Top 10 Iranian Football Players of All Time

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
So in what way were Karimi, Nekounam, Hashemian and Teimourian less accomplished than Ghelichkhani and Parvin? Specially Nekounam who had the longest time of European football after Mahdavikia, playing regularly in arguably the best league in the world at the time?
asian championships.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
So in what way were Karimi, Nekounam, Hashemian and Teimourian less accomplished than Ghelichkhani and Parvin? Specially Nekounam who had the longest time of European football after Mahdavikia, playing regularly in arguably the best league in the world at the time?
The quality of their football was much higher and the fact that they were undisputed king of Asian football winning it multiple times.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Iran never had a complete package as ghelich khani. His whole game Level and style edged every One who came after him. Best Iranian Player after enghelab has been bagheri because of his natural physical Tools and his gutsy mentality.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
We have discussed this before. For me the most talented Iranian player after the revolution was Majid Namjoo Motlagh. He was intelligent and read the game and played with so much ease like the ball stuck to his feet. His technical skills were superior to anyone else I have seen in Iran before or since. He also had plenty of strength. He was part of the burnt generation that included many others just after the revolution.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
We talked about namjoo motlagh a few days ago and i said the Same. If we had to rank skillful players i would throw in parwin and namjoo motlagh too but they both werent the whole package.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
What I know is, if he played today he's make lots of money playing in a top European league. I mean if the hapless Shojaei can, Namjoo definitely could.
In fact, we had a golden generation in the 1360s that went to complete waste. I could name them but that would be repeating. We haven't seen the richness of talent since then. Maybe Bagheri and Azizi and Karimi, but today it's just all rubbish in comparison.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I agree but his ceilling would be comparable to karimi. He had some lazyness to his game that at times bordered at indifferece. When he was on though, then he looked like One Heck of an ellegant Football Player.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Well, you guys have to make the distinction of whether they were great in TM or just great and played for TM. If it's the latter, I honestly can't leave Dejagah out of the list of greatest midfielders. He's right up there with MK with the number of games played for top European leagues, even ahead of Nekou and way ahead of any other Iranian player. And I think Bagheri and Karimi can not be left out of the list

As far as strikers, I think we need to look at the various periods of Iranian football: In the pre-revolution era (78 WC), I would consider Mazloomi the best. In the dark post revolution era, pre 98 WC, that honour should go to Mohammadkhani and Pious. And since then, only Daei deserves to be on the list.

We've never really had AMAZING defenders, but I think Rezaei and Hosseini should be honourable mentions.

And as far as keepers, both Hejazi and Abedzadeh deserve to be on the list IMHO.

May 12, 2007
LOL! Behzadi and Kalani! Both gentlemen that I admire a lot. I love both men, but really! Even Ostad Asadi deserves more than them at the international level!
Greate players like Ali Parvin include their name as one of top 10.
The first game in Azadi(Aryamehr stadium was between a Brezilian Club called kroziro or something with many bresilian players including Tostao and many of Peles team mate.
They won 4:2. The last goal was a header from Behzadi from outside penaty area to the corner of the goal. I can't find it on youtube but If I found it I will post it. One of the best I have ever seen

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Well, you guys have to make the distinction of whether they were great in TM or just great and played for TM. If it's the latter, I honestly can't leave Dejagah out of the list of greatest midfielders. He's right up there with MK with the number of games played for top European leagues, even ahead of Nekou and way ahead of any other Iranian player. And I think Bagheri and Karimi can not be left out of the list

As far as strikers, I think we need to look at the various periods of Iranian football: In the pre-revolution era (78 WC), I would consider Mazloomi the best. In the dark post revolution era, pre 98 WC, that honour should go to Mohammadkhani and Pious. And since then, only Daei deserves to be on the list.

We've never really had AMAZING defenders, but I think Rezaei and Hosseini should be honourable mentions.

And as far as keepers, both Hejazi and Abedzadeh deserve to be on the list IMHO.

Great defenders ? we had them ...Hassan Nazari , Eskandaryan , Nasrollah Abdollahi.

May 9, 2004
من می بینم اکثرا اینجا از روی احساسات بهترین ها را انتخاب میکنند
من کار ندارم بازیکن بیرون زمین چه ادمی است
مارادونا مواد می کشید خبرنگارها را با تیر می زد و ادم کلاشی بود ولی بهترین بازیکن تاریخ فوتبال بود
این لیست من و شاید جایی در مورد کسی اشتباه کرده باشم یا مطلبی را اشتباه نوشته باشم یا فراموش کرده باشم
1-علی دایی + 109گل+اولین اسیایی که در جام اروپا گل زد+اولین اسیایی که در فینال جام اروپا حضورداشت+تاثیرگذارترین بازیکن فوتبال ایران
2-علی کریمی + هرچند که او افتخارات مهدوی کیا یا دایی و حتی نکونام را ندارد ولی این بازیکن یک سروگردن از تمام بازیکنان اسیایی بالاتربود بازیکنی که اگر پشتکار دایی را داشت می توانست در سطح بهترین های جهان قرار بگیرد
3-بین کریم باقری و مهدوی کیا نمی دانم کدام یکی را انتخاب کنم دو غول اسیایی که وقتی برای ایران بازی میکردند دلهایم قرص بود
4-باقری یا کیا
5-علی پروین مثل یک رهبر ارکستر تیم ملی بدون او هماهنگ نبود
6-باز از بین ناصر حجازی و عابدزاده سخت است یکی را انتخاب کرد این دو دژهایی بودنند که قهرمانانی مثل دایی و پروین و دیگران بدون انها هیچوقت دایی و پروین نمیشدند
7-خداداد عزیزی یکی از زیرکترین بازیکنان تاریخ فوتبال ایران وبعد ار کریمی پرتکنیک ترین بازیکن ایران می بایستی بخاطر گل طلایی او به استرالیا هم که شده او را در این ردیف قرار داد
8-حسن روشن هرچند که مانند بسیاری برای تیم ملی بازیهای زیادی نکرد ولی عامل بسیارمهمی در پیروزیها در جام اسیا و صعود به جام جهانی برای اولین بار بود
9-جواد نکونام را نمیتوان از قلم انداخت گلهای بسیار حساسی را برای تیم ملی ایران زده
10- باز از بین قلیچ و استیلی نمی دانم کدام یکی را انتخاب کنم قلیچ توپخانه تیم ملی بود و استیلی ریه تیم ملی با سگ دوهای بی امانش نفس تیم مقابل را می برید و فضاهای خالی برای بازیکنان تیمش ایجاد می کرد
اگر شماره 11 ای هم بود انرا به کسی بجز
قوچان نژاد نمیدادم اگرما بخاطر صعود به جام 98 مدیون دائی باقری استیلی کیا و عزیزی بودیم در این جام می توان کفت مدیون قوچان نژاد بودیم
اولین بار تیم ملی در سه بازی پیاپی رسمی و مهم برد در هر سه بازی قوچان نژاد گل زد شش امتیاز از بازی قطر و کره که ما را به جام جهانی برد را مدیون دو گل این جوان هستیم کاری را که صدها بازیکن در طول دها سال نکردند قوچان نژاد در عرض ده چند هفته انجام داد

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Greate players like Ali Parvin include their name as one of top 10.
The first game in Azadi(Aryamehr stadium was between a Brezilian Club called kroziro or something with many bresilian players including Tostao and many of Peles team mate.
They won 4:2. The last goal was a header from Behzadi from outside penaty area to the corner of the goal. I can't find it on youtube but If I found it I will post it. One of the best I have ever seen

behzadii.jpg bezadii2.jpg

Oct 18, 2002
In my humble opinion 'All time greatest ranking' lists pose no real value other than for sheer short term entertainment value. This is simply because sports of today is NOTHING like it was 10 years ago, let alone 40, 50 or even longer periods of time. We live in a world where players turn pro in their early teens. Literally play 1000's of official games in their careers and every step they make is well documented. Not to mention the advancements made in gear, training, diet, even the evolution of the grass and the pitch itself. These are crucial factors that need to be calculated when one is looking to compare the players from yester-years to today.
That was the rational portion of my argument and like everyone else I too am intrigued by such arguments. I use the following criteria to select the players and their ranking:

1) People that I have actually seen play
2) Accomplishments
3) Their Impact on our football
4) International Career

In my humble opinion the ONLY spot that is unquestionable is number 1 and that is Daei. Simply put he is the only Iranian player that has a World Record. One that may stand for a LONG LONG time to come. I am sick and tired of hearing idiotic arguments (if you want to call this BS babble argument) that he scored on Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Laos. We play these teams year and year out, and for some magical reason Daei seems to be the only man that was able to score on them. Using this stupid reasoning, every Iranian player should have massed similar scoring records against these teams. This matter is simply closed for me and those that tend to use their brains. Again my opinion so please don't get your panties in a knot if you disagree.

1) Ali Daei
2) Nasser Hejazi
3) Mehdi Mahdavikia
4) Ali Parvin
5) Ali Karimi
6) Parviz Ghlechkhani
7) Hassan Roshan
8) Karim Bagheri
9) Abedzadeh
10) Javad Nekunam

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I explained why Mahdavikia is Number 1

Here's my top 10

1- Mahdavi kia
2- Ali Karimi
3- Abedzadeh
4- Nekounam
5-Daei
6-jalal Hussaini
7-Sirous Ghayeghraan
8- Bagheri
9- Teymourian
10 Hashemian

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Behzadi was called sar talaei a greate header. He and Kalani were Iran's best striker. Look specially in 6th goal. Behzadi scored 3 goals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNgQEutSPrQ[video=youtube;yNgQEutSPrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNgQEutSPrQ[/video]

عزیز این ویدئو مربوط به بازی نیست.گٔل اول مربوط به فاینال جام جهانی*** ۱۹۶۲ بین برزیل و چکوسلواکی می***باشد،که برزیل بازی را ۳-۱ میبرد،با دروازبانی بهترین گلر اون زمان اروپا بعد از یاشین،به نام شیرویف.که دروازبان چک بود.

بازی دوم مربوط به ایتالیا و شیلی به میزبانی شیلی در جام جهانی*** ۱۹۶۲ میباشد که شیلی ۲-۰ بازی را میبرد،در این بازی کتک کاری مفصلی شد تا آنجا که بازی قطع شد.این دو تیم با مشت و لگد به جان هم افتادند.

گٔل سوم مربوط به جام جهانی*** ۱۹۷۸ میباشد،شوت آری هان به سپپ مایر این بازی ۲-۲ مساوی تمام میشود،این گٔل اول و مساوی هلند به آلمان میباشد.

گٔل چهارم مربوط به بازی ایتالیا و مجارستان در جام جهانی*** ۱۹۳۸ میباشد گلی که فوروارد عالی*** اون زمان ایتالیا یعنی*** کنتی در جلوی مو سولینی وارد دروازهٔ حریف می***کند.

گٔل پنجم گٔل دوم شیلی به ایتالیا در جام جهانی*** ۱۹۶۲ میباشد که شیلی بازی را ۲-۰ میبرد.

گٔل ششم،گٔل رودی کرول به دینو زوف در جام جهانی*** ۱۹۷۸ است،که هلند بازی را در نیمه نهایی ۲-۱ میبرد.

بنابر این هیچیک از این گلها به این بازی ربط ندارد،و من نمیدونم کی*** این ویدئو افتضاح را ساخته است.