To all Bahai's, Muslims, Christians, Jews etc...

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
But as many others have said, your opinion is relevant to the discussion. The disucussion here is that religion leads to evil and control of the masses - granted, as you have argued that point is being made in a vaccum from the reality that many good people have drawn up and continue to draw up their moral groundwork from religion. But you argument that religion establishes absolute moral and ethical groundworks is also being made in a vaccum from the relaity of cases like Khomeini et. al.
I am not arguing that religion establishes absolute moral and ethical groundworks. In some cases it does in some cases it doesn't. It certainly lays the foundation and gives meaning and purpose to moral and ethical standards that would otherwise be contradictory to human nature and logic. But whether it is successful in establishing the absolute groundworks is certainly up for debate as evident by many who either don’t believe in religion or misinterpret it or misuse it.

Think of religion and idea of god as a parent who tries to teach his/her child the difference between “wrong” and “right” behavior. To the extent that the child’s intellect and understanding allows the parent may be able to explain why certain behaviors are “right” or “wrong”. There however, comes a point where logic and reasoning becomes irrelevant either because of the limitations of the child’s intellect or because the teaching has nothing to do with logic but rather more to do with experience, feeling and chance. To this end the parent may use threat of force, abandonment, dislike, or hate to convince the child to follow certain behavior or alternatively may use rewards to convince the child.

For example, a parent may be able to reason with the child that if he doesn’t share his toys with other children they will not share their toys with him either and then he will have less toys than those who share and thus there is a logical incentive for the concept of sharing. However, a parent may not have any logical explanation that would be easily understandable to give to a 3 year-old who is jealous and feels threatened by his new baby sister why he should be nice to her. At this point the the parent will try to convince the 3 year-old by threatening him that daddy or mommy will be angry if he is mean to the sister or alternatively may say daddy and mommy like it when he is nice to the sister. While the baby boy’s natural and survival instincts may dictate to him that he must eliminate the baby sister who seems to be jeopardizing his resources and thus his survival instead in order to gain the parent’s affection or avoid their wrath the baby boy will try being nice to his defenseless younger sister instead.

Now, in above examples the parents may or may not be absolutely successful in installing all their moral values in all their children or modifying their behaviors completely as they wish. But what they are doing is laying the foundations and giving purpose to certain behaviors that would otherwise be contradictory to the child’s natural and survival instincts.

Religions have many facets and it would be very simplistic to look at them purely like the above example but as far as the discussion of ethics and morality in general population is concerned religions much the same way as above examples try to lay the ground work for ethics and morality and to give some purpose and meaning to certain moral values that would otherwise seem completely against our natural and survival instincts.

The compromise here would be to say that in the cases of Khomeini et. al. evil was done and the masses have been and continue to be controlled and that we don't have to continue down that road, nor do we have to abolish religion altogether just because some people used it for evil purposes. Can we agree on that, even if you don't want to articulate your position in those exact words (I do understand you may be living or working somewhere that may not view that so kindly :insane:)?
I’m afraid we can not agree on a lot of what you said in above quote.
When you say in case of Khomeini evil was done I’m not sure what you mean by that. I certainly agree that “et. al.” i.e. many of those in the IR government have and continue to commit a lot “evil”, unethical, immoral and in fact un-Islamic acts. But in case of Khomeini himself you have to give me specific examples for me to make that judgement. But then again that is a topic for another discussion and I don’t want this general topic of religion to be steered in to yet another boring, old and repetitive political discussion that has been already discussed ad nauseam for the past 30 years.

Now to satisfy some of your curiosity I will tell you that I personally find many of Khomeini’s apparent understanding and interpretations of Islam different and contradictory to my own understanding and interpretations. But I will not go so far as calling him “evil” because for all I know I may be wrong or even if my understanding is the correct one Khomeini may have simply been wrong but with good intentions in which case the correct judgment would be to call him misguided and not necessarily evil. Other possibility is that in the grand scheme of things we may all be correct or all be wrong in which case again labeling him as evil will be going too far.

But I do agree with you that there is no grounds for abolishing religions altogether merely because some people may have or continue to misuse it for the wrong or "evil" purposes. This would be like abolishing the field of physics because some people may use it to build weapons to kill innocent people.

Actually, Karma is a religous concept and that's why it would validate the argument you were making. It would not do so as a pseudo-scientific concept (which it is not). It has been widely adapted into spiritual thinking, but that does not change the fact that it originates from religion and you are correct in that the Atheist would apply the same rigors to Karma. I'm neither atheist nor-religous which leaves me in the great and beautiful position of being open to every school of thought! :)
I wasn’t sure if you were referring to Karma as a general term or in its original and true meaning. But thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
جناب اشتر
دوستمان بیزن در مورد تکامل اخلاقی که داوکینز در مورد ان یک فصل کامل در کتاب پندار خدا توضیح داده است صحبت میکند
داوکینز در ان کتاب یعنی کتاب پندار خدا در فصل ششم در این مورد توضیح میدهد
در صورتی که خود داوکینز در کتاب ژن خودخواه کاملا تئوری متضاد با انچه در مورد اخلاق در این کتاب بیان میکند مطرح می سازد
جناب بیژن در اینمورد بحث میکنند

بله جانم

General,
Yet another excellent analysis. Thanks for sharing. I really like your conclusion of:

البته این قوانین جای خود را به قوانین مدنی داده است ولی شرط اخلاق بدون قانون ممکن نیست
اگر اینطور که داوکینز می گوید بود احتیاجی به قوانین نبود
یعنی یک جامعه بدون قوانین یا بهتر بگویم قوانینی بدون مجازات!!
چرا ما احتیاج به پلیس / چراغ راهنما / زندان ووو داریم ایا به نظر نمی رسد که اخلاق اکتسابی است نه انتخابی
اگر انتخاب طبیعت اخلاق را بوجود اورده بود دیگر احتیاج به مجازات نبود
پس یا باید تعریف اخلاق از نظر داوکینز غلط باشد یا بشر مختار است که این اخلاقیات را زیر پا بگذارد
و اگر مختار است این اخلاقیات را زیر پا بگذارد باید بر گردیم به نظریه داوکینز در مورد ژن خود خواه که مختار بودن اخلاق با این نظریه
جور در نمی اید
یعنی فرد بر خلاف طبیعتش عمل می کند که این در غیر از دیوانگان کاری بر خلاف صلاح فرد و در پی ان کار نیک و پاداش متقابل است

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
^^^ I think you should read your own posts and logic and have a good laugh. Morality does not mean that you do not commit wrongs, but it means that you have intelligence to know right from wrong.
Who decides what is "right" and what is "wrong"? You? Me? someone else?
If my intelligence tells me that I should fuck you over by any means necessary in order to maximize my own pleasure or ensure my own survival then is that considered a moral and ethical behavior?

Also, as for kids, you open your mouth and give some comments without having any source. Your philosophy is that you write and thus it is true. You should read about some research done on kids and morality. Like always, you and GP have no reference but you just throw stuff out without having an iota of knowledge about some subjects that you talk about.
Now was I wrong when I concluded that you don't have any children and have never worked with kids before?
And why don't you please share with us some of your references so we can analyze them together and have another good laugh.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Who decides what is "right" and what is "wrong"? You? Me? someone else?
If my intelligence tells me that I should fuck you over by any means necessary in order to maximize my own pleasure or ensure my own survival then is that considered a moral and ethical behavior?

Now was I wrong when I concluded that you don't have any children and have never worked with kids before?
And why don't you please share with us some of your references so we can analyze them together and have another good laugh.
Who decides? Humanity does. We have laws on the books and we obviously have figured out that, for example, killing is wrong and we punish a person. I don't need a stinking idiot tell me that God told him what's wrong and right.

This part is so funny "If my intelligence tells me that I should fuck you over by any means necessary in order to maximize my own pleasure or ensure my own survival then is that considered a moral and ethical behavior?" This is exactly, what Mohmmad, Ali and Khomeini did to other people. There goes the basis of your morality. I know you like to believe the history differently.

Also, let's forget about whether I have kids or not, for sure, I hope you don't have any, because I would feel so bad for the kids that you brainwash with this garbage. As for references, if you like to read any book other than Quran, just google morality and intelligence. I am not going to waste my time to teach you, because you think Quran has everything you need to know and you have made up your mind. Your mind is not open. If you are really interested go read some real books by "scientists" not a book tha tells you life on earth started when Adam and Eve were expelled from Heaven.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Who decides? Humanity does.
“Humanity” decides what is right and wrong? LOL. Were Mohammad, Ali, Khomeini, etc not part of humanity? Why don’t you think 2 seconds before typing and then another 2 seconds before pressing that “quick reply” button?

We have laws on the books and we obviously have figured out that, for example, killing is wrong and we punish a person. I don't need a stinking idiot tell me that God told him what's wrong and right.
Who’s this vague “we” you talk about? “Humanity” again? LOL. Just because someone has written these laws in a book you expect me to follow them blindly? Then what is the difference between you and religion?

You say there is no god and that some dude or group of people wrote Koran, Bible, Avesta or other religious books. You say people shouldn’t follow these books because they were written by men. But then you turn around and say that you have figured out what is right and wrong and you have written your findings in a book of laws and expect everyone else to follow them? I don’t know if I should cry or laugh at this kind of logic and reasoning.

This part is so funny "If my intelligence tells me that I should fuck you over by any means necessary in order to maximize my own pleasure or ensure my own survival then is that considered a moral and ethical behavior?" This is exactly, what Mohmmad, Ali and Khomeini did to other people. There goes the basis of your morality. I know you like to believe the history differently.
I already told I’ll grant you that all religions are bad and that there is no god. You still haven’ told me why it is wrong for someone stronger to come and kill someone who is weaker and take away their possessions. It’s called survival of the fittest. If you haven’t heard of Darwin yet go google him. Why don’t you and the rest of your “humanity” explain why survival of the fittest is so bad. Clearly Islam and Mohammad couldn’t do it and you claim you can and you have. Be a man and once and for all shut me up for good and answer these same questions that I’ve been asking over and over and you’ve been ignoring over and over. Be a man and answer them directly.

Also, let's forget about whether I have kids or not
Well next time don’t talk about things you don’t know anything about so you wouldn’t be forced to ask people to forget about it.

I am not going to waste my time to teach you
Of course you’re not. You ask for references from others but when others ask you for references you consider it a waste of your time. Apparently it’s not a waste of your time spewing out whatever crosses your mind without thinking 2 seconds about them but god forbid, I’m sorry I mean “humanity” forbid you should have to actually read upon something and present it and worse yet, defend it.

because you think Quran has everything you need to know and you have made up your mind. Your mind is not open.
And how is that really different from you who thinks that your government’s law books have everything you need to know?

If you are really interested go read some real books by "scientists" not a book tha tells you life on earth started when Adam and Eve were expelled from Heaven.
You mean some real scientists like Darwin who point out natural selection and survival of the fittest? ;-)

Last edited:

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Who decides? Humanity does. We have laws on the books and we obviously have figured out that, for example, killing is wrong and we punish a person. I don't need a stinking idiot tell me that God told him what's wrong and right.
BTW, are these the same law books of the government where its elected president places his hand on a King James Bible to take his oath of office? Or the same government where its Pledge of Allegiance reads "one nation under God"? Or the same nation where on their money they have printed "In God We Trust"? This is the same "humanity" that has figured "right" and "wrong" all by itself and without any influence from religion? LOL

But obviously I'm being coy and unfair here. For all I know you could be living in England and everyone knows that religion has no place in the UK politics and constitution. The constitutional monarchy and the Church of England clearly had no influence in their legal code of conduct and definition of "right" and "wrong" in society.

But then again, why don't you tell us where you live to see how your "humanity" has been so free of the influences and teachings of religion and have by themselves come up with decisions about what is "right" and "wrong".

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone who commits murders is no longer part of humanity and human race, but is less than an animal. Why don't you think before you ask a question? Your gibberish is a waste of computer bytes. Humanity has made progress over thousands of years and there are established laws. Go ahead and abuse and kill weaker people, and then see what happens to you. Who made laws? Common sense of human beings. Be my guest and violate them. The laws are enforced whether Quran or Bible are there or not. No need to read those books to see what you can or cannot do. All you need to read now is statutes. By the way, a lot of the statutes are in conflict with Quran and Bible. For example, in Quran, Mohammad could marry his cousins, that is not allwed because we know more about biology; in Quran, you can have more than one wife, that is not allowed, because it is wrong and immoral.

I knew you could not even take a second and type a few words on google to read and learn.

So, people put their hands on bible and swear, that means what? When I am upset, I say Jesus, does that make me a Christian? For Allah's sake, use that brain of yours. Oops, I must be a Muslim.

Now, by your logic, someone who does not have a child cannot be a child psychologist. LOL. How do you come up with this stuff?

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Anyone who commits murders is no longer part of humanity and human race, but is less than an animal.
Again, says who? The same humanity that killed over 35 million in WWI and another 60 million people in WW2 or the one that killed at least 90,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000 more in Nagasaki in a split second or the one in Stalin's Soviet Union that by some accounts killed and executed nearly 5-10 million civilians alone? Or perhaps you're talking about the same humanity that has left hundreds of thousands dead in the most recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Or perhaps you're talking about the same humanity responsible for Napoleonic Campaign, the American Revolution, the French Revolution, the American Civil War, the Russia Revolution, the Korean war or Vietnam war. Or may be the same fantastically advanced godless humanity that left 100 million civilians dead between USSR and Chinese communists alone. Or may be the Cambodian Genocide that left at least 2 million civilians dead.

Who made laws? Common sense of human beings.
And who do you think made the religious laws? They may claim to have been from god but as an atheist you know that they were really just made by human beings. Right?

Be my guest and violate them. The laws are enforced whether Quran or Bible are there or not. No need to read those books to see what you can or cannot do. All you need to read now is statutes
LOL. Doesn't that just sound like a religious line of reasoning: "Go ahead and don't believe in my religion and see what happens to you!" You seem to have just made up your own religion there body and trying shove your own understanding of morality down the throat of everyone else and especially the non-bleivers by threat of force.

Now, by your logic, someone who does not have a child cannot be a child psychologist. LOL. How do you come up with this stuff?
Not by my logic but apparently by your own broken down logic and imagination. You don't need to have a child to be a child psychologist but you do need to at least work with children in some capacity don't you think? But people who neither have children nor have ever worked with children, such as yourself, need to keep their baseless opinions regarding the pediatric population to themselves and not make fools of themselves on public forums.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I am not arguing that religion establishes absolute moral and ethical groundworks. In some cases it does in some cases it doesn't. It certainly lays the foundation and gives meaning and purpose to moral and ethical standards that would otherwise be contradictory to human nature and logic. But whether it is successful in establishing the absolute groundworks is certainly up for debate as evident by many who either don’t believe in religion or misinterpret it or misuse it.

Think of religion and idea of god as a parent who tries to teach his/her child the difference between “wrong” and “right” behavior. To the extent that the child’s intellect and understanding allows the parent may be able to explain why certain behaviors are “right” or “wrong”. There however, comes a point where logic and reasoning becomes irrelevant either because of the limitations of the child’s intellect or because the teaching has nothing to do with logic but rather more to do with experience, feeling and chance. To this end the parent may use threat of force, abandonment, dislike, or hate to convince the child to follow certain behavior or alternatively may use rewards to convince the child.
Ashtar joon, you don't have to use these simple analogies to get your point across to me. When I'm on line 1 reading your posts, I already know what you're going to be saying on line 4. But if we must stick to that simple analogy... The argument from the other side is that "the parents" (religous "authorities") are NOT teaching the child (the rest of us) right or wrong. That in most instances what they are preaching and teaching is just pure wrong. If you can not agree with us on something as basic as murder being wrong (regardless of whether Bush, Hitler or Khomeini does it), then what moral and ethical groundword has religion instilled in you?!

If Kohmeini et. al. say that killing is okay and justify those killings in the name of religion, then what ethical and moral groundwork has religion instilled in them? If they say that it's okay to go take a second wife without the knowledge or consent of your wife (which we established is really cheating), then what moral groundwork is at work here? If it's okay to pillage or steal from beytol maal, then wehre is the morality that teaches stealing is wrong? And if you are not even willing to stand up and say that religion has taught YOU that these things are wrong, regardless of who does them, then how can you even argue that religion has taught you any moral values at all?! So, what are these moral and ethical values that you so passionately argue religion has taught you?!!!

If after 4 pages of arguments, you still have not been able to distinguish between submission to crooks (those who claim they understand and are authorized to preach and promote the will of God) and submission to God and God alone (which is the true meaning of Islam), I personally don't think you're qualified to be talking about the merits of any religion, Islam in particular, in a public forum, because you are only proving the point that the other side is trying to make and that is that they are walking on a higher moral ground without religion that you do with religion - your own perception of where your morlaity lies is irrelevant here. It is attitudes likes yours IMHO that give the pious and the true believers who do actually understand the essence of God and morality a bad name - I see more God in the argument from a few Ahteists than I do in your argument and that's very sad.

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
If Kohmeini et. al. say that killing is okay and justify those killings in the name of religion, then what ethical and moral groundwork has religion instilled in them? If they say that it's okay to go take a second wife without the knowledge or consent of your wife (which we established is really cheating), then what moral groundwork is at work here? If it's okay to pillage or steal from beytol maal, then wehre is the morality that teaches stealing is wrong? And if you are not even willing to stand up and say that religion has taught YOU that these things are wrong, regardless of who does them, then how can you even argue that religion has taught you any moral values at all?! So, what are these moral and ethical values that you so passionately argue religion has taught you?!!!
And this bit is what I asked a few pages ago and never received a response. Wait Behrou jan, you too will not receive any satisfactory response, just ways to twist the issue and playing with words.

You see, people like ashtar preach morality by religion when in effect they do everything they can to disprove it exists by their actions. Never read anything from him or the other clown to condemn murder in IR or any other Islamic state. This is their moral standards.

Behrou jan, it was nice of you to attempt serious conversation with ashtar. But you too will realise in good time that it's fruitless. You may come to this conclusion and begin to see why I and others speak to them the way we do :) we have been through it before.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
And this bit is what I asked a few pages ago and never received a response. Wait Behrou jan, you too will not receive any satisfactory response, just ways to twist the issue and playing with words.

You see, people like ashtar preach morality by religion when in effect they do everything they can to disprove it exists by their actions. Never read anything from him or the other clown to condemn murder in IR or any other Islamic state. This is their moral standards.

Behrou jan, it was nice of you to attempt serious conversation with ashtar. But you too will realise in good time that it's fruitless. You may come to this conclusion and begin to see why I and others speak to them the way we do :) we have been through it before.
Oh, I don't think it was fruitless at all Behrooz jaan. Afterall, Ashtar proved that your argument was absolutely correct, at least in the case of his "religion" (the Islam being taught in Iran), by not specifically mentioning a single moral value he has learnt from it through pages and pages of abstract discussion, whereas you showed that people without any religion or even belief in God can agree on some basic moral framework. I think you should bring him along on all your discussions to prove your point!
:iagree:

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
Again, says who? The same humanity that killed over 35 million in WWI and another 60 million people in WW2 or the one that killed at least 90,000 people in Hiroshima and 60,000 more in Nagasaki in a split second or the one in Stalin's Soviet Union that by some accounts killed and executed nearly 5-10 million civilians alone? Or perhaps you're talking about the same humanity that has left hundreds of thousands dead in the most recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Or perhaps you're talking about the same humanity responsible for Napoleonic Campaign, the American Revolution, the French Revolution, the American Civil War, the Russia Revolution, the Korean war or Vietnam war. Or may be the same fantastically advanced godless humanity that left 100 million civilians dead between USSR and Chinese communists alone. Or may be the Cambodian Genocide that left at least 2 million civilians dead.
No, not those, and also not those that killed and ravaged humanity 1,400 years ago and claimed to have a communication channel with God. Also, not those that kill and torture in Iran today. I am talking about those peace-loving and kind people that want the human race to live a decent life and in harmony. You give morality a lip service, but when it comes to the killing and torture in Iran, you don't care. To you, it is immoral for women not to cover up, but physical abuse all over Iran does not bother you a bit. In practice, what you claim is needed to teach people morality obviouly does not work. Just take a look at yourself.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
No, not those, and also not those that killed and ravaged humanity 1,400 years ago and claimed to have a communication channel with God. Also, not those that kill and torture in Iran today. I am talking about those peace-loving and kind people that want the human race to live a decent life and in harmony.

Well why don't you name us a few of these lovely atheists who have written down the laws you so cherish and want the rest of us skeptics to blindly follow or suffer the consequences of breaking those laws?

You give morality a lip service, but when it comes to the killing and torture in Iran, you don't care. To you, it is immoral for women not to cover up, but physical abuse all over Iran does not bother you a bit. In practice, what you claim is needed to teach people morality obviouly does not work. Just take a look at yourself.
I really didn't expect anything more substantive than your personal attacks at the end. When you can't answer simple questions that I've repeatedly asked and when your logic and reasoning falls short attacking your opponent's personal character and passing baseless judgments on their character and pretending to be able to read their thoughts and mind is usually the expected alternative.

I was trying to spare you from taking this humiliating last resort when I first told you lets assume that I am the worst and most immoral person on the face of this planet and that I don't think there is any god and that all religions are man-made and pure bullshit. Now since you are such a perfect human being who follows the legal writings of other peace-loving and perfect human beings please try to explain to a wretched person like me in a reasonable and logical manner why I should follow any of your moral standards without using the logic of the religious people who threaten me if I don't I'll be beaten up and put in chains and thrown in a dungeon somewhere.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Ashtar joon, you don't have to use these simple analogies to get your point across to me. When I'm on line 1 reading your posts, I already know what you're going to be saying on line 4. But if we must stick to that simple analogy... The argument from the other side is that "the parents" (religous "authorities") are NOT teaching the child (the rest of us) right or wrong. That in most instances what they are preaching and teaching is just pure wrong. If you can not agree with us on something as basic as murder being wrong (regardless of whether Bush, Hitler or Khomeini does it), then what moral and ethical groundword has religion instilled in you?!

I'm baffled why someone as smart as yourself can't concentrate on a general topic and discussion without making it personal.

Religion hasn't installed shit in me because I don't believe in god and I don't believe in man-made religions. How many times have I said this now? Now you're going to turn around in the next post and accuse me of being religious again?

I think the other 6 billion religious people on this earth should also follow my awakening and give up all their bullshit beliefs which enslave them and make them feel guilty about their own personal pleasures and gains. And until such time that someone can actually logically explain to them why they shouldn't just look out for their own interests they should trust their own self-perserving instincts and do anything that makes them happy and gives them pleasure. Because hey you're right if these bullshit religions throughout history couldn't prevent a few thousand rotten leaders and millions of their followers from committing evil acts then why should billions and billions of other people throughout history follow these religions?

In fact, I would extend the above logic and argue that we should encourage everyone to smoke cigarettes as well because there are people who have never smoked in their lives and get lung cancer so what kind of lung cancer prevention policy is the discouraging of people from smoking? We should also get rid of condoms as means to prevent STDs because there are clearly some people who still get STDs despite using condoms so what kind of useless STD prevention are condoms? Examples are too many to mention but I'm sure you get the point.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003

In case you too decided to skip over all the other posts I'm gonna tell you again that I'm not trying to preach morality or religion. I merely made the observation and claim that morality as you know it in society is nothing but what religions have taught, installed, and brainwashed people throughout the ages. And I made the claim that without some form of religion you can not logically explain and convince people why they should follow certain moral standards that would otherwise be contradictory to their survival and basic instincts.

Unfortunately however, you guys seem to be blind to everything that I type and for some reason the only thing that the visual center in your brain process when you read my posts is Khomeini and Islamic Republic. LOL

Jun 9, 2004
Canada

Religion hasn't installed shit in me because I don't believe in god and I don't believe in man-made religions. How many times have I said this now? Now you're going to turn around in the next post and accuse me of being religious again?
Wow! You're even willing to give up God and religion altogether, just so that you don't have to incriminate the IR?! All in a thread where you've been talking about the importance of God and religion for 6 pages. I don't know man, what do you want me to say? I'm not making it personal, but If you do indeed not believe in God or religion, then as I said and with all due respect, you're the least qualified person to be arguing the merits of God and religion because you're just making a mess of it for those who do believe in them.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Oh, I don't think it was fruitless at all Behrooz jaan. Afterall, Ashtar proved that your argument was absolutely correct, at least in the case of his "religion" (the Islam being taught in Iran), by not specifically mentioning a single moral value he has learnt from it through pages and pages of abstract discussion, whereas you showed that people without any religion or even belief in God can agree on some basic moral framework. I think you should bring him along on all your discussions to prove your point!
:iagree:
Behrou jan, trust me, there is no use in doing that. Just a waste of time.

May 9, 2004
General,
Yet another excellent analysis. Thanks for sharing. I really like your conclusion of:
متشکرم جناب اشتر
من می بینم اینها از دینباوران انتقاد میکنند که بدون دلیل علمی چیزی رو قبول میکنند
و بعد می ایند خودشان بدون دلیل و علمی و در بسیاری مواقع برخلاف دلایل ملموس چیزی رو باور میکنند
از نظریه تکامل گرفته تا جامعه شناسی و اخلاق