Iran-Player ratings

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
1-10 1 being the worst rating and 10 being the best.

Mirzapour : 5

Kaabi: 7

Golmohammadi:7

Reazaii: 6

Nossrati: 5

Kia: 4

Nekoonam: 7

Teymoorian: 8

Karimi: 3

Daei: 4

Hashemian: 6

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
Kaz said:
Karimi played worse than Daei? LOL Kia is level with Daei? Alrighty...
Yeah bro, karimi was the worst player on the field. Daei was not far behind. They both sucked in their respective positions.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
i think you are being too kind to Mirzapour, Daie and Nekoonam, and too tough on Kia and Karimi. My ratings

Mirzapour : 2

Kaabi: 6

Golmohammadi:6

Reazaii: 5

Nossrati: 4

Kia: 6

Nekoonam: 4

Teymoorian: 7

Karimi: 5

Daei: 2

Hashemian: 6

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
I agree that Karimi was very ineffective, but you also have to take into account who Mexico had guarding him.

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
Farsheed said:
I agree that Karimi was very ineffective, but you also have to take into account who Mexico had guarding him.
Farshid Jan,

Regardless of who was guarding Karimi, can you recall one positive move by Karimi that resulted in anything at all. Even Daei for gods sake gave him a couple of good passes in a decent position and he just gave the ball away. He is playing scared, injury or not.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Maziar said:
Farshid Jan,

Regardless of who was guarding Karimi, can you recall one positive move by Karimi that resulted in anything at all. Even Daei for gods sake gave him a couple of good passes in a decent position and he just gave the ball away. He is playing scared, injury or not.
Hi Maziar:

I saw Karimi attempt to make a few moves, and saw Marquez take the ball away with amazingly precise tackles.

I agree the one thing Daie still does well is when he gives a one touch pass. The same way he gave great one touch passes to Azizi in the Australia game, Mahdavi Kia in the US game, and Karimi in the Ireland game.

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
Farsheed said:
Hi Maziar:

I saw Karimi attempt to make a few moves, and saw Marquez take the ball away with amazingly precise tackles.

I agree the one thing Daie still does well is when he gives a one touch pass. The same way he gave great one touch passes to Azizi in the Australia game, Mahdavi Kia in the US game, and Karimi in the Ireland game.
yup, thats all Daei's good for these days.

Zopyrus

Bench Warmer
Aug 11, 2004
Mirzapour : 5 (couldn't do anything 'bout the goals)

Kaabi: 3

Golmohammadi:7

Reazaii: 6

Nossrati: 3

Kia: 3

Nekoonam: 4

Teymoorian: 8

Karimi: 3

Daei: 1

Hashemian: 3

Mar 2, 2003
I disagree with many of you.

My ratings using a 10 point scale (10 best 1 worst):

1- Mirzapour: 5.5 (his rating affected by his blunder)
2- Kaabi: 7 (his rating down for his backpass to Mirzapour)
3- Golmohammadi: 8 (his rating bumped for his goal)
4- Rezaie: 7 (a 8.5 if not for his blunder)
5- Nosrati: 7
6- Teymourian: 8 (one of our best)
7- Nekounam: 7.5
8- Mahdavikia: 8 (he was one of our best too, despite his injury)
9- Karimi: 7.5 (not his best game given his injury, and he won't make the high light reels from this match, but far more influential than many realize)
10- Daei: 5 (he should have been subbed)
11- Hashemian: 8 (hustled hard, did well overall, and a nice header saved brilliantly by Sanchez)

Subs:

12- Madanchi: 6 (not a good substitution IMO)
13- Borhani: Too little playing time to really rate him, especially coming into the match at the wrong time when his traits would have been best in a counterattacking situation

Coach: 5

I don't care how much Branko tries to deflect criticism by blaming the players. He was a major reason we lost. He didn't sub Daei even when (whether by design, fatigue, or otherwise) we were in a counterattacking situation and Daei was no counterattacking threat. Borhani should have been brought in very early in the 2nd half to replace Daei. Branko took out Karimi, perhaps having no other choice because of Karimi's injury, but failed to bring in Shojaie to keep some of Karimi's traits in the match. And he kept one of his substitutions and didn't use it, despite the fact that he claims Iran were tired and fatigued! And, above all, he was outcoached by Mexico's coach as they did much better in the 2nd half while we did much worse.

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
Simply Ken said:
I disagree with many of you.

My ratings using a 10 point scale (10 best 1 worst):

1- Mirzapour: 5.5 (his rating affected by his blunder)
2- Kaabi: 7 (his rating down for his backpass to Mirzapour)
3- Golmohammadi: 8 (his rating bumped for his goal)
4- Rezaie: 7 (a 8.5 if not for his blunder)
5- Nosrati: 7
6- Teymourian: 8 (one of our best)
7- Nekounam: 7.5
8- Mahdavikia: 8 (he was one of our best too, despite his injury)
9- Karimi: 7.5 (not his best game given his injury, and he won't make the high light reels from this match, but far more influential than many realize)
10- Daei: 5 (he should have been subbed)
11- Hashemian: 8 (hustled hard, did well overall, and a nice header saved brilliantly by Sanchez)

Subs:

12- Madanchi: 6 (not a good substitution IMO)
13- Borhani: Too little playing time to really rate him, especially coming into the match at the wrong time when his traits would have been best in a counterattacking situation

Coach: 5

I don't care how much Branko tries to deflect criticism by blaming the players. He was a major reason we lost. He didn't sub Daei even when (whether by design, fatigue, or otherwise) we were in a counterattacking situation and Daei was no counterattacking threat. Borhani should have been brought in very early in the 2nd half to replace Daei. Branko took out Karimi, perhaps having no other choice because of Karimi's injury, but failed to bring in Shojaie to keep some of Karimi's traits in the match. And he kept one of his substitutions and didn't use it, despite the fact that he claims Iran were tired and fatigued! And, above all, he was outcoached by Mexico's coach as they did much better in the 2nd half while we did much worse.
i disagree with you a bit on some players, but a 7.5 for Karimi !? I am shocked. What exactly did he do that was worth while ? And Kia ? Horrible cross after horrible on every set piece and what else ? Yeah, he had a lot of touches, but what exactly came of them ?

Mar 2, 2003
Maziar said:
i disagree with you a bit on some players, but a 7.5 for Karimi !? I am shocked. What exactly did he do that was worth while ?
He drew 2-3 players to himself, keeping them where he was on the field and not free to do what they wish. He started with some good passes and one run that was stopped by a late Rafa Marquez tackle in the box. He continued distributing the ball intelligently, although he did make a couple of mistakes. He was constantly fouled, sometimes not called and sometimes called, given us freekicks.

No. He was not the Karimi who often single handidly wins our games. But he was an influential player who, except if he was injured and couldn't play, should have remained on the field. And if he was replaced, his replacement should have been someone with his traits. Someone like Shojaie, who is pretty good (even if raw).

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Mirza 3 .... clearly at fault on all 3 goals .

kaabi 5

Golmo 3 despite scoring a goal , he was second best in all situations.

Razayee 6 ( he played well ,just one bad touch after Mirza's blunder )

Nekounam 5 not his best

Teymoorian 7 Iran's best player of the day

Karimi 5 acceptable despite his injury

Nosrati 4 solid but again uncomfortable in left back

Mahdavikia 5 did his best due to his injury

Hashemian 6 worked hard but diden't play in his ideal position

Daei ,, 0 !! ( the mexican team should rate him as he helped them a lot !)

Coaching team the Hayenas of iran team : 1/10

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
Simply Ken said:
He drew 2-3 players to himself, keeping them where he was on the field and not free to do what they wish. He started with some good passes and one run that was stopped by a late Rafa Marquez tackle in the box. He continued distributing the ball intelligently, although he did make a couple of mistakes. He was constantly fouled, sometimes not called and sometimes called, given us freekicks.

No. He was not the Karimi who often single handidly wins our games. But he was an influential player who, except if he was injured and couldn't play, should have remained on the field. And if he was replaced, his replacement should have been someone with his traits. Someone like Shojaie, who is pretty good (even if raw).
His mistakes were more than a couple, and if drawing two defenders is an indication of a good game, then Daei had a phenomenal game. Who exactly did he set loose, when he was double-teamed. Watch the game again Aziz.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
While I agree with your relative ratings, I think you need to reduce all the numbers by 1 or 2. I loved Teymourian's hustle, but come on, an 8 is too generous. If he was an 8, then what is the rating for Arjen Robben?

Maziar

Ball Boy
Jul 9, 2004
Farsheed said:
While I agree with your relative ratings, I think you need to reduce all the numbers by 1 or 2. I loved Teymourian's hustle, but come on, an 8 is too generous. If he was an 8, then what is the rating for Arjen Robben?
i guess ratings are relative to the game. Robben deserved a 14 out of ten if the ratings were constant :)

Zopyrus

Bench Warmer
Aug 11, 2004
Daei didn't DRAG two defenders, he STOOD in the MIDDLE of two defenders all the time. There's a difference.. wherever Karimi runs except while defending he had two on him while daei decides to stand and wait in the middle oftwo defenders thinking it will make him look good.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Zopyrus said:
Daei didn't DRAG two defenders, he STOOD in the MIDDLE of two defenders all the time. There's a difference.. wherever Karimi runs except while defending he had two on him while daei decides to stand and wait in the middle oftwo defenders thinking it will make him look good.
Well spoted ! you are in the know !