World Cup Tickets purchase tonight

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Yeah. just put anyone name and if you don't want it , you can transfer to some one else with a small fee.
Someone should put Paranoidbenchwarmer's name on his Iran games' tickets. the boy played a big role in Iran's successful qualification to World Cup and deserves the chance to watch Evil Empire's games in Brazil.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Jeez, am I the only one who didn't get tickets through the draw last time?! :(

You can change it until the end of this sale phase Pooya jaan, but not after. You'd have to apply for game 4 separately in the next sale phase.
BH jan you are the only person I heard that didn't get them. Something must have gone wrong.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
BH jan do you think its OK tp put bogus passport numbers. My friends haven't gotten back to me with their passport #s. I am afraid I am going to miss the boat. I might just get 2 & give them the shaft.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
BH jan do you think its OK tp put bogus passport numbers. My friends haven't gotten back to me with their passport #s. I am afraid I am going to miss the boat. I might just get 2 & give them the shaft.
I think so - I put bogus numbers for my extra two! There's no way they're going to expect you to bring passports to the stadium, especially not in Brazil where you can get mugged 6 times on the way to the venue! ;)

Plus, passport numbers change when you renew your passport, so they can't really withhold tickets based on that - not to mention that you still have till October to edit the numbers.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Have you gus looked at the hotels in Brazil ?
Almost all of them are taken and anything that is left is around 500 bucks / night for a descent hotel

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Have you gus looked at the hotels in Brazil ?
Almost all of them are taken and anything that is left is around 500 bucks / night for a descent hotel
I think you were looking at them in the local currency bro (i.e. Reals not dollars). That would convert to roughly $200 which is still a LOT, but hotels don't usually discount their prices this far ahead, that's even if they're offering rooms for that period. And we don't know where the games are going to be yet and on what dates, so not much point looking until December after the draw. Don't worry though, I'm sure we can score decent hotels for around $100-$120 - it might require a little bit of a drive though! ;)

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Counting the cost of a dream ticket to Brazil

Posted by Tim Vickery
Recommend190
Tweet6
Email

Sales of 2014 World Cup tickets got off to a brisk start Tuesday. According to FIFA, the 1 million applications received in seven hours included plenty from host nation Brazil, from neighbours Chile and Argentina, and also from the USA and England -- a testimony to the strength of Anglo-Saxon fan culture, especially as there is no guarantee that Roy Hodgson’s men will even qualify for the competition.

For non-Brazilians the cheapest tickets start at $90. A number of tickets are available to locals at knockdown prices -- part of a PR offensive to win Brazilian hearts and minds in the run-up to a tournament that may be a focal point for vociferous protests.

For visiting fans, though, the price of the tickets will probably be one of the more minor concerns when the time comes to sit down and draw up a budget for the trip. This is likely to be a very expensive World Cup.

The first cost, of course, is that of getting to Brazil. For Europeans, especially, this is likely to leave a considerable hole in the wallet, accustomed as they have become to cheap travel around their own continent. But once they touch down in Brazil their financial problems have only just begun.

Here I can throw in my own costs during the Confederations Cup by way of example. I managed to find hotels -- by no means top of the range but adequate enough for my needs -- for around $80 a night. I took three internal flights -- from my home city of Rio de Janeiro to Recife, the short hop from there to Salvador, and from there back to Rio. Cost: Approximately $560. Not excessive, perhaps, but not cheap either.

And here it has to be remembered that these prices are market driven. The Confederations Cup attracted hardly any foreign fans -- little more than 2% of ticket sales were to non-Brazilians. The World Cup is on a completely different scale. Hundreds of thousands of foreigners will be chasing hotels and internal flights, and prices will certainly reflect this.

I suffered from this phenomenon during the Confederations Cup when I tried to book a flight to Belo Horizonte for the semifinal -- which turned out to be Brazil against Uruguay. Prices from either Salvador or Rio were prohibitively expensive -- and this was before the tournament had begun, long before it had been confirmed that the hosts would be playing in this match. But the mere prospect of Brazil taking part had created extra demand and pushed the price sky high. I ended up taking the overnight bus from Rio, and then going back the same way a few hours after the match had finished. It was a good cheaper option -- but one that is not viable for most World Cup journeys. Both Rio and Belo Horizonte are in the South East region, and so close enough to each other to go by road. But in a country the size of a continent, that simply is not true about many of the 2014 venues. They are so far apart that there will be no real alternative to air travel.

This brings hidden costs into the equation. Many of Brazil’s airports are deficient in mass transport options to deliver the new arrival to the city centre. Taxi drivers will hope to make a fortune. In some of the cities -- Salvador, for example -- the journey from airport to hotel is a long one that can eat up at least $40. Over the course of a World Cup campaign, these kinds of costs all add up.

The exchange rate is easing for foreign visitors -- the dollar has just hit a five-year high against the real, Brazil’s currency. Even so, prices of things such as restaurants could well come as a nasty shock. Indeed, the rising cost of living was surely a factor in the background of the protest movement that suddenly flared up all over Brazil in June.

There could well be moments next year when fans from all over the world will feel like staging their own personal protest at the amount of hard-earned cash they are handing over. To ensure that you enjoy the experience of the 2014 World Cup, then, the best advice is to start saving yesterday.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Counting the cost of a dream ticket to Brazil
Does this dude usually go back-packing or what?! $80 for hotel, $40 for a "long" cab ride and $560 for 3 flights are expensive?! That's about half the price he'd pay in Canada for the same thing!

how many of you have thought of cancelling after IRI cancelled TM camp?
I have to admit, the thought popped into my head when I read that thread earlier, but I think it's a little too early for that.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Guys Apartments are going for $1000 daily in Rio during the world cup..... I found some hotel rooms and the cheapest are about $300 per person per night. It seem to be a nightmare when it comes to prices during this world cup. Brazil is no Germany where everything is in order and disciplined. With all the crooked things taking place there and no train system this maybe a nightmare WC for the traveler. It is giving me serious doubts now about putting in my application with these kind of hotel prices.

Oct 18, 2002
Guys Apartments are going for $1000 daily in Rio during the world cup..... I found some hotel rooms and the cheapest are about $300 per person per night. It seem to be a nightmare when it comes to prices during this world cup. Brazil is no Germany where everything is in order and disciplined. With all the crooked things taking place there and no train system this maybe a nightmare WC for the traveler. It is giving me serious doubts now about putting in my application with these kind of hotel prices.

what about dating a Brasilian girl wherever you live out there. I am pretty sure she is going to have some relatives in those cities.
This makes your trip cheap, you have a translator, plus you will have fun (well depends if she has a deep sleep nights or not)

And if you are married, I think your wife will understand. it is only for two weeks
:brazil1::brazil1::brazil1:

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Don't worry Pooya joon, at those prices IFF won't even be able to afford to get rooms for TM, so we don't have to go! ;)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Guys, TST-3 tickets for Iran Category 1 are already showing Medium demand. Has anyone figured out what these demand levels mean? Does low Demand mean for example everyone will get them, medium demand mean a certain percentage (what is that percentage) of people will get them and high demand mean low percentage of applicants will be successful and again what's the percentage?

The Brazilian Real has been in free fall since May of this year and has lost 15% of its value compared to most relevant currencies. Hopefully (for us), the trend will continue! ;)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Just a reminder guys... There is less than a week left in Sales Phase I, if you were planning to register but have not done so yet.

TST-3 Category 1 for Iran is still the only one showing medium demand - which I'm guessing means about 2/3 of us will get the CAT1 tickets for TST-3 or 4. It looks like everyone who applied for lower categories will get them.

The demand from Europe is surprisingly low - other than the Netherlands all other countries are showing pretty low demand - even Germany, Spain and Italy! Demand from Australia seems to be the highest from countries outside the Americas. Those freakin' Mexicans have gone nuts as usual - man I can't stand those guys! ;)