where is everybody ?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I think you should make the koobide meat stay in fridge for few hours, Preferably a day. I made it few times, it sticks on the skewers.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
That’s the secret. Also only a bunch of Iranians can turn a where have you been question to a discussion about Kabab. Lovely

I was only trying to help a friend in need....no need to get shirty dude !

When are we coming over for some lovely koobideh and boneless joojeh ?

😃😏🐤🍢🍡🍡🍽🍹🪂🪂🪂🪂
Parachute ready!

Last edited:

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
Providing you get the mixture right ,the secret for keeping your koobideh intact on the manghal is to turn them round within seconds of putting them on...
THIS right here is the secret, I put all of them on, (which takes about 10-15 seconds) then immediately go to the first one and turn them over, once you see the smoke , you are safe, it is not going to come off.

However as Oghab said, you also need to get the mixture right. My go to is 1-3 Lamb-beef , for best result, let the goosht "BAYAAT" it DOES make a difference, however if you are short on time, TINY TINY TINY bit of "Jooshe Shirin" does the trick, be very careful though, if you do this too much, your Kabab is going to be like "LAASTIK!"

I was watching some restaurants in Tehran, they WARM the mixture (ground meat) before adding onion to it, I have never tried this, but maybe I do this weekend!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Went there on Wednesday. In line for about 40 minutes but worth the wait.
Fantastic, I went there in 2014, never forget sitting on the side of street with that yummy sandwich in my hand.
Even waiting in the line was great experience, but I remember the guys inside English was horrible LOL
Great stuff.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I do all that. I get the meat from an Iranian butcher who makes the mix with the right amount of fat. He told me to make sure the mashed onion is not watery. I did that too, stuck it in the fridge. The worst part is putting it on the seekh. I can't do it. What I end up with is a chunk of slob that falls off.

If I want koobideh, I just go to an Iranian restaurant. That's that.

kabaab zani kaar har kasi nist. It's an art.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
THIS right here is the secret, I put all of them on, (which takes about 10-15 seconds) then immediately go to the first one and turn them over, once you see the smoke , you are safe, it is not going to come off.

However as Oghab said, you also need to get the mixture right. My go to is 1-3 Lamb-beef , for best result, let the goosht "BAYAAT" it DOES make a difference, however if you are short on time, TINY TINY TINY bit of "Jooshe Shirin" does the trick, be very careful though, if you do this too much, your Kabab is going to be like "LAASTIK!"

I was watching some restaurants in Tehran, they WARM the mixture (ground meat) before adding onion to it, I have never tried this, but maybe I do this weekend!
All of this plus abe piaaz ra baayad gereft. When I choke the minced onions in my hand I save the juices for my barg marination so I kill two birds with one stone.