makes An look like an angel. We are about to reach new levels of darkness in our history.

Other point is that CQ took over in the last year of AN's presidency, at a time when he had lost his power and was being summoned under the judiciary. I don't think AN was either here or there when it came to Queiroz.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Admit it, wining 4 straight games (yes, even against teams you mentioned, specially against 2 arab teams) when you are with your back against the wall is a good accomplishment.
Sorry, but to me it is zero accomplishments
I consider accomplishments such as winning AFC nation cup, going to second round of world cup or qualifying for the world cup at minimum.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Bradar, Raisi asked to be directly involved in torture in ways that can't even be described. He makes An look like an angel. We are about to reach new levels of darkness in our history.

Other point is that CQ took over in the last year of AN's presidency, at a time when he had lost his power and was being summoned under the judiciary. I don't think AN was either here or there when it came to Queiroz.
Your concern is definitely legit, but I am talking more in the line of "Ab ke az sar gozasht che 1 vajab, che 100 vajab". The best option was crippling sanctions, hunger and poverty, average one execution every 8 hours, 10 times jump in dollar price, 100 times jump in price of goods and housing, shooting down passenger plane, and wide spread corruption. In terms of misery, that qualifies for at least "1 vajab".

Oct 18, 2010
iran may not get to play at home due to lack of var
according to inside sources.
that's if afc approves var for the final round of
qualification.

based on the draw procedure, details left
as an exercise for the reader, this is iran's schedule :LOL:

September 2: Iran vs Oman/Syria (pot 5)
September 7: Iraq/China (pot 4) vs Iran
October 7: Saudi Arabia/UAE (pot 3) vs Iran
October 12: Iran vs Australia/South Korea (Pot 2)
November 11: Vietnam/Lebanon (Pot 6) vs Iran
November 16: Oman/Syria vs Iran
January 27: Iran vs Iraq/China
Feb 1: Iran vs KSA/UAE
March 24: Australia/South Korea vs Iran
March 29: Iran vs Vietnam/Lebanon

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
iran may not get to play at home due to lack of var
according to inside sources.
that's if afc approves var for the final round of
qualification.

based on the draw procedure, details left
as an exercise for the reader, this is iran's schedule :LOL:

September 2: Iran vs Oman/Syria (pot 5)
September 7: Iraq/China (pot 4) vs Iran
October 7: Saudi Arabia/UAE (pot 3) vs Iran
October 12: Iran vs Australia/South Korea (Pot 2)
November 11: Vietnam/Lebanon (Pot 6) vs Iran
November 16: Oman/Syria vs Iran
January 27: Iran vs Iraq/China
Feb 1: Iran vs KSA/UAE
March 24: Australia/South Korea vs Iran
March 29: Iran vs Vietnam/Lebanon

Best option based on my opinion:
September 2: Iran vs Oman (pot 5)
September 7: China (pot 4) vs Iran
October 7: UAE (pot 3) vs Iran
October 12: Iran vs South Korea (Pot 2)
November 11: Vietnam (Pot 6) vs Iran
November 16: Oman vs Iran
January 27: Iran vs China
Feb 1: Iran vs UAE
March 24: South Korea vs Iran
March 29: Iran vs Vietnam

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I respectfully disagree with you on both.
CQ was not humiliated, his contra ct was not extended after the loss. He was sacked by Columbia after he lost. This is kind of ordinary.
Yes his opponents were assholes, but assholes make up for 99% of those who. make decisions in football.

IRI want people engaged in something and happy with something. TM serves that purpose. They will support it.

people who know little football know that the lucky stretch run we had is going to be over. Skocic can not handle Japan, Korea, Ausies, Saudis, Iraq with CQ in charge. That is our first 5 teams.
Our players are going to be a 50/50 match for UAE, Oman with Branko in charge, China, Syria
TM should handle Vietnam, Lebanon

This should tell all of us including IFF were we will end up in this campaign. They also know they have no better option than CQ who is willing to come to Iran. The news that they have talked to CQ and the disagreement is over the fee confirms that.
I wished the case was as simple as us losing in the AC and CQ's contract not getting extended. But in reality CQ was tricked into signing the contract until the Asian cup with a mindset that the contract would be extended until the next WC when the issues with money transfer was solved. The whole plot from the beginning was to sack him after the AC when/if we didn't get to win it. CQ himself said, if I knew from the beginning that this was their plan, I would have never signed a 2 year contract. and after that, all the circus they created in the media with Misaghi and Khiabani as the cheerleaders, denigrating CQ, in a try to prepare people's minds for his departure without major criticism. That was a major humiliation after all he had done for us.

As for the regime....... for 8 years, CQ verbally drew high officials in the government into a corner, criticizing them for their lack of professionalism. He even made a few top officials in the federation (read football mafia) who were constantly disturbing his plans, to be sacked. He even openly criticized the country's sports minister! Since he was popular among the people, he was getting too powerful for the regime to handle. From the regime's point of view, he had to leave. Now there isn't anyone who would disturb the people up there to continue making money from football and they want to keep it that way.

Anyways..... I guess we don't even need to speculate whether they will bring him back or not anymore: :rolleyes:

https://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=531440

Specially when people like these are still alive and give their opinions as our so called football experts:

https://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=531429

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
All I'm hoping for is that with all the sanctions they've been going through, in addition to lack of medicine, the pandemic problem and the regime getting close to bankruptcy, he would be forced to cooperate with the Western countries and take it where Rouhani left off. Otherwise, you are unfortunately right!

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I consider accomplishments such as winning AFC nation cup, going to second round of world cup or qualifying for the world cup at minimum.
It seems that you have high expectations from TM, but I also see the lack of management (just look at our country, no international game is allowed due to Corona, yet Bahrian and other arab countries can manage it better), that's why I cut TM a slack.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Maybe you have forgotten that we were on the verge of getting knocked out of the WCQ just a week ago! First you need to think about qualifying to the WC, then you can think about accomplishments. He made the former happen easier than any other coach in the past 42 years.

Nov 24, 2002
I can confirm from my source who is close to Azizi Khadem, that there were talks between CQ and IFF. IFF is free to deny it, but there were some talks through 3rd party, as CQ doesn't have good relation himself with Azizi Khadem. I can't go more on details but there is quiet huge gap between IFF proposal and CQ request.

CQ better accept IFF proposal after what happened with Colombia.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
but there is quiet huge gap between IFF proposal and CQ request.
You mean CQ gave them an offer they couldn't accept? What a surprise. :)

BTW
CQ better accept IFF proposal after what happened with Colombia.
or maybe we should rather accept his after what happened to us with Wilmots. We really need this man in our football and what ever he requests is worth it IMO.