World Cup 2014 - Calculator - Group stage

Aug 26, 2005
Bosnia is a very good team - IMO, should be slight favourites to go through with Argentina - and they have good individuals too...but their record against us is pretty crappy to say the least.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Interesting piece of statistics I did not even notice before: Nigeria have not won a game in the world cup since 1998 when they defeated Bulgaria 3-0 and we defeated the US 2-1!

And peaking of the '98 world cup, Taribo West, former Nigerian defender and a member of the 98 and 2002 WC's and the Nigeria team that won the Olympics in 96 thinks Iran is the team that might prevent them from making the 2nd round this time: http://en.starafrica.com/football/nigeria-taribo-west-reacts-to-draw.html

Their coach Stephen Keshi was also pretty diplomatic about the draw: "I am not in the group that feels the draw was an easy one. That would be a mistake to make because all the 32 teams in the pot were worth their places and would be formidable to tackle in the finals.. There is no way we are going to look at any team and under-rate that team. They qualified just like we did, and no team would be coming determined to simply make up the number. "

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Good for you buddy. Keep up the good work and when you grow up a bit maybe you can use the p word instead of calling it a vagina like 7 year olds! ;)
Waaay agha mooshe bekhore Behrou ro...

Waaaay ke to cheghadr nazy

LOL

Look, we have your history of when you opened the other forum and your stories about your life. All I can say is that we had quite a good time laughing at your "CV". Better be quiet before you go ad hominem.

As for everything else, either you have something to say that is actually football related or you don't...unfortunately you don't have except for clutching at straws through games from way past that have nothing to do with 2013 or 2014. You were "optimistic" in 2006 as well and we know how that ended, so hey, how about you shut the fuck up for a minute and let it breathe? hm??

And you don't worry about the amount I have played football or had pussy..it's enough for both of your and my lifetime. LOLz.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Mahdi jan.
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I don't think anyone is saying TM is better than Bosnia. If TM and Bosnia played today Bosnia would probably win. They're a good team with solid players playing in the best leagues in the world. We don't have that.
However I don't think it would come as a massive shock to me or you if TM with proper preparation had a good day and somehow tied or even beat Bosnia. Reasons I say this is because
1- Historically TM seems to play well versus East European teams. I'm not saying it really matters what happened in a game 15 years ago, but for some reason if you look at the history TM has always put in solid games versus Balkan nations
2- East Europeans choke hard when they have pressure. In that sense they're very similar to TM (until recently). Also they don't take non-European teams seriously when it matters.
3- TM is not as bad of a "team" as it once was. Compared to the 98, 2002 or even 06 team the talent level is much lower but the team as a cohesive unit is much better than I can ever remember.
4 - The game is 90 minutes. Imam Zaman is on our side :)

Additionally I don't think we'll play too bad versus Nigeria as well. Again historically, looking at the trends TM has always played very well against African teams. Even the physical ones. We're not intimidated and go at them.

Its against the top teams where we retract into our shells like turtles.
Look, all is well and you have fair points, however

1) The way people talk here about Bosnia as if they have some third class players from minor leagues is ridiculous.
2) The euphoria they have as a team and as a nation to play in the world cup is immense. Seriously, they had 15000 away fans or something at away games in Lithunia and Latvia. Google up some videos from their away games. All Bosnians I know of are willing to sell a liver to go to Brazil. You remember what we had in Iran in 98? Well, take it to the power of 4 and you have Bosnia right now. More importantly, they will play in the real Maracana while Serbians are sitting on their ass in the Marakana in Belgrad. That's big to them. No one knows what will happen until June, but the way some members write about Bosnia is ridiculous. This is the biggest thing that has happened to them in their nations history...they don't give a damn about Dayton compared to this.
3) Nigeria under Stephen Keshi has been the best African team over the past 3 years. Their federation is always good for a fuckup though. So yes, if they fuck up, maybe.
4) Imam Zaman might be on our side, but football games are still a Markov process and usually science wins.
5) Bosnians hate IFF and Quieroz. Talk to them. Quieroz because he played wind up merchant in the games with Portugal and IFF because they played all crappy friendly games against Bosnia where money went to channels no one knows of. IFF is part of a corrupt past of Bosnian football.

All is well, you can predict as much as you want and I really have no problem with people being optimistic. I believe myself that we might have a fair shot of making it out of the group. The disrespectful tone of members here however is quite embarrassing and is a proof on how little aware they are of football.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I am going to recommend to moderation team to ban Brando...his thread about prediction and calculation has been twice hijacked and turned into pussy, balls, etc.

Marlon jAn magar maraz dari baradar threadhayeh dardesar saz rah mindazi.
Well , Brando is innocent in this case. yours truly lured him into making this calculator thread based on his past good omen with WC Qualification Calculator Thread. please spare Mammadreza Brando from the wrath of ruthless ISP moderators. his current thread could potentially yield to some fine results for TM Iran. it's exciting times for TM Iran being part of elite 32 teams in World Cup. :)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Waaay agha mooshe bekhore Behrou ro...

Waaaay ke to cheghadr nazy

LOL

Look, we have your history of when you opened the other forum and your stories about your life. All I can say is that we had quite a good time laughing at your "CV". Better be quiet before you go ad hominem.

As for everything else, either you have something to say that is actually football related or you don't...unfortunately you don't have except for clutching at straws through games from way past that have nothing to do with 2013 or 2014. You were "optimistic" in 2006 as well and we know how that ended, so hey, how about you shut the fuck up for a minute and let it breathe? hm??

And you don't worry about the amount I have played football or had pussy..it's enough for both of your and my lifetime
Who's "we", you and your pipi? lol

Like I said, grow up and stop sounding like a 7 year old kid in the school yard. You're having one of your usual bratty kid temper tantrums just because I asked you if you have even touched a soccer ball to be calling other people commenting on the game clueless! The simple answer would have been yes or no, not talking about vaginas! And is if that wasn't a stupid enough response, now you're telling ME to stick with the topic?! WOW

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Well , Brando is innocent in this case. yours truly lured him into making this calculator thread based on his past good omen with WC Qualification Calculator Thread. please spare Mammadreza Brando from the wrath of ruthless ISP moderators. his current thread could potentially yield to some fine results for TM Iran. it's exciting times for TM Iran being part of elite 32 teams in World Cup. :)
Yazid! bebin che dardesari vase ma rah endakhti?? :D

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
What YOU see as the main key to get something out of this World cup?
Ivic style physical conditioning program.
Extensive analysis of all 3 opponents' recent games as well as their future games up to World Cup.
Extensive analysis of all 3 opponents' individual players performance in their respective Leagues.
Friendlies against teams with similar styles of play to all 3 opponents.
Resolve the issues of conflicts between IPL/ACL schedules and TM training camps in the best interest of TM Iran.
Send Esfahan water to all 3 opponents' camps in Brazil. :)

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Who's "we", you and your pipi? lol

Like I said, grow up and stop sounding like a 7 year old kid in the school yard. You're having one of your usual bratty kid temper tantrums just because I asked you if you have even touched a soccer ball to be calling other people commenting on the game clueless! The simple answer would have been yes or no, not talking about vaginas! And is if that wasn't a stupid enough response, now you're telling ME to stick with the topic?! WOW
once you stop being a moron I will stop replying to you as if you were a moron. If you want a serious answer and what I think about the draw, you can take my reply to Fatso. That's my serious reply to people I take seriously. Nane ghamar baziharo ham bezar baraye baghie....aghalekan rok o rast bash, yekkam be onvane adam jedit begiram. in kosso sher moozigari baziharo bezar kenar..."I just asked a question"...the last time someone asked a question, I asked a question back and he went home crying. Say hi to footballirani btw.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Behrou and Mahdi baba sareh jaddetoon bikhial.
Nader jaan, the whole thing started with the "clueless" comment. I have no issues with Mahdi or his views - he expresses his, you express yours, I express mine. I wasn't rude to him about it and I do expect the same level of respect back. Someone who can't understand that simple concept and crosses certain lines when having a simple friendly discussion needs to grow up. If you think that's wrong, tell me.

Nov 24, 2002
this is truly sad and to be honest sometime lately I log in to persianfootball instead of ISP , something I would never imagine do it ! akhe football in gadr arzesh dare ? az shoma 2 ta baeede be khoda , ageh 4 nafar dige in karo mikardan I would put them in my ignore list as I did ama shoma 2 ta akhe chera , ISP already be andaze kafi be g ... rafte digeh bishtaresh nakonid be khoda ..

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
this is truly sad and to be honest sometime lately I log in to persianfootball instead of ISP , something I would never imagine do it ! akhe football in gadr arzesh dare ? az shoma 2 ta baeede be khoda , ageh 4 nafar dige in karo mikardan I would put them in my ignore list as I did ama shoma 2 ta akhe chera , ISP already be andaze kafi be g ... rafte digeh bishtaresh nakonid be khoda ..
Mahbod jaan, tell me what I did so I won't do it again...

Nov 24, 2002
Mahbod jaan, tell me what I did so I won't do it again...
just don't reply behrou jan, if you think someone is not worth a reply don't , a mistake that MYSELF I did in past and went through same kind of issue , you are both old timer in this site , ageh shoma in karo bekonid vay be hale baghey ...

I say same to Mahdi as well as probably I know him better , just let it go , you just don't agree on this issue .simple of this

cheers

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Aug 13, 2003
This is great! Getting 1000 for 1 on bet makes Iran as relax as they ever could be. No expectation. All predict us to end rock buttom.
Combine of the prediction and what Mashdi said above, I hope we may have a chance to get 4 points, which I concider as the biggest goal for TM in this WC.
All the expert have put Iran at the bottom of the group. Lets face it, do you wanna dream or do you want to be awake on this? 4 points is a bid generous. Do you expect a tie against Nigeria? Did you see what they did to our youth team? Do you expect a win against Bosnia? Remember Bosnia made it through European competition. Don't expect a win. We always say this win and that win before World Cups and then we play half ass and lose badly. Korea,Japan, Australia are expected to do better because they have already started to prep with freindlies. Meanwhile we have not. Realistically, gut feeling, we will lose against Nigeria, because they are fit and they will run all over us. They are bigger, faster and stronger pound per pound. 4-1 Nigeria. Argentina will beat us by 5-0. Bosnia and Iran will end up in a 2-2 tie.