{Important} Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
One more thing,

What is the reason for being reluctant to say what the reason is? Whatever ISP's reason for the 100-post rule is, they presumably assume that the rule would take care of the problem, so now, with the rule implemented, we should have a fully safe and sanitized forum. Therefore, if everything is safe, why can't they disclose their reasons?

Another point: unless we delete threads on a continuous basis, agents who don't have 100 posts now, can wait till they have 100 and go back and read past posts and gain the information they missed because of the 100-post rule at a later time. So the safe way is to delete all archives on a continuous basis!

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
One more thing,

What is the reason for being reluctant to say what the reason is? Whatever ISP's reason for the 100-post rule is, they presumably assume that the rule would take care of the problem, so now, with the rule implemented, we should have a fully safe and sanitized forum. Therefore, if everything is safe, why can't they disclose their reasons?
Khodam jan, the potential reason is already been mentioned here. plz refer to above post.
certain ppl(and their families) here have been threatened here bc of running the site.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2005
Niloufar Jan

Has your username been hacked into by the Paranoidbenchwarmer by any chance? :)

I have never had these problems that you are referring to and did not know about them until now. Even my friends who have been visiting that site do not have these issues.

As others have suggested these moves will do little to protect anyone of us not that I am looking for that anyway.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Niloufar Jan

Has your username been hacked into by the Paranoidbenchwarmer by any chance? :)

I have never had these problems that you are referring to and did not know about them until now. Even my friends who have been visiting that site do not have these issues.

As others have suggested these moves will do little to protect anyone of us not that I am looking for that anyway.
lol,that was cute!;)
FI jan, lets just say this danger/threat just happened very very recently..

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
So, I guess the issue is not the safety of the members, but apparently there has been threats to the family of the ISP admin. We would be selfish to ask them to not take the thread seriously. But at the same time the movement should go on and there should be another venue we can post political news that is open to all. Here is a link.
NO ADVERTISING

ISP Admin

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
Dear all,

Thanks for all your posts and concerns. we value all comments, and take them in to consideration when making changes.

Maybe we should have given you more details in our original post about the reasons behind our decision.

As you are aware, ISP was blocked by the government of Islamic Republic of Iran a few weeks ago. While we were saddened by this decision, to block a sport website, we decided to carry on the format of the forum as it is.

Ever since, we have been receiving theats in emails on the weekly basis, and in recent days, the frequency and contents of these threats have intensified. We are not going to reveal the nature of these threats, but these threats have become very specific in recent days, and it has reached a point that we are not comfortable to carry on as it is.

ISP Admins held a meeting recently, and it was jointly decided not to put any restrictions on the material posted in the forum, as this would only allow those who have been making threats against us to win. However, we decided we needed more control over who was visiting the forum. At the moment, anyone can visit the forum without even logging in, and we have no control over it.

We have decided that the forum would only be visible to those who are logged in, and have a minimum of 100 posts. In this way we have a full control on who is visiting the forum, and can actually search for IP addresses, and determine who might be making threats against us.

Following your comments, we have held another meeting, and we have taken your comments in to consideration. We have decided to reduce the minimum number of posts needed to visit this forum from 100 to only 30.

We fully understand that this might restrict some of our visitors, but based on the recent threats made against us, we need to track every member who visits this forum for our own safety.

If you have any particular friends / family members who are visiting from iran, and rely on the information posted in this forum, then let us know, and based on your recommendation we will be happy to grant them permission to view this forum.

Thanks for understanding
ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.