Top 10 Iranian Football Players of All Time

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
No Hejazi and no general Karim.

I'm outta here!
Hejazi was a top keeper but Abedzadeh was a tad better imo

But I recognise that Ali Parvin and Hejzai kept Football alive after I.R.I Rev and during Iran v Iraq war,, at the time I was a kid but my dad and ucles adored Nasser since we are all ES ES fans..

Roohesh shaad

Feb 4, 2005
1- Nasser Hejazi
2- Parviz Ghelichkhani
3- Hassan Roshan
4- Mahdavikia
5-Karim Bagheri
6- Ali Daei
7-Ali Parvin
8- Hassan Nazari
9- Abedzadeh
10- Ali Karimi
Agree with all of them but since I don't remember Ghelich Khani's time (I'm sure he very well deserved to be there) I will replace him with either Majid Namjoo or Mojtaba Moharrami and in this order

Daei
Mahdavi Kia
Roshan
Hejazi
Bagheri
Abedzadeh
Karimi
Parvin
Nazari
Namjoo Motlagh / Moharrami

May 12, 2007

عزیز این ویدئو مربوط به بازی نیست.گٔل اول مربوط به فاینال جام جهانی*** ۱۹۶۲ بین برزیل و چکوسلواکی می***باشد،که برزیل بازی را ۳-۱ میبرد،با دروازبانی بهترین گلر اون زمان اروپا بعد از یاشین،به نام شیرویف.که دروازبان چک بود. از این گلها به این بازی ربط ندارد،و من نمیدونم کی*** این ویدئو افتضاح را ساخته است.
My mistake. I remember the game was not shown on tv that day. I fooled myself and thought this was is.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
In my humble opinion 'All time greatest ranking' lists pose no real value other than for sheer short term entertainment value. This is simply because sports of today is NOTHING like it was 10 years ago, let alone 40, 50 or even longer periods of time. We live in a world where players turn pro in their early teens. Literally play 1000's of official games in their careers and every step they make is well documented. Not to mention the advancements made in gear, training, diet, even the evolution of the grass and the pitch itself. These are crucial factors that need to be calculated when one is looking to compare the players from yester-years to today.
That was the rational portion of my argument and like everyone else I too am intrigued by such arguments. I use the following criteria to select the players and their ranking:

1) People that I have actually seen play
2) Accomplishments
3) Their Impact on our football
4) International Career

In my humble opinion the ONLY spot that is unquestionable is number 1 and that is Daei. Simply put he is the only Iranian player that has a World Record. One that may stand for a LONG LONG time to come. I am sick and tired of hearing idiotic arguments (if you want to call this BS babble argument) that he scored on Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Laos. We play these teams year and year out, and for some magical reason Daei seems to be the only man that was able to score on them. Using this stupid reasoning, every Iranian player should have massed similar scoring records against these teams. This matter is simply closed for me and those that tend to use their brains. Again my opinion so please don't get your panties in a knot if you disagree.

1) Ali Daei
2) Nasser Hejazi
3) Mehdi Mahdavikia
4) Ali Parvin
5) Ali Karimi
6) Parviz Ghlechkhani
7) Hassan Roshan
8) Karim Bagheri
9) Abedzadeh
10) Javad Nekunam
And i say i dont give a fuck about your "humble" opinion because its not all that humble at all. Discussions like this are always personal subjects based on personal preferences. There for, i dont criticize your ranking as its based on your own personal preferences. What i am criticizing here is the way you question peoples brains and brand them as idiots over such a useless issue. I mean i am all for being direct and honest. I also find it natural that people become harsh on eachther a little bit when discussions become heated. But what about you? There is no beef with anyone, no pretext, no pre fight, nothing and you step in and generalize. So i say, stick that humble opinion up there where the sun dont shine. I am one of those who doesnt give a fuck about Ali Daei because i value other things. I couldnt care less about all his fucking goals against Sri Lanka and Maldives. Someone like Parviz Ghelich Khani would make him look like an idiot, dribbling past this "Pinocchio" roo dare shishe nooshaabeh. I am actually sorry for all those guys who this "choobe khoshk" guy could score on. No skil, no elegance nothing. Be ghole Parvin "in aaghaa do taa roo paai nemitoone bezane". haalaa 200 taa gol dige ham be bangladesh o maldives bezane baaz hamoone. Harki ke gol mizane ke footballist nist.

Now in MY "humble" opinion, who ever questions other peoples brains or calls them idiots over such an absolute subjective non issue, cant be blessed with much cerebral matter himself. You know just "my humble opinion".

Nov 29, 2002
My picks:

1. Mehdi Mahdavikia
2. Nasser Hejazi
3. Ali Parvin
4. Ali Daei
5. Ali Karimi
6. Khodadad Azizi
7. Javad Nekounam
8. Karim Bagheri
9. Ahmadreza Abedzadeh
10. Parviz Ghelichkhani

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
You know a crappy list when you don't find arguably the best ever in top 10...

Really???????? Great Sardar less significant than azizi,abed, parvin,nekonam,karimi,....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
You know a crappy list when you don't find arguably the best ever in top 10...

Really???????? Great Sardar less significant than azizi,abed, parvin,nekonam,karimi,....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/
Abedzadeh > Hejazi

accept it dude :D

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Ghasempoor was good too but i like Fariba better. He was a fine and skilful player wiht a high football IQ. Later on Namjoo Motlagh reminded me on him a little bit.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
what joke mate ? do you see me laughing ?!

these three were tremendous players ....forget about that own goal ...just a one off that could happen to any one ..he was as tough as nails .
What exactly did Eskandarian do that would make him a great defender? You have to consider the quality of the opponents when judging if someone was a great defender and that quality came in the 78 WC, the most goals Iran has ever been scored on in the WC, worst ever loss against a South American opponent and worst ever loss against a European opponent in a major competition! Not to mention that terrible terrible own goal, definitely one of the worst I have ever seen and arguably the worst in WC history! ;)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
asian championships.
So you're saying in terms of accomplishment, their Asian Championship makes them rank higher than Nekounam but lower than Mahdavikia?? Don't get me wrong... I completely respect your opinion. I just try to understand your reasoning.