TM Iran Information Thread

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
WTH is wrong with Taremi? Why does he play so amateurish when he plays in TM? How many chances does he have to miss?

Jahanbakhsh could be someone to sub out in the second half.

So far, Moharrami has played really well and I continue to be impressed by Nourafkan!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Thoughts on the game.
1-Iran did just enough to win
2-I hate refrees from Australia, they are so damn biased. The Australian ref(Not Benny Williams Christian something) picked up the UAE player from the ground, when he fell. I me an can you be any more prejudice, might as well bring the guy some Baklava, while you are at it. In fact if Iran are playing anyone, I would even take a ref from KSA over Australia because at least the Arab ref will know all eyes are on him, Australians will screw you and not even care.
Outside of that It was the right call, should not have been a red card and a penalty or a kick outside of the box, dude was offside.
Iran overcame bad officiating, they moved the game to a stadium of less than 10,000 so there would not be Iran fans but at the end of the day, when the dust settles, after 3 games, we have 9 points, and we haven't even played our best football yet.
First half UAE played better than Iran, second half, it was a tale of two halfs, Iran dominated the 2nd half.
I think UAE players got mentally molested, when they thought they were about to have a man advantage and a penalty kick. When they got NOTHING, then Iran scored, you saw that deflated them.
Good job by Skokic, just remaining calm, that is his specialty it is having a positive effect on the players.
Ok 3 games 9 points, looking good Iran. Let's 'not do anything STUPID and we should qualify for Qatar, just maintain the course. I think 15 points is usually enough to qualify, they can get to 12, with a home W vs Korea aka property of Iran.