Why can men have multiple wives but women cant have multiple husbands?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
Publishing something does not mean a whole lot. Emame Jahel and many Marjeh Taghlid have also published worthless shit that is not even worth wiping your ass with.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
I would love to see a link to Reza's publications as well, preferably in printable form. I'm running out of toilet paper.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
LOL at our resident professor here, stop embarrassing yourself my man, you are no scientist, you know Rafsanjani also has a PHD, did you get your degree the same way?

just post some of your publications so we can all have a good time ;)

The whole thing came about around mamad's time and 2 factors were key. First, what Ali (ISP - not son of abitaaleb) said to identify that father, and second, and perhaps more important was the survival of women in a male dominated society where wars happened often. This resulted in there being more women around than men and due to societal issues, the women could not work and support themselves. And the 4 wives was probably due to the ration of women to men being aroudn that at the time, otherwise why not pick 3 or 5?
yes this makes the most sense, men and women not being equal in the Islamic society, thank you Khorus jan.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
You are neither a scientist from what I know, nor religious or khar mazhab, but that made more sense than anything Agha Reza has posted his whole life.
Chaakeram Mahdi jaan. A little bit of common sense goes a long way, but unfortunately like I always say: "common sense, isn't"!!!

p.s. I have a measley Bachelors degree in computer science, so I could call myself a scientist, but I haven't published anything other than my programs that are still in use at major institutions. :)

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
Ali jan, you seriously think that was the reason in a society where they used to bury their female infants alive?

aside from that, a man could always deny the child is his if he didnt want his wife any more, especially back then. so it goes both ways.
Ali ISP pretty much answered the question. with the advent of islam in arabia the society stopped its practice of burying of infant girls. so the society which was so backwards then, changed this custom. it was the message of islam that changed them not anything else.

*the level of immaturity among posters is just amazing. why cant you people just argue without attacking the persons of culture? i mean try it once... it doesnt hurt you!

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Ali ISP pretty much answered the question. with the advent of islam in arabia the society stopped its practice of burying of infant girls. so the society which was so backwards then, changed this custom. it was the message of islam that changed them not anything else.

*the level of immaturity among posters is just amazing. why cant you people just argue without attacking the persons of culture? i mean try it once... it doesnt hurt you!
well, what if they dont want to have children? and what if they only sleep with one man when they want to get pregnant?

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
this is just pointless, what if the man who has four wives, denies the child is his? what if one of his wives is sleeping around, how the hell would he know? what if there is an earthquake and the woman's neighbor who had a boner at the time falls right on her with their genitalia aligned?

There is no absolute certainty when it comes to parenthood without testing.

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Well, I don't know whether either case should be allowed or not. But there does exist a difference. When you are married you should be able to sleep with your spouse. In the case where there is one man and several women, if everyone follows the rules ( not sleeping around nor lying -- i.e., falsely denying) any babies born will clearly have known parents. But in the other case you can't say the same thing.

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
R.Baggio aziz,
you live in the west in a society where everything is available to you.... most people of the world don't live in the same type of situation as you! even with condoms you can have kids by accident. and why would a man deny that a child is his when he is sleeping with his wife or wives???

you said "what if the man who has four wives, denies the child is his? " well whats the point here? what if a man who sleeps with his only wife says the child isnt his??? che rabti dare?

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Ali jan, rabtesh ine ke, you cant have absolute certainty when it comes to parenthood, you yourself say even with condoms you would never know when they are 99% effective. Your whole issue with this was you wouldnt know who the father is, im telling you, you cant tell 100% either way without testing.

They do not need condoms, a woman can tell when she is ovulating by counting the days, its the oldest form of contraceptive known to man.

btw, condoms were widely available in Iran for anyone interested last time i was there.

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Ali jan, rabtesh ine ke, you cant have absolute certainty when it comes to parenthood, you yourself say even with condoms you would never know when they are 99% effective. Your whole issue with this was you wouldnt know who the father is, im telling you, you cant tell 100% either way without testing.

They do not need condoms, a woman can tell when she is ovulating by counting the days, its the oldest form of contraceptive known to man.

btw, condoms were widely available in Iran for anyone interested last time i was there.
So, you are telling me that if you and your wife don't sleep around and only sleep together, and a child is born, it is possible that some other than you is the father?