WC2022 Final Draw

Dec 30, 2014
US mistake in '98 was taking the game for granted. I remember their players were predicting 3-0 or more, while focusing on how to beat Germany or the Yugos.

US teams are typically in good physical shape. Their problem, which has slowly being fixed over the last 30 years, is that the kids do not grow up watching top-level Soccer, so they are still not completely getting the gist of the game. They will not be easy by any means.

It will be the greatest day of my football fanhood, if Iran beats the crap out of England...... I would also settle for a 1-0:). Actually anybody beating England will make my day, specially if it is Scotts or the Welsh.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
How about that then ,hope England underestimate us like Scotland did !😉
First I knew about was my English football mate messaged me.
It's a good draw for us avoiding Brazil, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Holland Argentina....

Not easy but we handle this lot better than those mentioned above.
I am going to get a lot of earache from now till after the game.
Brings back memories of 1978 and the build up to Iran match with Scotland who were blessed with some of the best players of English top league teams like united ,Liverpool, Nottingham forest who were European champions then with the likes kenny Dalglish, Joe Jordan, Gemmil, Sounes.

I was constantly reminded in media and from English and Scottish friends how the game was going to go and obviously it was our debut in the world cup and we were quite unknown, this time its our 6th world cup and our players are mentally much better prepared playing in Europe.
On a good day Iran can definitely win but odds are in favour of England, it's there to take while a draw is also a strong possibility.
USA is also like that, if we can have people in midfield able to find Azmoun and Taremi we can definitely beat them .

Obviously I am not ignoring the fact that our defence line should be strong and tight and on the cue.
It's not going to be a walk in the park . But with these opponents it is now or never !☺

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
by the way get ready for mental game shit by the old fox...I bet the English coach is going to sing the praises of TM like his life depended on it.

روبه پرفریب و حیلت‌ساز
رفت پای درخت و کرد آواز

گفت به به چقدر زیبایی
چه سری چه دُمی عجب پایی

you know the rest....

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Haha ...
I really like the guy. I think he is very smart man. It is a bit hard to be on the spotlight. All and all, it was great representation.
Yes I do like him a lot too and being from same university helps. But I think he should have shown a smile or something. It's an honour to be up there among other greats

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Usually the second game of group 1 is played after the first game in group 2.
Yeah. there will be 4 games on the opening day (November 21).

1-Qatar vs Ecuador (Group A)
2-England vs Iran (Group B)
3-Senegal vs Netherlands (Group A)
4-USA vs Euro playoff winner (Group B)