Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

Jun 18, 2005
اولین تجربه حضور افشین قطبی روی نیمکت تیم شیمیزو اس پالس با شکست سنگین تیمش مواجه شد . روز گذشته در دیداری دوستانه به مصاف تیم دسته دومی توکیو رفت که این دیدار را با نتیجه 6بر 2 به تیم توکیو واگذار کرد . این درحالی است که قطبی به ژاپنی ها وعده داده بود که این تیم شهر شیزوکا را مانند توت فرنگی های این شهر در جهان معروف خواهد کرد

Ghotbi's team was up 2-1 before half. The real rideman started after the coach's half!

http://www.varzeshi.net/sport.php?go=02-89.11.21.jpg

Tokyo FC used to play in the J league but they got relegated last year. Should have used 4 defensive midfielders Ghotbi! :smoke:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
sly jan aberooi dar kaar nist. Ghotbi, the opportunist that he is, has sold himself to the Japanese as a Californian not an Iranian.

raminio05

National Team Player
please come out with a statement explaining your presence at AN's inaugeration. Your supporters on this site have been reassuring us that you were forced and that once you were safely out of Iran you would make it clear to us that your life was in danger and that you were forced to go.

And while your at it, please explain what you meant exactly when you said that you were dissapointed in the players that wore green wristbands because they were mixing sports with "politics".

So we're waiting.................

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Although I don't want to make this a political debate as this forum is not intended for that... Islamic Replublic has been in power for over 30 years now, why all the sudden Ghotbi is being questioned about his acts and gestures?... did you honestly expect him to take the job and criticize the officials while on the job?
I am not going to get into "he could have done this or could have done that"... a simple thing to remember is that he is not a politician and was not there for that cause no matter how important you want to make it...
It's just like some of us iranians would not care if TM beats Brazil (even though they are iranians) or such in WC on a given day... Is this all the problem our soccer has today? this is not going to do any good to our soccer!

Nov 24, 2002
He probably wont never , after all , i doubt he will last more than season in Japan ( maybe earlier) va male bad bikhe rishe sahabeshe ..
He will be back coaching a team in IPL soon .. so he won't ...
i heard he will be in next Navad program , not that he cares for our foorball but he thinks about his possible return in Iran later on ..

ABall

Bench Warmer
Jun 15, 2006
whoknowwwws?
please come out with a statement explaining your presence at AN's inaugeration. Your supporters on this site have been reassuring us that you were forced and that once you were safely out of Iran you would make it clear to us that your life was in danger and that you were forced to go.

And while your at it, please explain what you meant exactly when you said that you were dissapointed in the players that wore green wristbands because they were mixing sports with "politics".

So we're waiting.................
You can wait all you want, just because his supporters on this site said something doesn't mean he has to explain their reasonings. Ghotbi was simply a head coach at the time, you're grasping at straws here.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
What sort of explanation except being paid big full pocket of money without knowing anything about football and achieving no results???

He was no one before then and had no chances of any contract like the one he has signed with J-League team in Japan without having TM coaching in his resume.

Do you really think he is going to come out and say all that? I am sure if he could find the same money and benefits elsewhere he would have stormed out of Iran as soon as he was told to participate in that dancing with dictators. He might have posed as a natiaonl hero and fooled some. But this had to happen and some had to learn the hard way that traitors and opportunists like him are what they are...

.^*&&*&(&*( be QOTBI and all excuses he might say about this matter once he finds no chance of returning to IPL...mark my word.... Then he will not say he is not a political person etc. etc.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
It doesnt matter who is the coach, they all have to show up...

so do not make a big thing out of this
ehm who says so Reza? 4 yrs ago, when AN was first elected, none of the TM coaches at the time showed up at his inauguration..hala AN aside, no other TM coaches had previously attended Presidential inauguration before! So Ghotbi has set a record low in history in that sense!lol

That aside, guys asabetuno khurd nakonin..raft dige..

Oct 18, 2002
Nilou, Irans football is controlled by IRI in all sectors. If noone else showed up in the past, they all go to AN office once in a while and shake hands and kiss each other. Branco did it and the rest, too. So when Ghotbi goes to an inauguration he goes because they have told him to go and he has to go.
I am not supporting Ghotbi here but at the end you all have to realize the situation in Iran that if you take a position within TM you automatically except the system and the politics in Iran.
Matter of fact if all those positions within IFF change the way you and me want it, those people still have obey, kiss and accept the IRI

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilou, Irans football is controlled by IRI in all sectors. If noone else showed up in the past, they all go to AN office once in a while and shake hands and kiss each other. Branco did it and the rest, too. So when Ghotbi goes to an inauguration he goes because they have told him to go and he has to go.
I am not supporting Ghotbi here but at the end you all have to realize the situation in Iran that if you take a position within TM you automatically except the system and the politics in Iran.
Matter of fact if all those positions within IFF change the way you and me want it, those people still have obey, kiss and accept the IRI
Ur right about corrupted system of IR and Iranian football Reza, but even within current corrupt system, our prev TM coach did NOT participate in Presidential inauguration. Branko didnt, didnt meet AN either. After him, Ebrahimzadeh, Ghalenoie,Daei none of them did that either.
Ghotbi not only made it all political himself, but also at a very bad timing..

Oct 18, 2002
Ur right about corrupted system of IR and Iranian football Reza, but even within current corrupt system, our prev TM coach did NOT participate in Presidential inauguration. Branko didnt, didnt meet AN either. After him, Ebrahimzadeh, Ghalenoie,Daei none of them did that either.
Ghotbi not only made it all political himself, but also at a very bad timing..

this is not true. I know Branco and Daei both showed up with the team and sometimes without team and talked to some high officials about current situation. Branco for instance when to AN office right before going to Germany.
They get invited at goverment palast...
The problem is that this kind of envite does not get much public attention.
I remember that some players have given me details about this.

Nilou wake up you have to obey whatever IRI wants you to do so you can go ahead and do your job as TM coach

Jun 18, 2005
[video=youtube;RJ0TXtPU9gI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ0TXtPU9gI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Selling the same crap as he did here. Heart rate monitors, softwares,...etc. LOOOOL at the 4-3-3 scheme they are going to play. It is more like 5-4-1.