FIFA FUTSAL WORLD CUP COLOMBIA 2016 (Sept 10th to October 1st)

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Iran just defeated Brazil 3-2.. They are the twice reigning world champions and have won 5 world cups before. This is by far Iran's greatest victory in history of Futsal.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Wow! What a game and what a comeback by our kids... Bravo! They made history today, none of us gave them a chance against Brazil (world champs)! That was amazing... I hope this team goes really far this year, they deserve it! Unbelievable...

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What an exciting game and a hell of a win by Iran job well done and good sportsmanship by Brasil's Falcal. Great game and great W on to Paraguay! They were down 3-1 at one point but TM never say die!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Wow...incredible indeed!!!

Na be oon moghe ke az ba Azerbaijan mosavi mikonim, na be hala! Dameshoon garm!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Next game is against Paraguay! We should be able to beat them in a normal day, right?

If we do we will meet the winner of Russia-Spain in the semi-final and I guess that will be difficult.

May 9, 2004
واقعا دمشون گرم
شاهکار کردن برزیل رو بردن تو امریکا جنوبی
خدا کنه پارگوئه رو دست کم نگیرند
ایران همیشه همینطوره وقتی میبینه تیم مقابل اسم داره قدرتمنده برعکس بقیه تیمها شیر میشه
وقتی تیم مقابل زیاد اسم نداره بد بازی میکنه
نه تنها تو فوتسال تو هرورزشی
تو جام جهانی با ارژنتین هم شانس می اوردیم امکان داشت ببریم یا حداقل مساوی حقمون بود
بعد از بوسنه سه تا میخوریم
خلاصه دمشون گرم

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
Congrats to all! It is great to wake up to such good news. As babayei in Kolaghermezi says "Extraordinary" :) :15:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I have been following Iran's game and saw (Iran-Spain) and (Iran-Morocco) but missed (Iran-Azerbaijan) and then saw the Iran Brazil game. Let me just say that Iran really bad in the game against Spain and were under pressure the whole time and never looked they had a chance. Morrocco Iran won but still played very weak and conceded some bad and easy goals. A win against Azerbaijan would had Iran facing Thailand but that game ended 3-3 and thus playing Brazil. Now in the Brazil game even though Iran was behind 2-0 they still played competitive and seemed as the better side through out the game. You have to keep in mind Iran came back to draw the game twice at 3-3 and 4-4 and both these goals happened with a tactical strategy of taking out the goalie and bringing in a player instead. This gave Iran tremendous attacking power and on both occasions Iran scored with this tactic to tie the game. The angles are very tight the extra player really opens it up. Iran is really good at that play and during overtime once Brazil made it 4-3 Iran literally scored after 10-20 seconds with the tactic right away. The goalie was really good too as he had shown shaky in the previous games. If Iran can play like this again with Paraguay it really has a chance to take them too. The Iran coach seems nice too and has the players respect. His tactics were truly brilliant as they paid off and showed there was much practice and preparation for them.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Last night was also Falcao's last game in the Brazil shirt. This was his 5th World Cup and is viewed as the Pele of Futsal. He was thrown in the air by the Iranian team after the game but was clearly dissapointed at this loss even though he scored a hat trick.

http://www.fifa.com/futsalworldcup/...t-as-a-legend-but-not-a-champion-2835849.html

Falcao bows out a legend, but not a champion
(FIFA.com) 22 Sep 2016
Members of team Iran send off Falcao #12 of Brazil with several toss-ups
© Getty Images
All around Bucaramanga’s Coliseo Bicentenario, there was disbelief. No-one could believe the game they had just seen – a pulsating 4-4 draw between Brazil and Iran, decided on penalties. No-one could believe it was the Brazilians going home. And above, no one could quite believe that this was the end of Falcao in Seleção yellow.

It wasn’t supposed to be like this. The script clearly read that there were at least another two hours of Falcao magic to come at the FIFA Futsal World Cup Colombia 2016. But Iran spectacularly ensured that this narrative went up in smoke amid the fiery passion of a night that will live long with everyone on the court.

While celebrations were wild for those in red, they were well aware of the significance of Ahmad Esmaeilpour’s converted spot-kick, following on from the departing Brazilian legend, who had moments before converted his own penalty. As one, the entire Iran team went to Falcao to say their own farewells and, in doing so, throw him into the air in celebration of a career that has left an indelible mark on futsal.

But, despite hitting three of Brazil’s four goals to sign off – showing has talents have far from deserted him, defeat always stings hard for a champion. “I remain very happy having finished my career with a hat-trick but unfortunately they are worth nothing,” he told FIFA.com as he walked to join his grief-stricken team-mates on the bus.

“These goals are of no real value; they are just helping me to improve my record. If I was able to change everything I did in this tournament, including the goals, and be able to trade it to become world champion, I would in an instant.”

That all-time scoring record, which he clinched in their final group game against Mozambique, has swelled to 48, accrued across a record 34 matches in a record fifth tournament. So, while a last moment of glory has not added a fairy tale sparkle to his legend, that legacy is immovable.

A man of the people
“Even with this result, I remain hugely proud because as I end my career I know I will be remembered as a very important player in the history of futsal,” he reflected, with eyes reddened having shed many a tear in the wake of his swansong. “I was world champion twice, while I am so honoured to see how the fans view me and what I have done, as this is what is most important to me.”

Having been asked countless questions, posed for photo after photo, and given every person who asked a moment of his time, it’s clear that he bows out as an icon of the people, a sentiment his coach reinforced. “Falcao has been huge, not only for the national team, but for the world,” Sergio told FIFA.com.

“His influence is massive but this is the end of his time with the national team, and he’s not going to the final, which is historic, as it is the first time ever we’ve not made it into the semi-finals.”

And the coach’s frustration was clear, having seen his team be pegged back by Iran on three occasions, before feeling the wrath of lady luck in the shootout. “It was our best game of the competition but we lost on penalties,” he said frankly. “We were unlucky to see Ari’s penalty hit the post, but we need to move on. That’s life.”

Falcao was matter-of-fact as he assessed his final game at a Futsal World Cup, as the path of retirement opened up ahead of him. “I knew the game was going to be tough. People back home in Brazil were saying before the tournament that both Brazil and Iran were among the favourites to win the tournament, but we met in the round of 16 instead and here we are, leaving Colombia on penalties.”

It was the most dramatic of twists to end a tale that futsal won’t soon forget.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
brasil is the current world champion.not too shabby for the young
iranian team.btw,looks like white boys who fail in real soccer make
the futsal team in brasil.

[video=youtube;FgsL1TzoaNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgsL1TzoaNs[/video]

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
This game was an instant classic. Iran started shaky but played overall very offensive and positive football. The players made us all very proud. Inshallah we will win against Paraguay too.