World Cup Tickets purchase tonight

Oct 18, 2002
Is anyone applying for it?

I do :iran:

I mean I am the only expert how to bring a huge Iran flag into the stadium without having any permissions for it hehe
Hence, I need to be there :smile:

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Guys, I just read the ticketing info in more detail and be careful with TST's. I don't remember if this was the case last time (in 2006), but if you request TST-3+ tickets and Iran does not qualify for the 2nd round, they will not refund your ticket! It just keeps going for whichever team makes it in Iran's place! I'm switching to TST-4! :(

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Guys, I just read the ticketing info in more detail and be careful with TST's. I don't remember if this was the case last time (in 2006), but if you request TST-3+ tickets and Iran does not qualify for the 2nd round, they will not refund your ticket! It just keeps going for whichever team makes it in Iran's place! I'm switching to TST-4! :(
That's how it was last time. No refund for not making to second round. You go with the team in that group which made it.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I registered for TST4 , 2 tickets.
Why didn't you go for 4 Houman jaan? I'm sure one of us will be more than happy to take them off your hand if you don't need the other two and we're not lucky enough to score them in the lottery. I'm thinking of registering for another 4 with a different address, just to be on the safe side. I really can't deal with the disappointment of not getting regular priced tickets this time around. :(

The nice thing about this year is that you can actually see the demand level for each ticket type and category and you can change your request until the last minute. So, if the demand level for the Iran games is low, we can actually reduce the number of requested tickets at the last minute.

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
I will update it to 4 tickets.

is there anything out there for transfer policy. I know last time we just submit a form online with new names and that was it. Is that still applies?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I will update it to 4 tickets.

is there anything out there for transfer policy. I know last time we just submit a form online with new names and that was it. Is that still applies?
Thanks bro. :)

Yeah, they'll have one set up right on FIFA.com this time, early in 2014. They said it's $10 for the transfer and maybe some other small fees. Still a hell of a lot better than paying 3x face value! I actually like it that they're controlling it on FIFA.com this time because that's going to discourage scalpers [read vultures] ;)

By the way, it already shows the Argentina and Brazil tickets in "High Demand" after just a few hours (as expected I guess), so if we end up in a group with those two, we're either screwed or our tickets are worth 10x their weight in Gold! :)

Nov 29, 2002
Still can't decide which category to choose.

I mean the view is worse for Category C but the atmosphere is arguably better... is Category A worth twice as much?

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Still can't decide which category to choose.

I mean the view is worse for Category C but the atmosphere is arguably better... is Category A worth twice as much?
I got Cat 2. If we get lucky we get the lower level ticket on the corners otherwise its upper level on the corners.
Cat 1 was just too expensive.