FIFA FUTSAL WORLD CUP COLOMBIA 2016 (Sept 10th to October 1st)

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The World Cup of Futsal started a couple of days ago and Iran is grouped with Spain, Morocco, and Azerbaijan. Iran will be playing her first game later today against Spain which is ranked as the second team in the world. Iran is currently ranked 6th and is hoping to reach the Semi finals. Here is the current rankings:

http://www.futsalworldranking.be/rank.htm

And here you can view the groups and standings so far.

http://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/groups/index.html

I hope Iran can get a victory or a draw against Spain and start their tourney on the right foot!

Nov 24, 2002
This team is not good according to experts. Not many creative players as before, they even struggled against some Asian teams.

Nov 24, 2002
Not that i disagree with you on this but we always try to make whatever belongs to past look better than what it really is ..It makes me laugh when every time i see they invite some of old timers such as Fonozadeh brothers or like few days a go Naser Ferguson and they keep praising our football in past, in fact when you look at some video in 80s and 90s. Iran 3rd division teams playing much better than our teams in 80s and 90s. We sure had some talented players, amma hich kodomeshoun tactic pazir nabodan.

At least new generation players have this advantage(not only the ones who play outside).

One of the main issue of Futsal is coaching, team ba Morabbi Irani be jaaee nemirese..

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
I was very disappointed with our performance in this game, Spain could have won with a bigger margin! Not sure why our team was playing so disorganized... but it was nothing like what we witnessed in the past 2 WCs! Hope they find themselves in the next games otherwise they will go out in the 1st round...

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Not that i disagree with you on this but we always try to make whatever belongs to past look better than what it really is ..It makes me laugh when every time i see they invite some of old timers such as Fonozadeh brothers or like few days a go Naser Ferguson and they keep praising our football in past, in fact when you look at some video in 80s and 90s. Iran 3rd division teams playing much better than our teams in 80s and 90s. We sure had some talented players, amma hich kodomeshoun tactic pazir nabodan.

At least new generation players have this advantage(not only the ones who play outside).
Agreed. Always exaggerate and glorify the dead and past....I mean our summer Olympic results is a good indication of our performance in the past and present. Never had much to offer (if anything we have done better recently).

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
There are a total of 6 groups of 4 teams and with 16 going to the round of 16 which would make the top 2 teams of each group along the best 4 from the 3rd placed teams. That is what I gathered from the round of 16 qualification which increases Iran's chances if they earn 2 victories or at least 1 victory and a draw.

So far Guatemala, Mozombique, Cuba has lost both games and are sitting in the 4th place comfortably. From the 3rd place teams Egypt, Australia, Vietnam have 3 points form 2 games which puts Iran in a dangerous place. Today's game is a must win for Iran and with a good margin if they are to stand a chance on the last day.

Nov 24, 2002
Now they need to beat Azerbaijan team which has few Brazilians(typical of their sport teams) and beat Morocco 5-0 in last match

Nov 24, 2002
Azerbaijan lost 4-2 to Spain, so we need to beat them in the next match becasue they have better goal difference.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Iran 3 Azerbaijan 3! Looks like Iran advances after all as the 3rd team from its group (with 4pts)... Surprising that nobody else updated the result or talked about this game! Perhaps everyone gave up on this team already :)
We had better chances today against Azerbaijan but couldn't win. We will most likely meet a strong team in the next round (1/16).

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Iran 3 Azerbaijan 3! Looks like Iran advances after all as the 3rd team from its group (with 4pts)... Surprising that nobody else updated the result or talked about this game! Perhaps everyone gave up on this team already :)
We had better chances today against Azerbaijan but couldn't win. We will most likely meet a strong team in the next round (1/16).
Iran will face Brazil in playoff

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
so that's where it ends.. Such a shaky defense. comical goals, our keeper was really poor. That second yellow card in last game cost us.