A Selection from "Resaleh" (Towzih ol Masael) Book of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini

Aug 26, 2005
Not quite dear. Our understanding of them (i.e religious truths) is a function of our conditions, challenges, spiritual education, and our potentialities which are as you say our Creator's gift to us. These potentialities and capacities are latent in all of us and only will be made into capabilities in accordance with our spiritual education, conditions and of course effort. Capacities are present in all, just as a small seed that possesses all the potentialities of a mighty oak tree. However, fertile soil (education), water (word of God), sunlight (love) and its own effort are needed to help it drive its roots into the ground and become the mighty tree. Some other seeds that are left on rocks, wither away which is why education and connection with the creative Word are so important.
We seem to be going in circles. Our understanding, whether it is a capability or a capacity is given to us through god. Maybe we all have the capacity but the capabilities are hinged on our learning in this life. But again, that is all in the control of god. And why would he give us the capacity yet not afford us the "spiritual education" to use that capacity.

Simply put, if god willed it, it would never need be reliant on such variables.

Revelations appear to different people in accordance with their challenges and comprehension, it's not a competition. Overall, progress is made with every step. As well, spiritual education is more important than material.
That is a cop-out. The greeks created a very equitable political system called democracy. They did so without Allah or the Bible. They did it before Christians were Christians and Muhammad had his first revelations. So obviously, we already had people discovering these truths without such help. It did not need to be given and it certainly wasn't given chronologically as you would expect if our understanding gets better with time.

True, but passage of time and greed of clerics for power perverts the Cause of God which is why renewal is necessary. Just as the water that comes out of a spring is first pure, and as it rolls down the mountain gathers dirt and dross, the Cause of God too becomes polluted with man-made superstitions and dogma which is why it needs to be renewed at frequent intervals.
I mentioned this elsewhere: however man wishes to interpret it, the source for the interpretation (god) is silent. Your perversion may be another man's truth. So we are not given answers as more questions arise.

That's a lengthy discussion in itself, but suffice it to say that there is no "bad" or "darkness" or "evil" in the world, only lack of good and light. The Creator of all things who is good and loving has not created "sheytan" or "demons" to fight us, only that demon is our own lower nature in the absence of goodness and love. Heaven and hell too are only state of spiritual being and our closeness or remoteness to our Maker, as opposed to a place. These are creations of power-hungry clergy who have enslaved the masses for ages to sell them tickets to their "heaven"! Don't believe it dear!
Again, this is your interpretation and to an objective viewer you're both seeing what you wish to see. And if there is no inherent good or bad in it; then there is no difference in it.

Recall, it is the difference between "capacities" and "capabilities" dear. Loving spiritual education, and steadfast perseverance will turn our capacities into capabilities. In short, we cannot be "mad" with our Maker for not doing all things for us. In this level of existence we grow as a result of our efforts and accomplishments. This has to do with the very purpose of our lives and the condition of our souls as spiritual beings to naturally yearn after its Maker.
I believe I've already replied to this point. Let us end it here, for I am not in the least assuaged in my doubts and I do not have the time to disagree with you repeatedly. I appreciate your posts, but I leave the thread with the same ideas I entered it.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Kaz jaan, for the record I did not say that there is no good or bad, rather that there is only good, its absence is known as bad. There is light, its absence is darkness. There is warmth, its absence is cold, etc. This seemingly simple difference of outlook makes a fundamental change in how one views the world. For the one who believes in good and evil must necessarily fight "evil" and to destroy it with sword and guns. But when we view "evil" as absence of "good", we fight it by spreading what is missing, i.e good. Likewise, we fight cold with warmth, fight darkness by spreading light and the likes. This changes our reality and the conditions of the world.

And thank you as well, you clearly have an inquisitive mind, which although time-consuming(!), is a blessing nonetheless. I'd like to offer you a book which contains many of the discussions which you may find interesting. It is called "Some Answered Questions" by Abdul-Baha who is one of the central figures of the Baha'i Faith, however, you can read it as the contributions of an illumined mind if you wish.

Some Answered Questions: http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/ab/SAQ/