TM Iran Information Thread

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Let's discuss our DRAW I think we are in the World Cup Qatar. We are WORST case going to qualify as a #2 WORST CASE. I prefer South Korea over Australia, UAE over KAS and Iraq over china PR because they are spending $$. Group B with Japan Australia KSA and CHINA(that is the group of death)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Let's discuss our DRAW I think we are in the World Cup Qatar. We are WORST case going to qualify as a #2 WORST CASE. I prefer South Korea over Australia, UAE over KAS and Iraq over china PR because they are spending $$. Group B with Japan Australia KSA and CHINA(that is the group of death)
I agree with you but the Iraq-China part. We have usually easier games against China than Iraq.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
خاک بر سر این مملکتی که ما داریم و تمام کسایی که یک سمتی دارند!!!

Iraq is going to be a team to look out for!!!

موافقت کی‌روش با پیشنهاد فدراسیون عراق
سرمربی سابق ایران با پیشنهاد فدراسیون فوتبال عراق موافقت کرده است.

به گزارش همشهری آنلاین نخست وزیر عراق اخیرا اعلام کرده بود که هزینه انتخاب سرمربی تیم ملی این کشور را تامین خواهد کرد تا این تیم برای مقدماتی جام جهانی یک سرمربی مطرح را به خدمت بگیرد. حالا یک رسانه عراقی از مذاکره با دو گزینه مطرح برای نشستن روی نیمکت تیم ملی این کشور خبر داده است که گویا شانس کی روش در این بین بیشتر است.
به‌نوشته روزنامه الصباح بغداد؛ «گزینه‌های هدایت تیم ملی عراق بین دو نام کارلوس کی‌روش پرتغالی و دیک ادووکات هلندی محدود شده است اما در صورتی که توافق با این دو گزینه حاصل نشود میروسلاو اسکوب که سرمربی فعلی تیم المپیک عراق است به‌عنوان آخرین گزینه انتخاب خواهد شد.
یک منبع نزدیک به کمیته عادی‌سازی فدراسیون فوتبال عراق در گفت‌وگوی اختصاصی با روزنامه الصباح ورزشی در این خصوص گفت: در نشست اعضای کمیته فنی موضوعات زیادی مورد بحث و بررسی قرار گرفت که یکی از آنها انتخاب سرمربی جدید تیم ملی بود.
سرمربی سابق تیم ملی ایران، کارلوس کی‌روش و دیک ادووکات هلندی گزینه‌های نهایی مورد نظر هستند، در این بین از طریق یکی از دستیاران کی‌روش با وی مذاکره شده است که با پیشنهاد دو و نیم میلیون یورو موافقت اولیه خودش را اعلام کرده است، در همین حال مدیر برنامه‌های دیک ادووکات هلندی هم اعلام کرده است این مربی به حضور در کادر فنی تیم ملی عراق علاقه‌مند است. کمیته فنی فدراسیون فوتبال عراق با وجود این مقرر کرد در صورتی که به هر دلیلی توافق لازم با یکی از این دو مربی صورت نگیرد مربی تیم ملی المپیک هدایت تیم ملی عراق را به‌عهده خواهد گرفت.»

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I hope it is too late too little for them
I also believe cQ is not the best choice for them
CQ needed couple of years in Iran to show his full effect, he is not going to have that much lay time in Iraq
Iraqis are not as good as players as Iranians, they have only few legionaries, best of them playing for an average team in Russia.
Iran was a cash infused country, with a lot better domestic league, twice as much as population, just going under sanctions when CQ arrived.
Iraq is a short-budget country, in turmoil, crappy league, broken economy, and basically 40 years into war. Hard to believe but they are also less honest and straightforward in business than Iranians.

The moment they miss CQs first payment he will say adios and this will happen within 6 months.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The moment they miss CQs first payment he will say adios and this will happen within 6 months.
I'm sure after having to deal with the Iranian authorities for 8 years, CQ has got the experience not to sign a deal which would get him there. He would most likely cover all the potential problems in his contract. Advance payment could be an example.

Anyways.... Iraq has always been a very difficult opponent for us. If not now, addition of CQ and setting their football in order by him, could make life really tough on us later. They have the means and the players to strengthen their football properly at Asian standard in a couple of years and they are not under sanctions! They could also be more appreciative than we were when we had CQ (keeping him for as long as they can).

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
خدا را شکر!!!

توافق کی روش و فدراسیون عراق منتفی شد | شرط عجیب سرمربی پرتغالی برای عراقی ها
کی روش برای قبول هدایت تیم ملی عراق شرطی را تعیین کرده بود که گویا مورد مخالفت مسئولان فدراسیون این کشور قرار گرفته است.

به گزارش همشهری آنلاین در حالی که برخی از رسانه خبر از توافق نهایی کی روش با تیم ملی عراق داده بودند اما سردبیر نشریه العالم در یک خبر اختصاصی از به هم خوردن این توافق در لحظه آخر خبر داده است.
«منتظر ناصر» سردبیر نشریه «العالم الجدید» فاش کرد که مذاکرات عراقی‌ها با کی روش به چند دلیل منتفی شده است.«مذاکرات فدراسیون عراق و کارلوس کی روش به چند دلیل شکست خورد که مهمترین آن مشورت با کاتانچ سرمربی سابق تیم ملی برای حضور در عراق و البته مخالفت با اقامت مربی پرتغالی در دوبی بوده است.»
کی روش پیش از حضور در تیم ملی ایران هم با مربیان سابق تیم کشورمان از جمله برانکو ایوانکوویچ مشورت کرده و نظرات مثبت برانکو او را به کار در ایران ترغیب کرده بود. هرچند روابط این دو مربی در سال‌های آخر کار کی روش در ایران تیره شد.
از سوی دیگر به نظر می‌رسد شرط اقامت کی روش در امارات به دلیل مسائل امنیتی در کشور عراق از سوی این مربی پرتغالی مطرح شده است که به گفته منتظر ناصر، این شرط مورد قبول قرار نگرفته است.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I actually wanted this to happen, would be a great way to really judge him and see where he takes Iraq.
You couldn't really judge him based on coaching another country though. I mean another country, another culture, other circumstances. What we know is, he was good for us. The rest is irrelevant.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
You couldn't really judge him based on coaching another country though. I mean another country, another culture, other circumstances. What we know is, he was good for us. The rest is irrelevant.
Agree, however judging by your comments "khodaro Shokr" and this is not good news for TM etc, are you not making the judgement he is going to be successful in Iraq?

Feb 4, 2005
Agree, however judging by your comments "khodaro Shokr" and this is not good news for TM etc, are you not making the judgement he is going to be successful in Iraq?
He will be successful in any of the countries where he can instill his style of play into them (not a place like Colombia of course). Basically telling them (in this case Iraqis) that they couldn't score if their lives depended on it so it's better to defend well as a unit (regardless of how crappy the game may look like in the eyes of spectators). Imagine if was given 1-2 years with Iraq. I'm sure he'd be able to take them to WC or a respectable place in Asian Cup and that is success for Iraq football. Would he be able to do it in less than a year? I'd say no.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
True. Although my reaction was mostly based on "if" he was gonna be successful there rather than he will be. If successful, Iraq would have become a dangerous team. If not..... that had still nothing to do with his time with us.

Having said that, as PI says, I have a feeling he would have most likely been successful there because if the reasons he mentioned.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
He will be successful in any of the countries where he can instill his style of play into them (not a place like Colombia of course). Basically telling them (in this case Iraqis) that they couldn't score if their lives depended on it so it's better to defend well as a unit (regardless of how crappy the game may look like in the eyes of spectators). Imagine if was given 1-2 years with Iraq. I'm sure he'd be able to take them to WC or a respectable place in Asian Cup and that is success for Iraq football. Would he be able to do it in less than a year? I'd say no.
Well, "parking the bus" so to speak, is good for 1-2 games, but to win or qualify from your group etc you really need to score. Having said that, hey, look at 2004 Greece! they won by pretty much just defending so it has happened but few and far between.

True. Although my reaction was mostly based on "if" he was gonna be successful there rather than he will be. If successful, Iraq would have become a dangerous team. If not..... that had still nothing to do with his time with us.

Having said that, as PI says, I have a feeling he would have most likely been successful there because if the reasons he mentioned.
lol Sly jaan, khob maloome, he is either going to be successful or not dige! :) anyway, as PI also said, I dont think he would make "THAT MUCH" of an impact in a year, so should not have mattered as far as WC qualification is a concern for TM.