Where the hell is flight MH370?!

Feb 22, 2005
Flint, dont let one plane accident change, drive, and control you entire life. You have a much better chance of dying in a car crash. 9/11 was a horrible thing that happened people were effected. But what put the chain around everyone's neck even today and weakend the democracy is what the masters running the government and their puppet of the time Bush, Cheney and Republicans and most democrats did after that changed America.

In another word, dont let the fear of this plane crash effect you or there will be others who will control you through it.

One more reason to avoid "foreign" flag carriers, and I use that term loosely. You know what I mean. In the US this is hazardous cargo and not allowed on passenger planes. This episode has taught us so much. Up until now we thought if we were flying a shiny new Boeing or Airbus we were safe. Now you have to wonder who is at the wheel, who screens the passengers and what is in the belly of the aircraft.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Nothing is for certain and you can die at any time. My thinking is why take a chance? None of what happened with this flight would have happened with an established European or American airliner. No questionable characters in the cockpit, no boarding with fake passports, no hazardous cargo and no doubt much better tracking. And this is just what we know. God knows the stuff we don't know.

Feb 22, 2005
I think the cargo gets checked in everyone of those countries as no country regardless of where they are would let a cargo go unchecked. Unless done by a very powerful friend, most likely the most powerful in the world.

Nothing is for certain and you can die at any time. My thinking is why take a chance? None of what happened with this flight would have happened with an established European or American airliner. No questionable characters in the cockpit, no boarding with fake passports, no hazardous cargo and no doubt much better tracking. And this is just what we know. God knows the stuff we don't know.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I think the cargo gets checked in everyone of those countries as no country regardless of where they are would let a cargo go unchecked.
Well, they obviously didn't check. How did a load of Li-ion batteries end up in the cargo then? You can't do that here. They still haven't fully released the cargo manifest. You think if it was United they could have dragged their feet this long?

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I watched this conspiracy video the other day. The crux of their argument is that some semi conductor company, a subsidiary of the infamous Carlyle group basically is responsible for the crash. The reason behind it was to have sole possession of a semiconductor technology invented by four of it's employees. Now from what I understand when you work for a company especially a decent sized corporation then anything you invent becomes the company's possession under the employment contract. This has been my experience in any case. Now I am by no means an expert in patent regulations, but this sounds like BS.

You can judge for yourself

[video=youtube;fzgQwDeP7eM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzgQwDeP7eM[/video]

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I watched this conspiracy video the other day. The crux of their argument is that some semi conductor company, a subsidiary of the infamous Carlyle group basically is responsible for the crash. The reason behind it was to have sole possession of a semiconductor technology invented by four of it's employees. Now from what I understand when you work for a company especially a decent sized corporation then anything you invent becomes the company's possession under the employment contract. This has been my experience in any case. Now I am by no means an expert in patent regulations, but this sounds like BS.
You can judge for yourself
Actually, the best conspiracy theories I've read about flight MH370 revolve around Freescale Semiconductor. This is definitely a good one, but some of the other decent ones suggested that Freescale had devised new technology that could make regular aircraft stealth through purely the use of electronics (I guess by actively cancelling radio waves from radars) and that the people on board had the know-how to implement this technology and they were working with a rogue nation to transfer this technology to them, activating it in mid flight and avoiding further detection by third country military radars until it landed at the desired destination or something along those lines.

Now, I don't know if Freescale was in the process of developing this technology or had developed it and all that and it does sound ridiculous that people with that level of knowledge of such an important groundbreaking technology would be left alone to fly around the world, but I know in noise control, my line of work, there is noise cancellation technology that works much the same way by reproducing the incoming wave and bouncing it back out of phase with the original wave so the two cancel each other. It's called active noise control and it's difficult to implement on a large scale, so I suppose it is possible in principle to do the same thing with radio waves.

Last edited:

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Actually, the best conspiracy theories I've read about flight MH370 revolve around Freescale Semiconductor. This is definitely a good one, but some of the other decent ones suggested that Freescale had devised new technology that could make regular aircraft stealth through purely the use of electronics (I guess by actively cancelling radio waves from radars) and that the people on board had the know-how to implement this technology and they were working with a rogue nation to transfer this technology to them, activating it in mid flight and avoiding further detection by third country military radars until it landed at the desired destination or something along those lines.

Now, I don't know if Freescale was in the process of developing this technology or had developed it and all that and it does sound ridiculous that people with that level of knowledge of such an important groundbreaking technology would be left alone to fly around the world, but I know in noise control, my line of work, there is noise cancellation technology that works much the same way by reproducing the incoming wave and bouncing it back out of phase with the original wave so the two cancel each other. It's called active noise control and it's difficult to implement on a large scale, so I suppose it is possible in principle to do the same thing with radio waves.
Now that theory would make a little more sense, except I think it would be impossible to make that many people disappear without a trace, especially with all the telecom gadgets everybody is carrying around once they have landed.

My other issue is that as far as I know the company would own the technology in any case, even if the inventors were alive today. Or if a third nation was involved, then there are far easier ways to steal technology than pulling a stunt of this proportion with so many loose ends and variables.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
still waiting to see if they found even one piece of that plane ... what happened to all those satellite images by the way ?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Now that theory would make a little more sense, except I think it would be impossible to make that many people disappear without a trace, especially with all the telecom gadgets everybody is carrying around once they have landed.

My other issue is that as far as I know the company would own the technology in any case, even if the inventors were alive today. Or if a third nation was involved, then there are far easier ways to steal technology than pulling a stunt of this proportion with so many loose ends and variables.
Oh, I forgot that part... Apparently, the sudden climb to 45,000 ft. was to incapacitate everyone - they would have lost consciousness and just died - cell phones would have been off during the flight. But I agree with you, even with a well constructed Conspiracy Theory, there are always holes in it - hence the word theory.

still waiting to see if they found even one piece of that plane ... what happened to all those satellite images by the way ?
The satellite images were showing a different area than they're searching now which has me real confused too. They pulled a few objects out of the water in search area 3 I think (the latest one based on higher speed and fuel having ran out sooner), but they were all fishing equipment. I don't think they found anything in search areas 1 and 2 which were based on satellite imagery. The whole thing's become real confusing. I haven't checked the news this morning, but the funniest thing as of yesterday was that they finally released the taped recording of the pilot and co with air traffic control and apparently the final words are NOT what they released before. That's really strange.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Today I read in BBC that they might never know the mystery of this flight.
I still find it really strange not to find any piece of the plane

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Question for our IT experts:

They originally came up with the two arcs by calculating the time difference between when the signal was sent from the satellite and when the handshake was received back, correct? Because the in and out signals travel at the speed of light, that time would have been just a fraction of a second, around 0.2 seconds total to travel roughly 60,000 km to be exact, correct? 1/100 of a second difference in that time translates to a difference of 3000 km on the position of the plane which is a HUGE margin of error. They then used the Doppler effect which works with even smaller fractions of a second to eliminate the northern arc. So far so good?

Here's my concern and question... This is all fine and dandy when you simply REFLECT an electromagnetic wave from an object to calculate its distance, like when we reflect a laser off the moon to calculate its distance. But REFLECTION is instantaneous, meaning there's no lag between the time the wave hits the object and the time it bounces back. Computer operations and systems however are not instantaneous. Would there not have been a finite but unknown amount of time between when the signal was received by the plane and the time it generated the handshake?! I know processors these days carry out millions and billions of operations per second and this is not normally an issue, but because we're dealing with such small fractions of a second, is it really a non-issue in this case?! Aside from these operations, are there not network lags that vary from time to time in transmitting a signal?!

What I'm trying to say in simple terms is that my Core i7 also carries out billions of operations per second, but it still takes several seconds for my wireless adapter to do a handshake with my wireless modem. Even if that was done in 0.01 second this time and 0.02 seconds next time, that translates to a HUGE difference in the potential position of the plane on the ground - 3000 km to be exact. Does it not?!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Question for our IT experts:

They originally came up with the two arcs by calculating the time difference between when the signal was sent from the satellite and when the handshake was received back, correct? Because the in and out signals travel at the speed of light, that time would have been just a fraction of a second, around 0.2 seconds total to travel roughly 60,000 km to be exact, correct? 1/100 of a second difference in that time translates to a difference of 3000 km on the position of the plane which is a HUGE margin of error. They then used the Doppler effect which works with even smaller fractions of a second to eliminate the northern arc. So far so good?

Here's my concern and question... This is all fine and dandy when you simply REFLECT an electromagnetic wave from an object to calculate its distance, like when we reflect a laser off the moon to calculate its distance. But REFLECTION is instantaneous, meaning there's no lag between the time the wave hits the object and the time it bounces back. Computer operations and systems however are not instantaneous. Would there not have been a finite but unknown amount of time between when the signal was received by the plane and the time it generated the handshake?! I know processors these days carry out millions and billions of operations per second and this is not normally an issue, but because we're dealing with such small fractions of a second, is it really a non-issue in this case?! Aside from these operations, are there not network lags that vary from time to time in transmitting a signal?!

What I'm trying to say in simple terms is that my Core i7 also carries out billions of operations per second, but it still takes several seconds for my wireless adapter to do a handshake with my wireless modem. Even if that was done in 0.01 second this time and 0.02 seconds next time, that translates to a HUGE difference in the potential position of the plane on the ground - 3000 km to be exact. Does it not?!
I don't know how they calculated it but the general procedure is that the clock of plane and satellite are synchronized together, the packets that are sent back are time stamped. So if you get this from 3 satellites, you can theoretically have three equations and three unknowns to solve the location of it. If you have less equation (less satellite reflection), then you can come up with the arc of the motion I guess. This is why a GPS system might take few seconds to find the location, because it needs at least three satellites.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I don't know how they calculated it but the general procedure is that the clock of plane and satellite are synchronized together, the packets that are sent back are time stamped. So if you get this from 3 satellites, you can theoretically have three equations and three unknowns to solve the location of it. If you have less equation (less satellite reflection), then you can come up with the arc of the motion I guess. This is why a GPS system might take few seconds to find the location, because it needs at least three satellites.
That makes sense actually, that the outgoing packets would be time stamped and if they have that and the time it was received back by the satellite it should take out most of the the unknown in the equation which is the system lag to assign that time stamp. But everything would have to be synchronized to the 10000th of a second order and the accuracy of the time stamp also needs to be in that order of magnitude. Is that realistic from a system design perspective?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
That makes sense actually, that the outgoing packets would be time stamped and if they have that and the time it was received back by the satellite it should take out most of the the unknown in the equation which is the system lag to assign that time stamp. But everything would have to be synchronized to the 10000th of a second order and the accuracy of the time stamp also needs to be in that order of magnitude. Is that realistic from a system design perspective?
I think the synchornization is not an issue nowadays. You can search for this but you can buy equipment to do that. The satellite has a atomic clock and since it moves in constant orbit, the height relative to ground is known and the delay is used to find the location.
Also the satellite sends a NMEA message that contains only the clock.
You can buy equipment for this purpose
http://www.spectracomcorp.com/Produ...PSClockSynchronization/tabid/100/Default.aspx

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I think the synchornization is not an issue nowadays. You can search for this but you can buy equipment to do that. The satellite has a atomic clock and since it moves in constant orbit, the height relative to ground is known and the delay is used to find the location.
Also the satellite sends a NMEA message that contains only the clock.
You can buy equipment for this purpose
http://www.spectracomcorp.com/Produ...PSClockSynchronization/tabid/100/Default.aspx
Thanks bro, that link was very helpful and good launch point for more research. Just came across this fresh off the press, you may find interesting/mind boggling in terms of accuracy: NIST launches a new US time standard: NIST-F2 atomic clock

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Regardless of how accurate their ping latencies are calculated, there still is a huge margin of error when it comes to a moving plane. Those arcs were a media stunt and nothing else. A real journalist would've pushed for all 7-8 arcs which never got released.

This plane screams "deliberate crash" and irresponsible secrecy. It's shit like this that makes me lose all hope for the world.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
so I have hear another theory, if there is some type of explosion or some type of gas (due to malfunction) released that killed all the passengers and the pilots and somehow the direction of the plane changed until ran out of fuel. Is that possible ?