where is everybody ?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
فقط مواظب باشید اگه این سیزده بدر کباب و سور وسات داشتید و بساط تخته نرد هم براه بود در حین بازی چای قند پهلو نخورید ، یکی از دوستان اشتباهی با چای طاس تخته نرد رو خورد و تا صبح جفت شش گوزید .

Nov 29, 2002
where is everybody ?.
I think the forum is dead, or as good as.

Every remaining conversation is like flogging a dead horse or a conversation between just a few people (often current or former admin). Perhaps it's time to fold it gently, with the respect it deserves

Last edited:

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
THIS right here is the secret, I put all of them on, (which takes about 10-15 seconds) then immediately go to the first one and turn them over, once you see the smoke , you are safe, it is not going to come off.

However as Oghab said, you also need to get the mixture right. My go to is 1-3 Lamb-beef , for best result, let the goosht "BAYAAT" it DOES make a difference, however if you are short on time, TINY TINY TINY bit of "Jooshe Shirin" does the trick, be very careful though, if you do this too much, your Kabab is going to be like "LAASTIK!"

I was watching some restaurants in Tehran, they WARM the mixture (ground meat) before adding onion to it, I have never tried this, but maybe I do this weekend!
I recently made kubideh, everything so perfect, even I liked it, but the damn "manghal" was too hot, as soon as I put all skewers on and started rotating, the natural wood charcoal was so hot, the kubideh meet started dripping fat, I don't know where that amount of fat came from, I made it 80-20, anyway, the fat dripping made the flames so high the surface of meet started getting black, so I took the kubideh off of the Manghal, sprad out the charcoal and put back the skewers, but the damage was done:mad:
By the way, the forum is NOT dead, it turned to a culinary forum!!!

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I recently made kubideh, everything so perfect, even I liked it, but the damn "manghal" was too hot, as soon as I put all skewers on and started rotating, the natural wood charcoal was so hot, the kubideh meet started dripping fat, I don't know where that amount of fat came from, I made it 80-20, anyway, the fat dripping made the flames so high the surface of meet started getting black, so I took the kubideh off of the Manghal, sprad out the charcoal and put back the skewers, but the damage was done:mad:
By the way, the forum is NOT dead, it turned to a culinary forum!!!
That’s what badbezan is for. When fat drips and makes flame, use badbezan to suppress the flames.

Of course, you have to make sure zoghal is not too hot.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Finally looks great. Nooshe jan. Next time use natural zoghal instead of these briquettes and thank me later.
Thanks for the tip. Actually, there are some natural zhogal mixed in. I didn't have enough, so I had to add some unnatural zhogal.

And yes t turned out really tasty and juicy.