WC2022 Final Draw

Oct 18, 2010
Oct 18, 2010
i start with mine.

i go by historical stats:

i want to have as many english speaking teams in iran's group.
we have done well with them all: scotland,usa,angola,nigeria.(no losses)

i want to avoid spanish speaking teams since we have not done well
with them: peru,mexico,argentina,spain(all losses)

and also avoid eastern euro teams: yugoslavia,bosnia.

so i am hoping for a group like this:

england-usa-iran-ghana/nigeria

all english speaking, piece of pie for iran and dragan to top the group :p

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
Let’s have a look at the most probable seeding for the draw

Pot 1
Qatar
Belgium
Brazil
France
Argentina
England
Spain
Portugal

Pot 2
Denmark
Holland
Germany
Mexico
USA
Switzerland
Croatia
Uruguay

Pot 3
Sweden/Poland
Iran
Japan
Serbia
South Korea
Senegal/Egypt
____TBD____
____TBD____

Pot 4
____TBD____
____TBD____
Algeria/Cameroon
Ecuador
Saudi Arabia
Wales/Ukraine/Scotland
New Zealand/Costa Rica
Peru/Colombia/Chile/AFC

The following teams are fighting for those 4 spots in pot 3 and 4
Canada (3/4)
Morocco (3) / Congo (4)
Nigeria (3) / Ghana (4)
Tunisia (3) / Mali (4)
**There is a specific scenario where Egypt drop to pot 4. They have to lose to Senegal but advance anyway (away goal rule/PKs) then Morocco + Nigeria have to advance and Tunisia has to win their match.

My personal preference:
Pot 1 - I’d like to see us play a new team (Belgium Brazil France England). Preferably England.
Pot 2 - Holland and Germany are the teams to avoid here. Denmark Switzerland Croatia Uruguay are similar in strength. Mexico and USA would be easier.
Pot 4 - The South American teams (Ecuador + the playoff winner) and the UEFA playoff winner are probably the toughest. The New Zealand/Costa Rica playoff winner will probably be more ideal. The rest is still unclear.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
I was thinking the same. Let's say during the draw Iran gets the winner of Asia v. South America from pot 4 and it ends up being UAE or Australia. So there'll be two teams from Asia in the same group?
That won't happen because "Teams from the same confederation will be kept apart in the groups with the exception of European teams, of which there will be 13. Five of the eight groups will have two European teams."
It is explained in this this article https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ich-teams-have-qualified-and-how-does-it-work

Feb 4, 2005
That won't happen because "Teams from the same confederation will be kept apart in the groups with the exception of European teams, of which there will be 13. Five of the eight groups will have two European teams."
It is explained in this this article https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ich-teams-have-qualified-and-how-does-it-work
I know but we don’t know if asian team win or the south american. Let’s say the draw is England, Germany l, Iran and that winner of playoff. Or since iran is from asia they remove that option from the bowl?

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
I was thinking the same. Let's say during the draw Iran gets the winner of Asia v. South America from pot 4 and it ends up being UAE or Australia. So there'll be two teams from Asia in the same group?
What if in tomorrow's draw one of Iran,Japan,South Korea (pot 3) draws the winner of Peru/UAE/Australia (pot 4)? how can FIFA prevent the future possibility that UAE/Australia (AFC members) could beat Peru to then get grouped with one of Iran,Japan,South Korea (AFC members)?

It seems like the way to avoid that scenario is either to remove that option from the bowl or throw out that draw in case it happens.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2005
What if in tomorrow's draw one of Iran,Japan,South Korea (pot 3) draws the winner of Peru/UAE/Australia (pot 4)? how can FIFA prevent the future possibility that UAE/Australia (AFC members) could beat Peru to then get grouped with one of Iran,Japan,South Korea (AFC members)?

It seems like the way to avoid that scenario is either to remove that option from the bowl or throw out that draw in case it happens.
True.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002

Throwing out the draw is the likely remedy.
Let's not forget that there are other potential conflicts too. For instance, what if either Brazil or Argentina in pot 1 get Uruguay from pot 2, or Ecuador, or Peru from pot 4? What if Uruguay gets either Ecuador or Peru ? What if either the U.S. or Mexico in pot 2 gets Canada or Costa Rica from pot 4? What if Senegal, Morocco or Tunisia in pot 3 gets either Cameroon or Ghana from pot 4? What If Qatar in pot 1 gets Iran, Japan or South Korea from pot 3 or Saudi Arabia from pot 4? What if you get more than two European sides in a group? ...................

Last edited:

uhl

Jun 20, 2021

AFC and CONMEBOL teams can't draw with the Peru/Australia/UAE playoff winner. It would just skip to the next group.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Throwing out the draw is the likely remedy.
Let's not forget that there are other potential conflicts too. For instance, what if either Brazil or Argentina in pot 1 get Uruguay from pot 2, or Ecuador, or Peru from pot 4? What if Uruguay gets either Ecuador or Peru ? What if either the U.S. or Mexico in pot 2 gets Canada or Costa Rica from pot 4? What if Senegal, Morocco or Tunisia in pot 3 gets either Cameroon or Ghana from pot 4? What If Qatar in pot 1 gets Iran, Japan or South Korea from pot 3 or Saudi Arabia from pot 4? What if you get more than two European sides in a group? ...................
If it gets too complicated Ali Dayi bazi ro beham mizaneh migeh az avval