World cup qualifiers Oct 2017 (R)

Nov 24, 2002
HT: Australia 1-1 Syria.

Syria missing 4-5 players due to injuries and booking, including Omar Khribin who scored hat trick against Persepolis few weeks a go.

Syria would have probably already booked their ticket for Russia if they had home advantage and weren't forced to deal with Malaysia humidity, etc and they had Al-Somah from the beginning of tournament(conflict with government). Tough team to play against.

May 12, 2007
CQ was right that Syria is a good team!!! I though Australia would win with ease!
[video=youtube;yVsEHxgJ2zk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVsEHxgJ2zk[/video]

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Tough luck to Syrians ...what a free kick ...almost in ....not that I care either way .... I would have if they showed some sportsmanship during their encounter with us ....to their wobbly bums :15:

Nov 24, 2002
Tough luck to Syrians ...what a free kick ...almost in ....not that I care either way .... I would have if they showed some sportsmanship during their encounter with us ....to their wobbly bums :15:
They have two top strikers in Asia in Somah and Khribin, Khribin was injured today and they missed 3-4 other players. They really played with their heart.

Feb 4, 2005
I think Slovakia is the European runner up team who will miss the home and home playoff. All other second placed teams have more points than Slovakia (after taking away the points against their respective groups last team). That means Ireland, Northern Ireland, Croatia, Greece, Sweden (or Netherlands by a MIRACLE), Italy, Denmark and one of Switzerland-Portugal will battle for the final 4 European spots.