TM Iran Information Thread

Oct 18, 2010
great job by the girls qualifying for the first time ever to the ac.
i just checked the wiki page and this competition has been running
since 1975!

i just hope we get grouped with india from pot 1 as the hosts.
otherwise we get to play one of australia, china or japan.
that will be ugly, minimum a 10 goal loss is expected :eek:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Only 11 out of 23 man squad from IPL and Arab leagues! The rest from Europe!

And I like the list of the clubs mentioned for all our 3 goalkeepers! ;) First time in our history!

Oct 18, 2010
iran is not as big a favorite for tomorrow's match as in the
previous 2 qualifiers.

first, uae is undefeated in their last 10 matches, lot of draws.

second, the rich kids in the emirates must be betting heavily
on them which forces the bookies to lower iran odds to
balance their books which is sweet music for iran bettors :ROFLMAO:

Untitled.png

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
AFC Article
Dubai: United Arab Emirates must win or risk falling behind in the race to qualify for the FIFA World Cup when they host Iran in what looms as a pivotal AFC Asian Qualifiers - Road to Qatar clash on Thursday.
Mehdi Taremi arrives in Dubai fresh from becoming the first player from his country to score against Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League, while Sardar Azmoun – suspended for last month’s win over Syria - has scored a goal every 120 minutes of playing time for Russian champions Zenit this season.

With AEK Athens striker Karim Ansarifard and Belgium-based Kaveh Rezaei also in the squad, Team Melli coach Dragan Skočić has no shortage of options, but it was the Iranian defence which shone brightest in last month’s successes against Syria and Iraq.
Team Melli also have an outstanding record against the UAE, losing only once in 16 prior meetings between the two sides, and inflicting AFC Asian Cup defeats in both 2011 and 2015.

https://www.the-afc.com/en/national/asian_qualifiers/news/group_a_preview_uae_v_ir_iran.html

Last edited:

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA